Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop install help

Photoshop install help
carbonfiber
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2005, 08:00 PM

Im having some trouble installing PS with creative suite 2, since i had to reformat. I installed the PS CS2 trial, ran that until it ran out, so i got creative suite 2 from my friend. Now while trying to install that, i got an error telling me i cant install it while i have the PS trial installed, so i deleted the PS folder, and other adobe folders, in the Apps folder. I ran the installer again, still got the error, so i searched my hard drive, and deleted ant adobe folders. I ran the installer again, i didnt get the error anymore, but when i got to the step that asked me what apps i wanted to install PS was greyed out, and said it was already installed and would remain as is. I searched, and searched, to no avail. I really hope somebody can help me out on this, im going through PS withdrawel.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 29, 2005, 08:31 AM

Did you use the included uninstallers? (dodging the whole "got it from a friend"-issue)

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

carbonfiber  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2005, 08:17 PM

There is none. I read in its documentation somewhere on how to uninstall, and it said to delete certain files/folders, which i alread did. I cant seem to find any uninstallers either with the PS trial, or on the CS2 discs.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2005, 12:31 AM

There's separate uninstallers for Version Cue and Acrobat.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

carbonfiber  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2005, 06:31 PM

Those arent the problem.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2005, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by carbonfiber
so i got creative suite 2 from my friend.
I suggest you buy the software and not steal it. By purchasing it, you can then contact adobe for support and your not stealing a win win situation

carbonfiber  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Maflynn
I suggest you buy the software and not steal it. By purchasing it, you can then contact adobe for support and your not stealing a win win situation
Look, im a kid, i dont have that kind of money. Nor am i legaly allowed to get a job (other than making minimum wage, flipping burgers), nor do i have the time for one. I am not even using it profesionaly, or making any money using the program. IMO, thats none of your business anyway, and you didnt help with my problem. And you dont even know if i stole it, i didnt say i did, you dont know how, or why my friend has it. So pease dont reply if you dont have anything constructive to say. I apologize if i sound harsh.

ChrisF
Senior User
Dec 1, 2005, 06:03 PM

And you dont even know if i stole it, i didnt say i did, you dont know how, or why my friend has it. So pease dont reply if you dont have anything constructive to say. I apologize if i sound harsh.
If you "got it" from your friend, it's not yours. It's that simple. As a "kid," and presumably a student, you are entitled to educational discounts; failing that, Photoshop Elements is considerably less expensive and more than just adequate for the vast majority of people.
I'm sure Adobe would be glad to assist you if it's your copy.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2005, 01:45 PM

Look, im a kid, i dont have that kind of money. Nor am i legaly allowed to get a job (other than making minimum wage, flipping burgers), nor do i have the time for one. I am not even using it profesionaly, or making any money using the program. IMO, thats none of your business anyway, and you didnt help with my problem. And you dont even know if i stole it, i didnt say i did, you dont know how, or why my friend has it. So pease dont reply if you dont have anything constructive to say. I apologize if i sound harsh.
Just because your kid doesn't mean you get to steal things and lets be quite clear about this, your installing and using a product that you did not buy. That's stealing.

Just because you won't use it for profit or you cannot afford give you the right to take what is not yours.

I didn't help you because I don't help people steal I had to wait and save up before I purchasde things and I did without them until I could afford it. I suggest instead if taking something that isn't yours you do the same. flipping burgers and making minimum wage is a start why complain that you cannot get somthing and not work when you already admitted that you can get a entry level job.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules