Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > my ibook won't burn cds

my ibook won't burn cds
Twosongs Ned
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2003, 07:04 PM

hi- I've had my new generation ibook for two years. I got it the summer they came out and use it specifically for itunes. I have about 5000 songs on it and use it in my dj business. Lately I've had some trouble burning cds with it . Right now it will prepare the songs but as soon as it starts to burn them a box comes up stating I have a error with the number 7932. I have tried different brands of blank cds, turning off the virtual memory, increasing the available memory and am at wits end to get this solved. I live in remote Montana and have no access to a mac center without sending it in. I use it every weekend and need to keep it with me. Also, I recently purchased a couple of prerecorded cds that won't play on the ibook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx-Twosongs Ned
"T"

NDBounce
Senior User
Jun 1, 2003, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by Twosongs Ned:
hi- I've had my new generation ibook for two years. I got it the summer they came out and use it specifically for itunes. I have about 5000 songs on it and use it in my dj business. Lately I've had some trouble burning cds with it . Right now it will prepare the songs but as soon as it starts to burn them a box comes up stating I have a error with the number 7932. I have tried different brands of blank cds, turning off the virtual memory, increasing the available memory and am at wits end to get this solved. I live in remote Montana and have no access to a mac center without sending it in. I use it every weekend and need to keep it with me. Also, I recently purchased a couple of prerecorded cds that won't play on the ibook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx-Twosongs Ned

Internal burner? External burner? And what OS are you running? What version of iTunes? Have you tried Toast (to isolate it as a CD Burner issue as opposed to an iTunes issue?

davidcarr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2003, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Twosongs Ned:
It sounds like you are using OS 9 and are having an extensions conflict. This is easy to resolve using process of elimination. I will give you more input once you confirm the OS etc...
iBook 900
640MB RAM
40 GB HD
Airport

Twosongs Ned  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2003, 12:09 AM

Originally posted by davidcarr:
It sounds like you are using OS 9 and are having an extensions conflict. This is easy to resolve using process of elimination. I will give you more input once you confirm the OS etc...

Hi - Thanx for helping me out. My ibook is 9.1 . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Doug T P.S. I'm new at this so please be patient. Thanx again
"T"

-Q-
Jun 8, 2003, 12:08 PM

It sounds like you're using iTunes or Disk Burner to make your CDs. My hunch is that you're running out of disk space on your iBook. How much do you have left?

The way the Mac OS burns disks has what I consider a limitation. A full copy of what your trying to burn has to be created as a disk image first before a burn. So you need to have a good size portion of disk space available for a burn.

Now, if you're using toast, my theory is completely out the window.

But please answer the questions posed by NDBounce (second post). That'll help us figure out your problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules