Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook trade

Powerbook trade
ssj4finalflash
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2003, 09:06 PM

I'm currently a 2'nd year computer science student attending Rochester Institute of Technology. This August, I used ADC Student membership to buy a fully loaded Titanium 15 inch with a 60 gig hd, 1 gig ram and a superdrive, now with os X 10.3. However, I was wondering if anyone on the forum had the desire to do some type of trade to a similarly speced rev b. 12 inch? I powerbook is in excellent condition, but I'm starting to think my computing needs would be better served with a 19 inch lcd for coding in the dorm and a more portable laptop. By excellent condition I mean, that I've used compressed air on the keyboard and cleaned the screen properly since first receiving it. I know this is my first post, but I've been an active and daily viewer since July. This powerbook replaced a dual cpu athlon system I build during high school.

toans
Dec 15, 2003, 10:10 PM

I would jump at the chance to trade...pity mine is a Rev A or you would have found someone willing to swap.

ssj4finalflash  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2003, 12:11 AM

I would also be willing to trade for a 15 inch aluminum powerbook (assuming no white spots.) This might be beneficial to someone who wants more ram and a superdrive, but doesn't mind giving up the new form factor for the older titanium. Though this doesn't solve my original size concern it would be an interesting change for both involved. Please respond if anyone in interested in either a 12/15 or a 15/15 swap. I can send pictures of my Powerbook setup in my room if requested to show its condition.
( Last edited by ssj4finalflash; Dec 16, 2003 at 01:17 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules