Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > what should i ask for my pismo?

what should i ask for my pismo?
mike_cube
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2001, 02:21 PM

i'm looking to sell my pismo, i need some advise on what to ask for it. here are the specs:
pismo 500mhz
1gig ram
18 gig hd
2 usb ports
2 firewire ports
dvd rom
vst internal zip drive
iomega external usb zip
2 batteries
2 power supplies
lacie external cd/r/rw
keyspan twin serial usb adaptor
epson stylus photo ex printer
apple pro mouse
graphite apple keyboard
a big laptop backpack
vst floppy drive
and i'm also throwing in the original 12 gig hard drive
its loaded with graphics and some video apps, the cds are not included

[This message has been edited by mike_cube (edited 02-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mike_cube (edited 03-01-2001).]

PeteL999
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2001, 12:56 PM

me say 10 dollah. I buy now. yayyyyy
Are you or are you not the black angel of death

IamTHEarm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2001, 02:19 AM

sell it for what you can get out of it, or pass it on to a needy college student.(it's not a tax deductible donation, but it'll make you feel good) And if you donate it to me, you could keep all the extra stuff, I am not greedy(unless you really wanna give it to me).
evil is as evil does

macadvocate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2001, 05:23 AM

I am willing to give you $1,300 plus the cost of shipping.....=)

macadvocate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2001, 05:25 AM

I am willing to give you $1,300 plus the cost of shipping.....=)

However, I would appraise it for something around $2,600 but since I am just a high school student. this is all I can afford. =)

Powerbook G4 User
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2001, 01:11 AM

Mike,

I would be interested in your powerbook. I would be ESPECIALLY interested if you were interested in my powerbook g4. I live in Lexington, so this has the added benifit that we can meet each other and make sure we both like the other person's stuff.

I posted this in another board...

I'm sorry if I'm not suppose ot be posting this type of messages. If I'm not, just tell me thanks!

Does anyone want to buy a powerbook g4? Or even better, trade a pismo 500 for my powerbook g4 500 (you would have to add other items too of course). I also have an extra battery and an extra AC adapter to go along with this. I have all the packaging in mint condition (some things aren't even opened yet).

I got the powerbook 3/7/01 and its in perfect condition with no bad pixels. It has a 20 gig HD and Airport installed. The reason I am thinking of getting rid of it is 1) I want a cdrw built in (available for pismo), 2) dual-batteries would be nice, and 3) I don't like the silver/silver-white coloring, 4) I could use more money, and 5) buying a pismo now means I can buy a later revision g4 later .

Everything works fine except a few things I noticed...

- dvds make a funny sound when they are inserted... I would send it back to Apple. They eject and mount normally.
- at its darkest setting, it is much darker than lombard or pismo BUT at its brightest setting, it is BRIGHTER.
- the HD is louder than an IBM drive (its toshiba). Its not really *loud*, but compared to my Lombard its noticeably louder

other than that everything seems great. I can take pictures if you want them, I want to be as honest about everything as I can because I feel uncomfortable myself buying a used Powerbook G3.

Since I don't want to be flamed (I don't know if this post offends people) I won't put my contact information unless there is interest for this. I am not trying to make a profit, I will trade this for exactly what I paid for, maybe even less. Thanks!

mike_cube  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2001, 12:13 PM

i'm interested,how do i get in touch with you?

Originally posted by Powerbook G4 User:
Mike,

I would be interested in your powerbook. I would be ESPECIALLY interested if you were interested in my powerbook g4. I live in Lexington, so this has the added benifit that we can meet each other and make sure we both like the other person's stuff.

I posted this in another board...

I'm sorry if I'm not suppose ot be posting this type of messages. If I'm not, just tell me thanks!

Does anyone want to buy a powerbook g4? Or even better, trade a pismo 500 for my powerbook g4 500 (you would have to add other items too of course). I also have an extra battery and an extra AC adapter to go along with this. I have all the packaging in mint condition (some things aren't even opened yet).

I got the powerbook 3/7/01 and its in perfect condition with no bad pixels. It has a 20 gig HD and Airport installed. The reason I am thinking of getting rid of it is 1) I want a cdrw built in (available for pismo), 2) dual-batteries would be nice, and 3) I don't like the silver/silver-white coloring, 4) I could use more money, and 5) buying a pismo now means I can buy a later revision g4 later .

Everything works fine except a few things I noticed...

- dvds make a funny sound when they are inserted... I would send it back to Apple. They eject and mount normally.
- at its darkest setting, it is much darker than lombard or pismo BUT at its brightest setting, it is BRIGHTER.
- the HD is louder than an IBM drive (its toshiba). Its not really *loud*, but compared to my Lombard its noticeably louder

other than that everything seems great. I can take pictures if you want them, I want to be as honest about everything as I can because I feel uncomfortable myself buying a used Powerbook G3.

Since I don't want to be flamed (I don't know if this post offends people) I won't put my contact information unless there is interest for this. I am not trying to make a profit, I will trade this for exactly what I paid for, maybe even less. Thanks!

sblunden
Mar 16, 2001, 03:31 PM

With all the extras I would think you could get close to $3000.
Is is still under warranty? That is important.
- s p e n c e r

Forum Links
Forum Rules