Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > annoying gym trainer

annoying gym trainer
kernokerno
Apr 25, 2007, 02:23 AM

Since I don't have a blog, I'm gonna post this here

I go to a gym near my house but the asshole idiotic trainer is getting really annoying.

Everyday when I arrive, I say "hi" to him with a handshake (which is a really common thing here), but this guy just reply with a sour and mad "hi". The truth is that that make me laugh when I'm there, but the thing that really annoy me is when I have to start my routine and have to make a persecution (literally) to get him.

I really try to be kind with him but he just keep being something like a smartass. I really go there to exercise trying to not be distracted so much, which means that i don't talk too much there.

It's not that I'm going there for free and because this is the only option I have at 5 minutes from my house and the only place that open early I don't know what the **** to do. ... The next month payment it's so coming.

Have you ever had this kind of experience? what would you do?

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2007, 03:08 AM

Why do you shake his hand everytime. I normally only shake hands the first time I meet someone, and that is it.

Ignore him.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2007, 04:13 AM

just go in and do your thing. I've seen to many people lose interest due to bad trainers over the years. is the trainer part of the gym fee? if so, complain to the boss about you not being able to easily getting your trainer to help you out, and why are you paying for a trainer when the one you have is unkind?

is it possible to get another trainer??

Alex

edit: am tired. It sounds like it's just that one guy there in the morning. if so, just go in and do your thing without the trainer, but if the trainer is part of your membership fees, then complain loudly, but friendly (and don't cuss )

Tiresias
Apr 25, 2007, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by kernokerno View Post
Since I don't have a blog, I'm gonna post this here

I go to a gym near my house but the asshole idiotic trainer is getting really annoying.

Everyday when I arrive, I say "hi" to him with a handshake (which is a really common thing here), but this guy just reply with a sour and mad "hi". The truth is that that make me laugh when I'm there, but the thing that really annoy me is when I have to start my routine and have to make a persecution (literally) to get him.

I really try to be kind with him but he just keep being something like a smartass. I really go there to exercise trying to not be distracted so much, which means that i don't talk too much there.

It's not that I'm going there for free and because this is the only option I have at 5 minutes from my house and the only place that open early I don't know what the **** to do. ... The next month payment it's so coming.

Have you ever had this kind of experience? what would you do?
Kill him with kindness. Say, "Hi!" with a big smile and a laugh that is ambiguously between friendliness and mockery. He won't know whether you like him or whether you are mocking him. He'll ask himself: "Which is more likely?" then, "What kind of person am I?" which will put him on his guard. It'll take him down a notch. He will start being kind to you.

Aron Peterson
Senior User
Apr 25, 2007, 07:14 AM

Do pull ups, push ups and thrust squats at home.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2007, 07:52 AM

Why do you shake his hand everytime. I normally only shake hands the first time I meet someone, and that is it.
If he has adopted the Sheryl Crow method of potty training, you don't want to shake his hand.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2007, 08:37 AM

Drop the handshake. The guy is a fitness trainer, not a greeter.

Tiresias
Apr 25, 2007, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sherman Homan View Post
If he has adopted the Sheryl Crow method of potty training, you don't want to shake his hand.

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2007, 10:26 AM

toothpick:
google sheryl crow toilet paper
Here is her blog:
lSheryl Crow Saving the Planet

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2007, 11:18 AM

just don't go to the gym? problem solved.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2007, 11:39 AM

Try Yoga

Nothing like a room full of ladies to get you into form.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2007, 11:42 AM

get a bike

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

iREZ
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2007, 12:28 PM

be your own trainer
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

kernokerno  (op)
Apr 25, 2007, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post

Ignore him.
Here in mexico, everyday handshakes are very common, it's a habit just like when we meet with a girl friend, a cheek kiss it is, too.

I'm trying to ignore

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post
just go in and do your thing. I've seen to many people lose interest due to bad trainers over the years. is the trainer part of the gym fee? if so, complain to the boss about you not being able to easily getting your trainer to help you out, and why are you paying for a trainer when the one you have is unkind?

is it possible to get another trainer??

Alex

edit: am tired. It sounds like it's just that one guy there in the morning. if so, just go in and do your thing without the trainer, but if the trainer is part of your membership fees, then complain loudly, but friendly (and don't cuss )
the problem here is that the gym is a family owned business so he's his own boss there are other trainers but i don't have the time to go at evenings after work.

let's see what happen, i think I'm gonna ignore him and stay there, since it's the only option i have in the mornings

thanx a lot..

kernokerno  (op)
Apr 25, 2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by toothpick_charlie View Post
Kill him with kindness. Say, "Hi!" with a big smile and a laugh that is ambiguously between friendliness and mockery. He won't know whether you like him or whether you are mocking him. He'll ask himself: "Which is more likely?" then, "What kind of person am I?" which will put him on his guard. It'll take him down a notch. He will start being kind to you.
good idea

Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
Do pull ups, push ups and thrust squats at home.
I can't do that, i realize that i have to pay to exercise and need to feel forced , if I don't pay I just don't do anything at home

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2007, 06:48 PM

Its a trainer. You are under no obligation to use a trainer or to have one imposed upon you at a gym. He is clearly not the instructor of a class you are taking since no mention was made of that so there is no problem. If you know your routine then just go do it. This is nothing but a self manufactured problem you have chosen to impose on yourself since this guy plays no real role in your workouts.

Put on your headphones when you walk in and go work out. If that seems too complicated for you and you don't want to seem like you are ignoring him then pretend to be talking on your cell phone as you pass by. A gym is only a place to socialize if you want it to be. This guy in no way factors into the equation unless you add him in by your own doing.

There is no problem here but the one you chose to make for yourself.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Aron Peterson
Senior User
Apr 25, 2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by kernokerno View Post

I can't do that, i realize that i have to pay to exercise and need to feel forced , if I don't pay I just don't do anything at home
It only takes ten minutes!
( Last edited by Aron Peterson; Sep 28, 2014 at 07:48 AM. )
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2007, 07:23 PM

You could poop in his office or area when he isn't looking.

I'm just saying that you could.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
You could poop in his office or area when he isn't looking.

I'm just saying that you could.
Is there anything that you'd recommend he use to wash his trainer's car with?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2007, 09:49 PM

Punch him in the throat, kick him in the nads, and THEN lay some cable by his office.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

kernokerno  (op)
Apr 25, 2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post

Its a trainer. You are under no obligation to use a trainer or to have one imposed upon you at a gym. He is clearly not the instructor of a class you are taking since no mention was made of that so there is no problem. If you know your routine then just go do it. This is nothing but a self manufactured problem you have chosen to impose on yourself since this guy plays no real role in your workouts.

Put on your headphones when you walk in and go work out. If that seems too complicated for you and you don't want to seem like you are ignoring him then pretend to be talking on your cell phone as you pass by. A gym is only a place to socialize if you want it to be. This guy in no way factors into the equation unless you add him in by your own doing.

There is no problem here but the one you chose to make for yourself.
you take your nick a little too seriously.
it's not like i'm desperate about that, i mean, I DON'T CARE. The reason i did post this here was because this is actually the first time I go to a gym (since almost a year) and wanted to hear other people's opinions and wanted to see if someone in here have had an experience like that as well. that's it.

For me it's not complicated to ignore a person at all, I can do that with ease, believe me (you don't have to believe if you don't want it); and that's what i have been doing from a while, but always trying to be kind with him. i guess it didn't work and I have to go to the next stage

Thanx for posting Capt'n Obvious, your point of view is really right.

See you 'round

Atomic Rooster
Apr 25, 2007, 11:35 PM

Rip of his head and shet down his throat THEN shake his hand.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2007, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Punch him in the throat, kick him in the nads, and THEN lay some cable by his office.

We make a good team. A good team of solid counsel. We should call ourservers the "Super Counselors of Earth", or something. I just came up with that now, but we could change it if you don't like it.

Anyway, if people were smart and not losers, they would listen to us.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2007, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
Is there anything that you'd recommend he use to wash his trainer's car with?
I don't understand.

Atomic Rooster
Apr 25, 2007, 11:46 PM

I don't understand.
I think he means sulphuric acid or something.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2007, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
I think he means sulphuric acid or something.
Why would he be washing a car though?

Atomic Rooster
Apr 26, 2007, 12:01 AM

Why would he be washing a car though?
Dunno, good question. Maybe he meant pee on it?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2007, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Dunno, good question. Maybe he meant pee on it?
I notice that you want to pee on everything Atomic Rooster, what is up with that?

Tiresias
Apr 26, 2007, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sherman Homan View Post
toothpick:
google sheryl crow toilet paper
Here is her blog:
lSheryl Crow Saving the Planet
One square per rest room visit? Wtf! One square of toilet paper wouldn't stand a chance against my hairy ass after taking a dump.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by toothpick_charlie View Post
One square per rest room visit? Wtf! One square of toilet paper wouldn't stand a chance against my hairy ass after taking a dump.
This thread is nothing without pics...

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2007, 11:43 AM

We make a good team. A good team of solid counsel. We should call ourservers the "Super Counselors of Earth", or something. I just came up with that now, but we could change it if you don't like it.

Anyway, if people were smart and not losers, they would listen to us.
I'd prefer "Supreme Counsellors of the Whole Earth and Everything" -- or SCWEE. So it'd be like, "Dude, SCWEE has spoken. End of story."

And yeah, it's sad that we aren't taken more seriously.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
I'd prefer "Supreme Counsellors of the Whole Earth and Everything" -- or SCWEE. So it'd be like, "Dude, SCWEE has spoken. End of story."

And yeah, it's sad that we aren't taken more seriously.

Well, I kind of prefer "super", because "supreme" has more of a villain take-over-the-earth kind of connotation, and I see us as more super heroes, or life allies if you will.

We do need uniforms though. What color capes do you envision us wearing?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2007, 12:02 PM

MacGeek: have you fulfilled your first assignment from your life allies?

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2007, 12:09 PM

We do need uniforms though. What color capes do you envision us wearing?
Black Nike sneakers and purple armbands.

CollinG3G4
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2007, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
get a bike
That is a great idea. After getting the bike, he can block an entire lane of traffic, just like every other douche bag pretedning to be lance Armstrong on a busy street.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2007, 04:22 PM

He should also only ride during rush hour. That way more people are impressed at how awesome he looks in his spandex shorts.

Forum Links
Forum Rules