Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Please delete my account right now

Please delete my account right now (Page 3)
Kevin
Baninated
Nov 28, 2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Are you sure about that?
100% positive. I get zero complaints in my inbox cept for the occasional one. And have to clear it almost daily with posts of people agreeing with me and telling me to ignore the same 5 or 6 jerks that they too are annoyed by. Not all of them are vocal in the forum because they don't want harassed and bullied. I couldn't care less what people say about me. Sticks and Stones.

And threads like this just garner me more sympathy.
Originally Posted by paul w View Post
I have no problem with derails provided they bring something interesting into the discussion.
That and the OP doesn't mind. I rarely will report a derail. And when I do, it's usually a thread I started.
What's fun about constantly bickering with strangers on the internet. It's certainly not fun to watch.
It's also not fun to not be able to post in the lounge without someone constantly making condescending replies to anything you post about. **** flows downhill. You stop it at the source.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2007, 02:28 PM

to quote dakar: "I don't say this often, but BULLSHIT"

rr, if you haven't noticed. the only post of yours, besides the one i am responding to right now, for a long time has been in the "bam! your canceled" thread. I don't follow you around. that's some made up fantasy that you decided to seed. So if you can just get it out of your head that I follow you around, that would be great.
Thanks

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 28, 2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
100% positive. I get zero complaints in my inbox cept for the occasional one
I've committed murder zero times.

I murder people every once in a while.

Somehow these statements don't align.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2007, 02:29 PM

Kevin and Dakar.

Not that my opinion has been solicited, but you both need to spend more time realizing how cool the other actually is.

It's notable that the key traits which make you individually cool are completely absent in the other.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 02:29 PM

So since no mod has ever came up to you specifically and told you to stop derailing threads you are allowed to Dakar? Does said threads you participate in derailing that gets locked because of said derailing not tell you the mods don't want it? I never said the mods directly came to you and specifically spoke to you Dakar. They shouldn't have to. IT'S IN THE RULES AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME.
"So I'll take that as I have no instances that I claimed to have" then? I expect that if I have been breaking forum rules then I'd be getting infractions. If I started getting infractions then I'd change what I was doing. I'm pretty sure that's why the system is in place.

Well since you've already admitted to one thread above, I'll just use that.
C'mon, show me more. I dare you.

So right there is you admitting you KNOW that your actions cause threads to get locked. You are ADMITTING IT, but at the same time, you are telling me BULLSHIT and SHOW EXAMPLES. You are contradicting yourself.
If what i did yesterday was such a common occurence, you'll have plenty more examples to provide.

Do you not think locking a thread you and your buddies have derailed is complaining in public? Esp when said mods say "Stop derailing threads" and there are rules telling you to not do such a thing? They don't care what you said. It doesn't matter what you say. Believe me.
I've seen mods lock threads and say "Thread locked, don't keep doing this Charlie V" -- somehow my name doesn't come up.

Well in that case so do I. So that must mean all your complaints against me are invalid Dakar.
Must be all those PMs that fly around. I'm was talking publicly.

Or you just need to follow the rules that have been put forth. The admins and mods shouldn't have to msg you specifically to tell you what the rules are and to follow them.

Them locking threads you've admitted to having helped get locked should be hint enough.

But I assure you keep it up, and they WILL be giving you personal attention. That is if they are consistent that is.
I won't hold my breath.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by paul w View Post
Same crap, same folks involved.
Yeah, I know. My major problem seems to be lacking the self-restraint not to get into it, but I get pretty tired of getting called out for my horrible posting nature by a less-than-stellar poster.

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Kevin and Dakar.

Not that my opinion has been solicited, but you both need to spend more time realizing how cool the other actually is.

It's notable that the key traits which make you individually cool are completely absent in the other.
No, I'll listen to you, because I consider you pretty neutral on here.

---

I've got to say, I'm going to be mildly surprised if some Staff commentary doesn't get dropped on us at some point.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 28, 2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
"So I'll take that as I have no instances that I claimed to have" then? I expect that if I have been breaking forum rules then I'd be getting infractions. If I started getting infractions then I'd change what I was doing. I'm pretty sure that's why the system is in place.
Um, I just gave you an example where you admitted to taking part in getting a thread locked Dakar. Just because you didn't get an infraction doesn't mean you did right. You know in the past 2 years I've not gotten an infraction? I did get banned. But it was determined to have been bogus however. So does that mean your complaints against me are now all wrong?
C'mon, show me more. I dare you.
Why should I have to when you've already admitted to doing such a thing?

In other words, Dakar isn't doing anything wrong. It's all everyone else's fault. Regardless of him admitting to purposely getting a thread locked, since he wasn't given an infraction it was ok. Here that mods?

I'd start handing out more infractions. Obviously people don't think they are doing wrong unless they get one. Simply breaking the rules on purpose isn't wrong unless you get an infraction.

paul w
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2007, 02:35 PM

It's also not fun to not be able to post in the lounge without someone constantly making condescending replies to anything you post about. **** flows downhill. You stop it at the source.
I might simply add that it's been my observation that when you do get involved, right or wrong, it rarely ever stops at the source, but instead more often turns into a massive derail bicker fight that concerns nobody else than the few parties involved in the argument.

Why not just ignore it, or send a pm, or simply accept that you can't change things for the better. I haven't noticed any improvement despite all of your active involvement.

Instead I've seen you feeding the fire. This is not me placing blame, which I have no interest in doing, since I rarely read the content of the exchanges.

reader50
Administrator
Nov 28, 2007, 02:39 PM

This thread is getting out of hand, and way too far off topic.

The original request is under active discussion. I'm closing the thread before it reaches 5 pages of unrelated arguement; 3 pages is sufficient.

An answer will be posted here when one is reached.

reader50
Administrator
Dec 3, 2007, 06:25 PM

We have had a lively discussion about the original requests, involving 2 Admins & 5 Mods thus far. After 37 posts, we seem to have reached consensus.

It looks like the request would have been granted with some strings attached, such as after a parole period. I even suggested a "Double or Nothing" answer, where the OP gets the 1st wish, returning to the P/L. Any misbehavior against various conspiratorial parties found there would result in the 2nd wish being granted as well, for the full ban.

However, while the discussion was going on, the OP racked up a succession of Infractions & complaints. That did not help. For now, the status quo will continue. The staff's discussion has not died down as yet, and the OP is certainly free to ask again at a future time, say after building up a few months of civil posts. That could be very persuasive.

I'm reopening the thread. It's an unexpected move, which I find appealing. I'm hoping to not have to relock soon.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 3, 2007, 06:48 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I really fail to see why there is such a conflict in granting him his death wish.

Obviously, the OP racked up the infractions to further his case towards his desired outcome. So why not give in ? He is being treated as if he didn't know what he wanted.

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 4, 2007, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Obviously, the OP racked up the infractions to further his case towards his desired outcome.
I'd like to know what exact posts he got reported for. But that stuff is all kept secret. I am sure to protect those they are banning. Case they care about them that much.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 08:28 AM

I'm not sure why he wanted to be perma-banned anyways. I mean if you don't want to come back here just walk away but by the same token its ludicrous that so much discussion had to occur on that request. What's so difficult about banning him especially if he wanted it.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 10:30 AM

Why does there need to be so much discussion about someone wanting their account DELETED. Just delete his account, per HIS request, and be done with it. Trust me, MacNN wouldn't miss his posts.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
Why does there need to be so much discussion about someone wanting their account DELETED. Just delete his account, per HIS request, and be done with it. Trust me, MacNN wouldn't miss his posts.
I disagree. Deleting his account and all of the posts he has made would make a lot of threads lose context. What if someone you deemed worthy of having posts of value decided he wanted all of his posts deleted?

What about the case where someone has all of their outrageous posts deleted and they come back under a new username and claims they never said outrageous things?

I think all of the posts should stay as is, and ban the user only if their behavior warrants it. Anything else is setting this place up for inconsistency.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2007, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I disagree. Deleting his account and all of the posts he has made would make a lot of threads lose context. What if someone you deemed worthy of having posts of value decided he wanted all of his posts deleted?

What about the case where someone has all of their outrageous posts deleted and they come back under a new username and claims they never said outrageous things?

I think all of the posts should stay as is, and ban the user only if their behavior warrants it. Anything else is setting this place up for inconsistency.
I don't think the OP has asked for deletion of his posts.

All he wants is that his account is closed (i.e. locked, perma-banned).

Why that is so hard to do, only the 'NN gods know...

-t

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 03:47 PM

I don't think the OP has asked for deletion of his posts.

All he wants is that his account is closed (i.e. locked, perma-banned).

Why that is so hard to do, only the 'NN gods know...

-t
I assumed deleting an account deleted posts as well. The thread title says "deleted". My fault for assuming.

Why else would there be a difference between perma-ban and deleting an account?

reader50
Administrator
Dec 4, 2007, 05:00 PM

The request was treated as a novel way to be let back into the P/L, even after using up previous chances in years past.

As for why we didn't just ban, that is what the bad guys would do.
"You'll need to kill me to steal my car"
"Ahh, yez. Your terms are acceptable. We'll take care of that right away."
The OP didn't do anything permaban-worthy, like 50% off male improvement solutions, or "buy a dozen stolen cell phones, get 2 more free", or "PlayStation 2 3's for $99". Posting attractive female models sans clothes is Infraction material, not immediate ban material.

reader50
Administrator
Dec 4, 2007, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Mods can also do temp bans, where we set the time to expire. Usually regular-member bans get handled by Admins, but some Mods have handed out temp-bans now and then.
I think that was started as an experiment. So the admins that didn't have the time for MacNN anymore could just make it so the mods could do it for them. From what I've gathered anyhow (not saying it's teh definitive case.)
I've mentioned spammers many times while talking about ban-related stuff. That is not an accident. Most of our regulars do not realize just how badly the forums get spammed. That is what prompted the changes leading to the current system.

Previously, Mods had moderation powers in their assigned forums, and Admins could do everything else, like ban. Spam in a particular forum had to wait until one of the assigned Mods checked in, or an Admin had to deal with it. Mods typically check in 1-2 times per day, though some of us with little real lives check in far more often. Even when the local Mod did check in, all they could do is delete the spam in their own forum.

After doing that, they had to post a ban request for an Admin to check in and see. They could also send emails to the Mods of other forums, notifying them of whatever the spammer posted in the other forums. These delays allowed athletic spammers to unload 30+ spams before an Admin got the ban in place. The spammers usually ignore our cross-posting rule, and post the same message in a dozen forums, to make sure everyone has a fair chance to read it.

Most of the time, we have 1-2 (rarely 3) Admins who actively mod. The Admins were getting overwhelmed, with spam sitting around for hours. If you were in the market for male enlargement, chances are you could get competing quotes from several sources, try to get them to bid against each other for better shipping options or something. That is, if the spambots ever came back to read replies, which they never did of course.

Anyway, all Mods were made global mods a few years ago. So we could delete the spam in any forum. At least we were able to clean up those 30+ offers, instead of the 1-2 posted in our assigned forums. This wasn't a perfect answer, as spammers continued to gave us the finger. We'd delete a couple offers, they would post a couple more. Try to find out if they could post faster than we could delete. This would continue until an Admin arrived to do the ban. After which the spammer activates a backup handle registered a few weeks earlier, and keeps going. More Admin attention needed, to do the 2nd ban, and do the IP research to nail the additional backup handles.

So we moved to Mods with ban powers, and IP research access. Also, the "report post" links now post the reports for all staff members to see. No more waiting for a particular local Mod to check their email. Today, the first thing we do when we see a report (or see spam ourselves) is to ban the spammer. Then delete all the spam that one posted, regardless of forum. Followed by some basic IP/domain research.

It worked. Spam is usually gone in less than an hour, after the first staff member checks in. The spammer too. The average member only sees the occasional deal posted, before it's gone. We've even caught on to the more exotic spammer types:

• The Q&A spammer. One handle posts a question "What can I get to help my sick child?". (wait a day or two, let sympathetic people post some genuine replies) Second handle shows up "I tried AccupunctureCream, it really worked!!! And it's on sale this week!"
• The AI-chatbot. It tries to construct on-topic posts in existing threads. "That sounds nice." ... "I've heard good things about the iPhone Mini too" ... "Thanks for the nice pictures". After running up a dozen normal-but-slightly-incomprehensible posts, it has a regular-member history established. Time to post the deals it has run across.
• The Firefly/sig spammer. Register with Firefly-related names. Use a rotating DB of normal-sounding question posts (written by non-english speakers) to start threads. "Can WoW be play on a MAC?" The spam is in the sig links, which repeat from one handle to another. Their post DB isn't big enough, they post duplicates now and then. The bot code isn't good enough either, a handle is not prevented from posting the same fake-post more than once. It took me a long time to catch onto this one. Good thing they always posted from the same IP. Shiny.

The result? The spammers usually unload only 1-3 spams before they're banned. For every spammer removed, we get an average of 1 backup handle banned before posting anything. The ban-per-month count has been going up month after month; we set a new record in November with 188 bans. There couldn't have been more than 1-2 regular members in that count, even Ca$h68 has been staying away of late.

It's all about the spam. Letting Mods into the ban club produces complaint threads occasionally in Feedback, we can live with that. We're not perfect, and we can try to address any mistakes that slip through. We can even skim Kevin's 21,090 bytes of text in a single thread (quote text included), and sometimes try to answer for our numerous crimes.

Trust me, the forums would be far worse if we hadn't gone this route. You wouldn't believe how much you could save each day.

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 4, 2007, 06:27 PM

I have no problems with mods banning spammers. No problem at all.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
The request was treated as a novel way to be let back into the P/L, even after using up previous chances in years past.

As for why we didn't just ban, that is what the bad guys would do.
Oh come on, that's crazy.

You basically confirmed that you (pl., admins + mods) don't close his accont just because THAT'S WHAT HE WANTED !

Just tell him "no, you're not getting back into the PWL, and we will take you seriously for once and grant your death wish".

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 4, 2007, 07:52 PM

They wont do anything us underclass request. They have their mods/and admin powers to represent.

It's about time we are put in our places.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 07:56 PM

I feel belittled.

Cold Warrior
Dec 4, 2007, 08:28 PM

They wont do anything us underclass request. They have their mods/and admin powers to represent.

It's about time we are put in our places.
That's a bit much. I've seen lots of people ask other things of the mods and admins here, and they're usually compliant. It's just when people act like a four-year-old that demands usually get ignored. Just as they should.

I see absolutely no problem with the way this place is run.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 08:38 PM

just to go on record, I had to ask a mod or two over three times (with good time in-between requests) to have a thread of mine locked. a click or two of a mouse and it would have been done. there was no need for back and forth back and forth PMs between us. if someone asks a mod for something to be done (like locking a thread) there shouldn't be any need to ask repeatedly. a thread maker asks for their thread to be locked, well alright, lock the thread then.

/rant

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Ditto. Then again, I don't spend an inordinate amount of time here so it really doesn't affect me one way or another.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
just to go on record, I had to ask a mod or two over three times (with good time in-between requests) to have a thread of mine locked. a click or two of a mouse and it would have been done. there was no need for back and forth back and forth PMs between us. if someone asks a mod for something to be done (like locking a thread) there shouldn't be any need to ask repeatedly. a thread maker asks for their thread to be locked, well alright, lock the thread then.

/rant
So, a mod should just lock a thread because the thread starter wants it locked?!?! That's asinine. Just because a thread doesn't go your way doesn't mean you should get to demand that it be locked.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2007, 09:19 PM

So, a mod should just lock a thread because the thread starter wants it locked?!?! That's asinine. Just because a thread doesn't go your way doesn't mean you should get to demand that it be locked.
There are plenty of reasons why the request could be legit.

Why not lock a thread per request if for instance the question of the OP has been answered and the usual bunch takes it nowhere posting nonsense ?

-t

Railroader
Banned
Dec 4, 2007, 09:40 PM

There are plenty of reasons why the request could be legit.

Why not lock a thread per request if for instance the question of the OP has been answered and the usual bunch takes it nowhere posting nonsense ?

-t
I agree, but bpr was saying essentially a mod should do whatever the thread starter asks.

EDIT: Actually, sometimes although a question has been answered, new data come to light and changes the answer completely. For instance, in a thread in the networking forum some one asked about airport expresses and ext. HDs. Initially the answer was one way, but with a firmware release the answer went 100% the other way.

Originally Posted by bpr
if someone asks a mod for something to be done (like locking a thread) there shouldn't be any need to ask repeatedly.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 11:27 PM

you're putting words into my mouth. i gave a few good reasons why i wanted the thread closed in my first PM and the mod simply said no, and that they wanted to see who was going to act up I had to finally ask demonhood to lock it a couple days later. it was crap how the mod and I had to do PM after PM of him saying no, and to wait for him to get around to it.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 5, 2007, 12:26 AM

you're putting words into my mouth. i gave a few good reasons why i wanted the thread closed in my first PM and the mod simply said no, and that they wanted to see who was going to act up I had to finally ask demonhood to lock it a couple days later. it was crap how the mod and I had to do PM after PM of him saying no, and to wait for him to get around to it.
Actually, I am using the words you supplied.

See how I used the exact words you used?

EDIT: And it sounds like the mod had good reason to do what he did..

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2007, 01:10 AM

notice how i used the while replying to you?

Railroader
Banned
Dec 5, 2007, 01:24 AM

notice how i used the while replying to you?
why?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2007, 01:32 AM

01101111011010000010000001111001011011110111010100 10000001101011011011100110111101110111001000000111 01110110100001111001001000000111100101100001001000 00011010100110000101100011011010110110000101110011 01110011

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2007, 01:45 AM

I guess us upper brass players have a different sense of humor than you lower brass types. I don't understand the binary (assuming it is intended to be a joke?)

Yes yes, another thing that besson3c doesn't understand!

Railroader
Banned
Dec 5, 2007, 01:51 AM

01101111011010000010000001111001011011110111010100 10000001101011011011100110111101110111001000000111 01110110100001111001001000000111100101100001001000 00011010100110000101100011011010110110000101110011 01110011
Equals:

oh you know why ya jackass
Name calling... tsk tsk tsk.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2007, 02:10 AM

i only say what i see. or however that saying goes.
( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Dec 5, 2007 at 02:17 AM. )

OreoCookie
Dec 5, 2007, 03:49 AM

You basically confirmed that you (pl., admins + mods) don't close his accont just because THAT'S WHAT HE WANTED !
Nope, that's not exactly what PacHead wants: he wants either full access to the forums, i. e. return to the PL or have his account closed. So we offer a compromise: he can return to the PL in a few months time if he behaves well (no infractions, etc.).
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 5, 2007, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
That's a bit much. I've seen lots of people ask other things of the mods and admins here, and they're usually compliant. It's just when people act like a four-year-old that demands usually get ignored. Just as they should.

1. I was partially joking.
2. It depends on who is asking what.

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 5, 2007, 06:29 AM

Well I had asked for a thread that I had posted in the wrong forum to be moved by a moderator. It never got moved. Even requested it moved multiple times. There should have been no legitimate reason they had to not move it. It was off topic with the forum.
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Nope, that's not exactly what PacHead wants: he wants either full access to the forums, i. e. return to the PL or have his account closed. So we offer a compromise: he can return to the PL in a few months time if he behaves well (no infractions, etc.).
And certain mods that post heavily in the PL that want him to stay out of it will make sure he keeps getting infractions I am sure. Even if they are for inane reasons. No one will question them either. So really no option was given to him. He knows this too.

This was just a way to make the admin/mods look like they were doing right, without doing something they deem they were "told" to do. The latter will never happen because this forum is treated like a class system. When mods go around telling other mods "Running around like a normal member who has the ability to zap spammers isn't cutting it." there is a problem. Because that is exactly what mods are. They have no special magical ability. They are of no higher class than the regulars. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the regs, the mods wouldn't be here.

So any mod that thinks they aren't just normal members with the power to zap people actually doing wrong has delusions of grandeur IMHO. And with that, comes the inability, or refusal to be told "what to do" even if it is just a request.

No not all mods and admins fall under this. Most of them don't even pay attention to what is going on.
( Last edited by Kevin; Dec 5, 2007 at 06:39 AM. )

OreoCookie
Dec 5, 2007, 07:14 AM

And certain mods that post heavily in the PL that want him to stay out of it will make sure he keeps getting infractions I am sure. Even if they are for inane reasons. No one will question them either. So really no option was given to him. He knows this too.
Please stop with this conspiracy theory bs.

He posted nudity in the Lounge together with a post saying:
Originally Posted by PacHead
I'd like a lifetime ban to go along with my other lifetime ban which was given to me by a mod with no explanations given whatsoever more than one year ago. Just remove my account, thanks.

nude pic
I'm sure you understand if I don't include his picture.

We don't have to try hard to give him infractions for `inane reasons.' Nor do we need to find any pretexts for infractions to get him banned, if we want him banned, all we need to do is fulfil one of his two requests: ban him. Geez.

In his pms to fellow admins, he maintains, he wants back in the PL or have his account closed.

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 5, 2007, 07:30 AM

Please stop with this conspiracy theory bs.
Oh I am not saying that is what happened. I am saying that that isn't too far out of hand to really happen here Oreo. It's been shown once a mod gets a chip on his shoulder about a user, he just waits for anything to ban him or her with. This isn't conspiracy. I noticed you left out the other stuff I said out of your "conspiracy" claims because you know it's going on. AKA the class system silliness.
In his pms to fellow admins, he maintains, he wants back in the PL or have his account closed.
You don't want him back Oreo. You've made statements that made it clear you don't think he should be back. You post there a lot. You and him have argued tons. He isn't going to get back in the PL we both know this. Mods/Admins esp when they don't want something to happen, will give a user choices they can make in order to get what they want. Those choices or actions are usually impossible to perform esp when you have mods/admins just waiting for you to screw up at any moment. Even if you aren't screwing up.

Again, it would be different if those regular users that have the ability to ban people, would actually admit to wrong doing when they do them, you'd not have such accusations flying at them.

It's not like I haven't also seen what admins and mods have said behind the backs of others. Or seen how certain mods are just DYING to ban me. So lets stop with the conspiracy theories crap.

OreoCookie
Dec 5, 2007, 08:29 AM

Kevin, you make even less sense than usual: we're doing the wrong thing, because we ask someone to behave well for a few months before reconsidering to lift his ban from the PL? If -- as you claim -- this is impossible for PacHead, then this is not unfair to PacHead, but just means he isn't ready for it. And why are we just waiting to ban PacHead -- this would be the perfect opportunity to ban him if that's what we desire.

You have no idea what each of us mods/admins has said about this in our internal discussion, so you should just stop speculating about what each of us has or hasn't said. <personal opinion>I think the decision we've reached is a good and sound one, a decision I fully support.</personal opinion>

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 5, 2007, 09:16 AM

It's not speculation.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 5, 2007, 09:49 AM

Kevin, you make even less sense than usual...
Nice personal attack. I'd expect no less from you. You have insulted me enough in PMs, I expect this kind of behavior now.

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 5, 2007, 10:23 AM

You should see the stuff that gets said behind our backs. Like I said, it's treated like a class system. Some people have delusions of grandeur. And we are to do as they say, not as they do.

Lets just say, there would be a lot more people upset than there is now if the mod forum was somehow viewable by all users. The insults we get on here by them are nowhere near as bad as what they say about us in private. And no, this isn't speculation.

And when I say "they" I am not referring to the mods or admins in general. Just a few with chips on their shoulders. That obviously has let this pretend authority go to their heads.

Really, the only thing I said to Pac, or about Pac was, that they wont do anything unless it's THEIR idea. That they wont ban him etc because then that would be Pac telling them what to do. And we will have none of that. Just like when certain people have legit complaints or ideas that never come to fruition. Has nothing to do with the actual idea or request being bad. But the fact that certain people WONT be having a regular user tell them what to do. We should know our place by now. And those that don't are considered "trouble makers"

This is not speculation on my part. I know what I read.

When there is wrong doing going on, it never stays "secret" for long.
( Last edited by Kevin; Dec 5, 2007 at 10:33 AM. )

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2007, 01:38 PM

So, did Pac accept the offer ?

If not, then his account should be closed, right ?

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 5, 2007, 03:16 PM

I haven't been in the PL that much. It's gotten pretty nasty and hateful. A lot more than before I was in there. People are getting away with a lot more it seems. So I am sure Pachead is just upset that he is banned, when there are people acting just like him in there not banned. I don't think the certain people not sharing his beliefs is incidental either. To pretend we aren't human and aren't biased is a lie.

Demonhood
Administrator
Dec 5, 2007, 03:22 PM

Really, the only thing I said to Pac, or about Pac was, that they wont do anything unless it's THEIR idea. That they wont ban him etc because then that would be Pac telling them what to do. And we will have none of that. Just like when certain people have legit complaints or ideas that never come to fruition. Has nothing to do with the actual idea or request being bad. But the fact that certain people WONT be having a regular user tell them what to do. We should know our place by now. And those that don't are considered "trouble makers"

This is not speculation on my part. I know what I read.
then you read fiction.
the issue was researched (going back to figure out the original PL ban even), discussed, and a decision was made. your criticism of mods/admins having a "chip on their shoulders" is laughable. we're taking past behavior into account, as we should. we do give people second, third, even 19th chances around here, but eventually some people hit a wall. now, if you're quite finished with your "things are unfair and some of the mods are known jerks, but that's how it is" tirade, i'll be granting the OP and closing this thread.

Forum Links
Forum Rules