Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > VLC media player 0.8.2-test2

VLC media player 0.8.2-test2 (Page 2)
The DJ  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2005, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
There is a one pixel wide, green line around the movie image when playing full screen. Is there any way to disable this?
You are probably using 0.8.2-test2. The greenline issue was fixed after this release.

Derk-Jan Hartman, Student of the University Twente (NL), developer of VLC media player

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jun 15, 2005, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by The DJ
Could you stress test the upcoming nightly test build please?? (should be done in 3 hours from posting time)
I went beserk on the safety routines for OpenGL resize. Hopefully this will fix those resize issues.

Moving the bottom-right corner of the window around like a maniac for a minute, should be a good enough test.
I didn't try it with a DVD yet, but on the latest nightly (June 15th, I think it was), everything seems fine. I tested a few movie files and resized maniacally. All seems well. Someone mentioned the green line issue—I actually had it show up in this latest nightly for a few of the clips I played, and not for others. Let me know if I can help any there, too.

And on another note, if the team needs any graphics/icons contributed to the project, I would be glad to help out. It's a great piece of software.

The DJ  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2005, 08:06 AM

i would love to get more information about the green line issue. If you could gather a bit more information on the files that do and the files that don't show this issue please? (width+height and format please).
and you have nvidia drivers correct?

Derk-Jan Hartman, Student of the University Twente (NL), developer of VLC media player

vasu
Senior User
Jun 16, 2005, 08:09 AM

btw, the large mkv files play great now, thanks!

Scooterboy
Senior User
Jun 16, 2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by The DJ
i would love to get more information about the green line issue. If you could gather a bit more information on the files that do and the files that don't show this issue please? (width+height and format please).
and you have nvidia drivers correct?

Mine was a standard Star Wars Episode 2 DVD.
Scooters are more fun than computers and only slightly more frustrating

threestain
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2005, 03:58 AM

Just a quick note to say the new version works great for me, using all kinds of different DVDs, without any sign of green lines...

The DJ  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2005, 07:47 AM

I need to mention that on some mpeg1 and mpeg2 movies this green line is expected behaviour as long as it's at the bottom only. Something with encoded size not matching display size of a movie. A problem that VLC currently has no way of circumventing. Could ppl please report WHERE they see this green line?

Scooterboy
Senior User
Jun 21, 2005, 11:17 PM

I see it on every DVD disc or file that I play using VLC. 0.8.2 test 2. Is there a newer version? The 0.8.1 does not work with my Sonica Theater and 5.1 speaker set (analog).
The green line frames the movie. Sometimes just at the edges of the movie, sometimes at a distance, outlining a larger frame size than the movie uses.
Scooters are more fun than computers and only slightly more frustrating

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2005, 03:52 AM

same for me, I see the green line around the whole movie when in full screen. I'm not sure it matters what movie is playing but I haven't investigated thoroughly yet. I've had this since test1

tokamac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 22, 2005, 04:03 AM

You can download VLC 0.8.2 test 3 here.

The DJ  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 22, 2005, 04:00 PM

Which videocards are used in these circumstances?

The DJ  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 22, 2005, 04:02 PM

Indeed the 0.8.2-test3 has been released. Again a lot of bugfixes. Without any major issues, this is the version (+updated translations) that we will release this weekend.
( Last edited by The DJ; Jun 22, 2005 at 04:41 PM. )

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2005, 04:02 PM

stock ati 9600 in a G5 running 10.4.1

The DJ  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 22, 2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by rm199
stock ati 9600 in a G5 running 10.4.1
I have created a custom build for you.
http://sidekick.student.utwente.nl/v...-0.8.3-svn.dmg

Could you test this version of VLC and tell me if the green line is gone now?

tokamac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 26, 2005, 06:03 AM

It's finally there. As The DJ said in this newer thread, VLC 0.8.2 is released. You can download it here.

Forum Links
Forum Rules