Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > New theme: "True Aqua"

New theme: "True Aqua"
Ricci Adams
Apr 19, 2002, 03:54 PM

Here is a screenshot of my new theme, True Aqua.

I disliked the traffic light buttons of Aqua, but I hated the bland grey interface of Graphite. True Aqua replaces the traffic lights with blue widgets.

You can download the theme here:
Download True Aqua v1.0

[ 04-19-2002: Message edited by: Ricci Adams ]

KidRed
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2002, 04:22 PM

The blue looks forced, as if you simply changed the hue of the original widgets. I suggest trying to get cleaner looking widgets.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

rgoer
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2002, 04:29 PM

You might want to try looking at the circular blue widgets theme.
Even Einstein feared the power of "spooky action at a distance"

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Apr 19, 2002, 04:40 PM

The blue looks forced because he changed the hue of graphite to look blue.

circular blue widgets is not very nice.. the buttons don't look alike. If you want to do it properly, use the widgets from circular blue and change the standard state so all of them look the same..

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2002, 08:01 PM

I thought "True Aqua" is taken? You know the one with fancy "Star-Trekish" window bar?

zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2002, 11:58 PM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:
<STRONG>I thought "True Aqua" is taken? You know the one with fancy "Star-Trekish" window bar?</STRONG>
Whatever happened to that theme?? I was looking forward to it, I remember someone said they were going to improve on it (was it Swiz??) but never heard of it again!!

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

Synotic
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2002, 12:37 AM

I believe the theme was Total Aqua? No?

Originally posted by bOOzo:
<STRONG>The blue looks forced because he changed the hue of graphite to look blue.

circular blue widgets is not very nice.. the buttons don't look alike. If you want to do it properly, use the widgets from circular blue and change the standard state so all of them look the same..</STRONG>
Well I adjusted the colored ones... I probably should've adjusted the graphite ones. The reason I didn't use the same normal state is because I wanted to apply the same hue changes to each frame in the pixmap. So that it would look more consistent for that widget. I probably could make an update if anyone really cares. I never wanted that theme posted anyways, he just put it up and wouldn't take it down when I told him to. I make tons of Aqua variations on request, and never advertise them. I wish it wasn't the very first one listed... even I think it looks lame. I didn't make it for me.

mattstoton
Senior User
Apr 20, 2002, 06:45 AM

[QUOTEI never wanted that theme posted anyways, he just put it up and wouldn't take it down when I told him to. I make tons of Aqua variations on request, and never advertise them. I wish it wasn't the very first one listed... even I think it looks lame. I didn't make it for me. [/QUOTE]

You didn't ever tell me to take it down. I have years of IM logs and emails, so don't bend the truth.
New sig coming soon. Yes, it will violate the sig guidelines :p

mrtew
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2002, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by mattstoton:
<STRONG>You didn't ever tell me to take it down. I have years of IM logs and emails, so don't bend the truth.</STRONG>

I don't think you should need to be told to take it down! I agree with Synotic that it looks terrible, expecially as the first one on the page. You should put the most popular ones first or the newest ones first or the best ones first or something (if you are looking for free advice on your page) :-]

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

mattstoton
Senior User
Apr 20, 2002, 10:41 AM

It'll do that (and probably be able to sort by quality and popularity) when the site is updated with the php back-end. At the very least, scrolling through the list shows how far we've come; Alumite being one of the best.
New sig coming soon. Yes, it will violate the sig guidelines :p

Synotic
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2002, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by mattstoton:
<STRONG>You didn't ever tell me to take it down. I have years of IM logs and emails, so don't bend the truth.</STRONG>
I distinctly remember doing so, and off chance that I didn't, just take it down. I mean at to the page you state that if you wish to submit someone's theme, you must be the owner or have their consent. I sure as hell didn't send it in or let anyone else. I never told you to put it up. I just stuck it up there for someone because Adium doesn't have file transfer support, and AIM didn't at the time. Also, shouldn't you ask the authors for their�agreement for the theme? I never copyrighted hue-shifted widgets. What do I care if people for some reason want to use some blue widgets in their theme? I would never advertise an Aqua variant as my own.

My point is, even though I distinctly remember doing so, I don't need to tell you to take something down that you put up without my consent. You should have either never put it up or taken it down immediately when you realized that it violated your own statement of not being able to post a theme unless it was sent by the author or by someone with consent.

Would you want me to submit your Hi-Tech theme to osx.macnn considering how incomplete it is? Well that's probably a bad example as you thought it was even worth displaying at all.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 21, 2002, 05:00 AM

God dammit this is why I hate theme threads!!!!

wingdo
Senior User
Apr 21, 2002, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by AKcrab:
<STRONG>God dammit this is why I hate theme threads!!!!</STRONG>
I couldn't agree more.
MBP - 2.33GHz C2D, 3GB RAM, 256MB VRAM, 160GB HD
PB - 1.5GHz G4, 2GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, 80GB HD
PM - Dual 1GHzG4, 1.5GB RAM, NVidia GForce 3, 2x 80 GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules