Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Must Have Games for Tiger/PPC

Must Have Games for Tiger/PPC
Penguirl
Forum Regular
Jun 27, 2009, 03:07 PM

Since Tiger and PPC are not too far from being unsupported by game developers, I want to build my collection while some titles are still available. UT2k4, NASCAR 2003, Pangea Arcade, iPoker, realMYST, Pac The Man X and iConquer are some of my favs, what are your favorite games for PPC/Tiger Macs?

Locutus27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2009, 12:52 AM

Too many to list, 4x4 Evolution, Aliens VS Predator, Army Operations, AVP2, Baldur's Gate II, Beachead2002, Black & White, Call of Duty, Command & Conquer Generals, Deimos Rising, Diablo II, Dungeon Siege, Galactic Battlegrounds, Ghost Recon, Giants, GL Tron, Halo, Jedi Knight II, Kinights, Majesty, Max Payne, Medal of Honor, Myth II, Nascar 2002, Neverwinter Nights, Oni, Otto Matic, Quake 3, Red Faction, RO, Sacrifice, Soldier of Fortune II, Spearhead, Star Wars Battlefront, Starcraft, Strategic Conquest 4.0.1, Stratego, Stronghold, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003 & 2004, The Return of the King, Warcraft 3 FrozenThrone & Reign of Chaos, Wingnuts, Wolfenstein ET, Wolverine, XIII etc...

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2009, 01:53 AM

Have you ever played AOE3?

Its a really good game and runs on ppc macs.

Civilization 4 is another good one.
MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 06:02 AM

Penguirl  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 8, 2009, 02:33 PM

Wow there's a lot more to choose from than I realized, thank you very much. As much as I enjoy UT2k4 I'd love to try UT3, but I doubt it will be PPC/Tiger compatible since it's not even available for Intel/OS X yet.

Looking forward to trying some new games.

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
Big big from me on this one. Tons of fun, and runs like a champ on my sister's old iBook G4.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

G Barnett
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2009, 06:12 PM

I'm going to put in a nod to "Giants: Citizen Kabuto" here as well. Had much fun with that game, and the deranged British humor in it is marvelous.
Life is like a clay pigeon -- sooner or later, someone is going to shoot you down and even if they miss you'll still wind up shattered and broken in the end.

Forum Links
Forum Rules