Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Does Anyone Have Simcity 3000 MAC?

Does Anyone Have Simcity 3000 MAC?
microangelito
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 13, 2009, 07:32 AM

Hi,

As the title does anyone have Simcity for MAC? I have a copy but my installer file is broken! Would it be possible for someone to POST a copy of their installer file somewhere so that I could download it from there (e.g. Rapidshare, Megaupload...). I really want to play this old game but have damaged my installer application by storing it on a PC drive and the original disk broke! I think the rest of the files should still work.

I can't find this game anywhere for sale in the UK where I live so would really like to fix my copy.

Please Help!
Thanks in Advance.
Powerbook G4 1Ghz (TiBook), Powerbook G4 550Mhz, Powerbook G3 500Mhz Pismo, iBook G3 300Mhz Clamshell, iBook G3 800Mhz, Powermac G4 450Mhz Sawtooth, PowerMac G3 B&W Rev 2 400Mhz, iMac G3 DV Tangerine, ipod Nano 8GB 3rd Gen, various PC's, Some vintage macs.

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2009, 12:17 PM

Hello and welcome to MacNN. You will find that this group is not particularly RS/MU friendly. We keep the dialogue clean-ish and any subject that borders on questionable ethics tend to get closed or slammed. Just advice for you as you are a new recruit.

I did some quick research and you might check in with Simtropolis Forum or EA Support OnLine. If you have your valid serial number, there is no reason they can't help you. Hope it works out

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2009, 09:49 PM

If you bought the game but the disk is broken (or the installer), you can try downloading via bittorrent. 100% legal if you already bought the game.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

moep
Senior User
Sep 19, 2009, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
100% legal if you already bought the game.
That’s not completely true because downloading files via Bittorrent equals redistributing them in most cases.*

I’d still suggest the same thing though.

*perhaps even when leeching.
"The road to success is dotted with the most tempting parking spaces."

Forum Links
Forum Rules