Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sealobo & anyone else in Hong Kong...

Sealobo & anyone else in Hong Kong...
Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 31, 2004, 08:47 AM

My visa expires on August 9th, so I have to go to Hong Kong to get a new one before then somehow (hrm, talk about last minute, eh?)... The problem is just that I've been out of town for two weeks, got back last night, and tomorrow I have a new flatmate flying in from Germany, followed within the next four or so days by six other people who are coming to see me here. Perfect timing. So:

1) Can anyone help me with where to go to get my visa renewed in Hong Kong? Visa companies, or the proper department-office-whatever-thingy? Anyone have experience with this sort of thing (China/Hong Kong particularly)?

2) Anybody want to meet up? (Or, if you're really generous, offer me a couch to sleep on if I need to stay a night?)

TIA

Oisín  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 7, 2004, 11:09 AM

*bump*

I'm leaving tomorrow... anyone?

Sealobo
Aug 7, 2004, 05:26 PM

check your PM inbox!

Oisín  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 9, 2004, 10:06 AM

*bump again*

Well, I'm in Hong Kong now, taking pictures of the place mostly

If anyone wants to have some sort of meet-up or sumfink, I'm staying at the YMCA on Waterloo Road (which I don't even really know where is, knowing less than nothing about Hong Kong geography), and I have some time tomorrow morning before going back to Beijing...

Forum Links
Forum Rules