Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > [ANN] GPush (Google Mail Push Notifications) Released..again.

[ANN] GPush (Google Mail Push Notifications) Released..again.
kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009, 09:12 AM

GPush is live on the App Store once again.

The long awaited Gmail Push Notification Service is not coming from the search engine giant and creator of Gmail, Google, but from Tiverias Apps: a non-related company specializing in productivity enhancing applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Tiverias Apps have released a statement saying that “GPush is the missing link between GMail and the iPhone. For the first time, receive instant Gmail message notifications”. The application was released on the App Store earlier this month but was taken down just hours after its release due to server complications. Tiverias have subsequently fixed the problem and have used this downtime to address other issues and concerns with the application. The downtime serves as both a fix and an update.

In essence, the application will mimic what it is like to receive a text message, where a user is alerted and a notification is shown on the front screen displaying what the message says. Several applications already take advantage of push notifications, but none have been posted to the App Store that allow push notifications of incoming mail.
Received a promotional code for it yesterday, I'll have a review within the next few days.

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2009, 08:59 AM

I've tried this app. It is good but not as good as I would like it to be. For some reason I wouldn't solely rely on that app. Sometimes it doesn't notify me

kylef  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2009, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Hg2491 View Post
I've tried this app. It is good but not as good as I would like it to be. For some reason I wouldn't solely rely on that app. Sometimes it doesn't notify me
Yep, this is happening to me too. Major disappointment. I've un-installed it and turned Fetch back on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules