Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FA: G3 iBook 12" 640mb/40gb,5200rpm/CD-RW, Airport, 10.3, $450

FA: G3 iBook 12" 640mb/40gb,5200rpm/CD-RW, Airport, 10.3, $450
brickcam
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2004, 02:37 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5737789904

� Dual-USB 12.1" 2nd generation iBook, 500 mhz G3
� CD-RW drive (Sony)
� RAM: 640 MB (maxed out)
� New HD: 5400rpm 40 GB Seagate Momentus. The old hd was making some strange noises so I had it replaced one month ago. The new one is faster; most laptop hard drives are 4200 rpm; note that this one is 5400rpm.
� Battery: replaced this year. Be wary of buying laptops with old batteries.
� AC Adaptor: the iBook came with the yo-yo adaptor that is vulnerable to damage at the plug end. I bought a new adaptor from Battery Tech (Product ID: MC-PS/G4) that has detachable cables and a sleek black case. They also assert that it charges better than Apple's. This is the adaptor your will receive.
� Airport card for wireless internet and transferring files between computers without any cables.
� I will format the drive and load OS 9, 10.1, 10.2, or 10.3 depending on your preference. I am also including the original system discs (see picture) AND the 10.2 Jaguar discs.

I'm selling this computer because I no longer need it. This machine is well-used, and has some scuff marks on the case. Cosmetics aside, it functions perfectly and all of the internal parts are in excellent condition. Please see the pictures for one of the small scuffs. These laptops are extremely durable and I've been very happy with it. I have been careful with the machine and taken good care of it; the scuff marks are just from my desk. I kept it at home most of the time.

The long story short, this is a fully-loaded iBook that will provide excellent service to someone looking for a nice machine that is a few years old and is a reasonable price. The newer battery, bigger and faster hd, maxed-out RAM, airport card, and better AC adaptor distinguish this iBook from the others you'll see on eBay.

Thanks for looking! I will happily answer any questions, please feel free to write me.
Cameron

Forum Links
Forum Rules