Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerMac G4, stacked to the gills

FS: PowerMac G4, stacked to the gills
Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2004, 03:33 AM

I've got a Quicksilver PowerMac G4 that I'm selling. Just about everything inside has been upgraded. Here's the run-down:

Originally an 867 MHz, now sports an OWC 1.25-1.4 GHz CPU upgrade
1.25 GB of Crucial PC133 RAM
Original IBM 60 GB hard drive (only original part in the system!)
LG GCC-4480B Combo drive, writes CDs at 48x. Fully supported in Mac OS X without the need for special drivers or patches.
GeForce 4 Titanium video card, 128 MB of VRAM, DVI and ADC ports
Apple Pro Keyboard and Mouse included
Fast SCSI card

This is a great machine that can hold its own against the single processor G5s. The graphics card in particular is very fast - Halo, for instance, looks beautiful and runs much faster than any Mac with a Radeon card I've ever seen. Overall, game performance is really good and OS X performance is excellent.

Cosmetic condition is pretty good. You might see the occasional scratch, but the case is in great shape. The only cosmetic issue is that the Combo drive doesn't have a faceplate. It looks kind of ugly, but that's about it. The drive door cover thing is still there, so you won't notice it until you actually open the tray.

I'm asking $900 for the computer, and that includes insured ground shipping.

Another item available is an Apple ADC CRT display. This is the last standalone CRT Apple ever made. It's a 17" display, with a clear case and an ADC connection. Here's the catch - there's a problem with this display that causes it to spark on the inside, scratching the inside surface of the glass. By now it's gotten really badly scratched up, and it's ugly to look at. The display still works fine, it just looks bad and you wouldn't want to use it for everyday use. However, in the interest of getting rid of it, I'll throw it in for only the cost of shipping, if you buy the PowerMac as well. If you want to get it I will figure out the actual cost of shipping, which should probably be between $30 and $50.

Final item is Unreal Tournament 2004 for Mac. I'm asking $20 for this.

Please send inquiries to emiliorescigno at gmail dot com.
( Last edited by Luca Rescigno; Dec 8, 2004 at 12:06 AM. )

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Luca Rescigno  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2004, 12:06 AM

Price drop to $900.

Luca Rescigno  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2004, 12:36 AM

The display offer is off for the time being while I research something. Someone at another forum told me that there's a recall on the 17" ADC CRT because of a widespread defect that caused the problems it's having. So I'm not too keen on giving it away if it is going to be replaced with a brand new monitor that's actually worth something.

Forum Links
Forum Rules