Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > How can i get one frame data quickly form QuickTime

How can i get one frame data quickly form QuickTime
chinakid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2004, 03:05 AM

hi All ,
I want to encoder a AVI file to MPEG file . So befor encode every frame i need convert the RGB data to YUV data for every frame .Now i find convert RGB to YUV is much slow . I try do it by two way .
(1) .. use QuickTime playback ( Carbon API : MoviesTask () ) , Get the movie GWorld , then get the Pixmap RGB Data .
(2) .. use QuickTime API GetMoviePict . get the PicHandle , convert the PicHandle to GWorld ,then get the Pixmap RGB Data ..
Is there any method for relizing RGB to YUV in QT quickly ?? Thanks for your help !

ann

audiffred
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2004, 11:57 PM

Yes, there is an easy way. Use apple's image compression tools. You will want to setup two gworlds with different pixel formats and decrompress from one into the other. Looks up functions like DecompressImage, DecompressSequenceBeginS, and DecompressFrameWhen.

chinakid  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2004, 02:35 AM

hi
okay . I'll try it after my holidays . later ,i'll come here and post my result . Great thanks for audiffred .

ann

Forum Links
Forum Rules