Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > I customized Parallels...Now I can't undo it

I customized Parallels...Now I can't undo it
freescalpel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2007, 03:46 PM

Why do I always try to screw things up, when they're working perfectly?

I customized my the VM (Windows XP) to start every time I launch Parallels. Also I checked the option to quit Parallels every time I close the VM. It seemed like a great idea to make things faster. Now, I want to undo some of the customization, which means I have to close the VM but keep Parallels running. Unfortunately, the way I've customized it, once I open Parallels, I can't interrupt the direct booting into XP. If I try to make any changes to the VM, it tells me I can't do so until I exit the VM. However, when I shut down Windows, it follows straight to closing Parallels completely (just like I wanted it to previously!).

With my current setup, is there any way I can get to make changes to VM again? I hate to uninstall/reinstall because it took me quite a while to get Parallels working for me.

Thanks.

mfbernstein
Senior User
Apr 8, 2007, 07:49 PM

No you don't have to uninstall. This thread offers various ways out. Alternatively, you can just edit the relevant text file as described here.

freescalpel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 9, 2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by mfbernstein View Post
No you don't have to uninstall. This thread offers various ways out. Alternatively, you can just edit the relevant text file as described here.
I got it fixed by editing the PVS file with TextEdit. Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules