Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Official MacNN forums member photo directory

Official MacNN forums member photo directory (Page 30)
Y3a
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2005, 11:24 AM

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2005, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by KevinK
Go back and re-read that champ
Yes, now that you've edited it, it at least makes sense. You're wrong though, because I'm not being uptight or pissy to him at all. I explained my opinion calmly.

Still doesn't help you.
I'll explain it to you again. "Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs." Since at least some of us perceived his actions to be uptight, it was unexpected that he'd leave because this forum is too uptight.

In which you argued with him over and over again.
I've directed exactly one post to him. Try again.

YOU ARE JUST PROVING HIS POINT.
You're not making a lot of sense. "Raising" your "voice" doesn't help.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 1, 2005, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by lavar78
Yes, now that you've edited it, it at least makes sense. You're wrong though, because I'm not being uptight or pissy to him at all. I explained my opinion calmly.
No, I assure you, you are being uptight.

The uptight never realize they are being uptight i've noticed.

It's because it's the norm for them.
I'll explain it to you again. "Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs." Since at least some of us perceived his actions to be uptight, it was unexpected that he'd leave because this forum is too uptight.
Well, that is your fault for lack of perception.
I've directed exactly one post to him. Try again.
No, you directed more than 4 posts acting pissy about what he said. Before he even replied.

AND YOU ARE STILL DOING IT!
You're not making a lot of sense. "Raising" your "voice" doesn't help.
Yes I am.

You are being uptight .

You are arguing with him and me about such a petty thing, shows that he was right.

And you've just proved his point.

Like it or not.

Now, reply to this, and whine somemore about how you think he is uptight, and further prove his point.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2005, 11:49 AM

Well, that is your fault for lack of perception.
Oh, the irony...

Superman
Jul 1, 2005, 11:53 AM

You know, I thought this was over yesterday. I've said several times I'd let it drop. But the nit-picking and rehashing of this stuff is proving this place is waaaaay too uptight.

I don't see how I can be flamed and called idiot and so on and not be allowed to respond without being called uptight. Just because you responded calmly here doesnt mean you aren't being uptight about this.

I'd just assume forget about it, but you guys just keep dragging it on and on. So who is being uptight about it?

Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think?

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 1, 2005, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Superman
You know, I thought this was over yesterday. I've said several times I'd let it drop. But the nit-picking and rehashing of this stuff is proving this place is waaaaay too uptight.

I don't see how I can be flamed and called idiot and so on and not be allowed to respond without being called uptight. Just because you responded calmly here doesnt mean you aren't being uptight about this.

I'd just assume forget about it, but you guys just keep dragging it on and on. So who is being uptight about it?

Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think?

Some of these guys couldn't handle half the forums we have been at.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2005, 12:05 PM

You know, I thought this was over yesterday. I've said several times I'd let it drop.
As I said before, I have nothing against you. I do think it's funny you keep saying you'll let in drop instead of just letting it drop (and I say that with all due respect). At this point, I'm purely having fun with Zimphy.

Just because you responded calmly here doesnt mean you aren't being uptight about this.
It does by definition. I'm neither tense, angry, nor any of the other things that involve being uptight. I'm persistent because Zimphy likes to think he can shut people up and control discussion. He can't.

It's hard to have a conversation with just one person.

Superman
Jul 1, 2005, 12:24 PM

As I said before, I have nothing against you. I do think it's funny you keep saying you'll let in drop instead of just letting it drop (and I say that with all due respect). At this point, I'm purely having fun with Zimphy.
Again I dont understand. Please explain to me how you guys can respond over and over, and I cant. And if I do, Im uptight or whatever you want to call it.

You dont find that ironic? You dont think that is hypocritical?

It does by definition. I'm neither tense, angry, nor any of the other things that involve being uptight. I'm persistent because Zimphy likes to think he can shut people up and control discussion. He can't.

It's hard to have a conversation with just one person.
Im none of those things either. Just confused as to why the pots call the kettles black around here.

Ive been here for 1 day, and in that time Ive been called an idiot twice because I didnt want to share my bandwidth, and had to prove that a "free internet" actually costs people who host website. For that, Im an idiot.

Then I was told if Im going to whine about my bandwidth being eaten, I need to upgrade to a better hosting plan. Why? So I can provide an image hosting site to the world? How did I inherit this responsibility? Why not tell the cheap-os to get their own hosting plan instead of condemning me "taking my toys and going home" so to speak?

I just looked at my logs, and in June, 9.25 Gigs were used. In May it was 8.54 Gigs. April used 6.04 and March was 5.69 Gigs. Are you seeing a pattern here? I only have 14 Gigs to play with. And now that I plan on developing for IPB forums, I imagine this will go up, as developing for phpBB has doubled my traffic since I won several awards last Novemebr from www.phpBBHacks.com. At this rate, I'll have to upgrade my plan by the fall. So no, I dont want to share my bandwidth.

Then I have been told a few times that if I keep responding, they will keep responding. And if I respond, Im being uptight.

So is it because Im a n00b Im not allowed to stick up for myself, or is it because it was one of your own I had an issue with? In either case, I cant seem to figure out why I am not allowed to respond in like manner, when its quite obvious others here are, and do.

Then Kevin and II were accused of actually being Kevin/Zimphire/Superman in a completely unrelated situation concerning Kevin's banning. I didnt even know he was banned from here before. I was just snooping through threads.

So, after I said to check my IP to see I am actually my own person, I was told I'm some sort of iFriend, Kevin's lap dog here to stick up for him about his gripe with the administration. As I said, I didnt even know he was banned. And I didnt make any comments against the administration for banning him.

So what gives? In the short time Ive been here, Ive had nothing but insinuations, name-calling, and general nit-picking from most of the regulars Ive come into contact with, and Im not allowed to respond or defend myself or my actions without being called uptight.

And Im wrong in thinking this place is uptight?

As I said, Im pretty sure turtle777 and I have this behind us. He has brough it up in other threads, but I took it as friendly banter and responded likewise. Its this thread and the people compelled to share their collective 2¢ about it is what is keeping this going. OH! The irony!

So unless you can explain why I have to keep my mouth shut and watch the locals continue judge me, I will continue to reply.

And I meant that with all do respect.
( Last edited by Superman; Jul 1, 2005 at 12:44 PM. )

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 1, 2005, 12:29 PM

In case you haven't noticed, me and super have been making fun of you throughout this whole thread because you are making something petty into a BIG DEAL.

The fact you are STILL doing it proves it further. You are so uptight you can't just let it go.

If you are having fun being made fun of, hey great.

It does by definition. I'm neither tense, angry, nor any of the other things that involve being uptight.
You initial response to the whole thing was an uptight one. What are you talking about?

Scott wasn't being uptight at all. He got attacked from retarded reasons. From pissy people like you that have a chip on your shoulder.
I'm persistent because Zimphy likes to think he can shut people up and control discussion. He can't.
I don't believe any such thing! The very fact that you think that, shows how uptight you are.
( Last edited by KevinK; Jul 1, 2005 at 12:36 PM. )

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2005, 12:43 PM

Again I dont understand. Please explain to me how you guys can respond over and over, and I cant. And if I do, Im uptight or whatever you want to call it.
You really are misunderstanding. The only times I thought you were being uptight were when:

1. You posted that pr0n picture instead of blocking him or something else.
2. You got angry after you clearly explained why you were right.

As I said before, I have no problem with you at all. I'm not judging you. IMO, it's uptight to get angry if you know you're in the right (and again, I firmly believe you were).

You dont find that ironic? You dont think that is hypocritical?
No. I only said I found it funny when you said, "I've said several times I'd let it drop." That sentence is inherently amusing to me. Nothing more.

So unless you can explain why I have to keep my mouth shut and watch the locals continue judge me, I will continue to reply.
Ah, but you don't have to keep your mouth shut—I never said you did. I love discussion. It's just funny when you keep saying you're going to drop it and you don't.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 1, 2005, 12:47 PM

The only times I thought you were being uptight were when:
There was your first mistake.

Seriously, you projected uptightness to him where it did not belong.
No, he came in here in a joking manner, while getting attacked by people like you.

JUST LIKE YOU ARE DOING NOW.

So he started making fun of them, just like is going on now as well.
Ah, but you don't have to keep your mouth shut—I never said you did. I love discussion. It's just funny when you keep saying you're going to drop it and you don't.
He is trying to give you a hint.

You obviously haven't gotten it.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2005, 12:49 PM

In case you haven't noticed, me and super have been making fun of you throughout this whole thread because you are making something petty into a BIG DEAL.
I'm having more than enough fun laughing at your comments, which range from merely amusing to unintelligible.

The fact you are STILL doing it proves it further. You are so uptight you can't just let it go.
Yet another passive-aggressive attempt to shut me up. I'm not SWG, I don't care what you think, and I'll respond whenever I please.

You initial response to the whole thing was an uptight one. What are you talking about?
My initial tongue-in-cheek response ("It won't be dropped if you keep replying") was one with which Superman agreed.

Scott wasn't being uptight at all. He got attacked from retarded reasons. From pissy people like you that have a chip on your shoulder.
I attacked someone with whom I've always agreed on this subject?

Superman
Jul 1, 2005, 12:52 PM

You really are misunderstanding. The only times I thought you were being uptight were when:

1. You posted that pr0n picture instead of blocking him or something else.
1. That pr0n pic was done as a joke. I laughed when I did it. I wasnt angry at all.
2. I wouldnt say I was "angry", however, I didnt mind getting m,y digs in when I was called an idiot and had animated pictures of such calling me an idiot because I didnt want to share bandwidth for smilies. So I responded in like manner. I never took it to another level, I followed the leads of the people responding to me. That isnt anger and it isnt uptight.

As I said before, I have no problem with you at all. I'm not judging you. IMO, it's uptight to get angry if you know you're in the right (and again, I firmly believe you were).
Well thanx. I even apologized to the administration here for going over the top with that pic. It was a joke, nothing more. However, if you are insistant on calling me uptight about the whole deal and saying Ive been angry all this time because you arent catching my sarcasm or warped sense of humor, you have passed judgment on me, one I am telling you was incorrect.

No. I only said I found it funny when you said, "I've said several times I'd let it drop." That sentence is inherently amusing to me. Nothing more.

Other people have told me as much. This whole conversation is based on the irony of me being uptight because I respond to new posts. Its implied.

Yes, I'd let it drop. To be clearer, I'll get rid of the contraction used. I would let it drop.

However, if people want to continue to say stupid things (and Im not talking about you now) like "LET IT DROP!!!!" and then what follows are posts by mr. burns that berate me and call me crybaby. there is no way Im going to lert that go without a reply. And its obvious in this discussion that you wouldnt either.

If people want to keep throwing it back at me, then it cant be dropped. I think its funny you think its funny I want drop it when I am only being reactionary to the posts made about me and what happened. ,
( Last edited by Superman; Jul 1, 2005 at 12:58 PM. )

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2005, 01:02 PM

It was a joke, nothing more. However, if you are insistant on calling me uptight about the whole deal and saying Ive been angry all this time because you arent catching my sarcasm or warped sense of humor, you have passed judgment on me, one I am telling you was incorrect.
Point taken.

However, if people want to continue to say stupid things (and Im not talking about you now) like "LET IT DROP!!!!" and then follow that with 3 paragraphs that berate me, there is no way Im ggoing to lert that go without a reply. And its obvious in this discussion that you wouldnt either.
You're right. FWIW, I wouldn't call the person names though. In my experience, people resort to name-calling when they can't back up their opinions. If I think you're wrong, I'll tell you why as respectfully as I can.

I think its funny you think its funny I want drop it when I am only being reactionary to the posts made about me and what happened. ,
Touché.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 1, 2005, 01:05 PM

I'm having more than enough fun laughing at your comments, which range from merely amusing to unintelligible.
Well I am glad me making fun of you makes you laugh. That makes two of us.
Yet another passive-aggressive attempt to shut me up.
Stop being so uptight. I am not trying to shut you up.
I'm not SWG, I don't care what you think, and I'll respond whenever I please.
Who said you was SWG? So now you are uptight AND paranoid.
( Last edited by KevinK; Jul 1, 2005 at 01:21 PM. )

Superman
Jul 1, 2005, 01:07 PM

Its settled then. I win.

Demonhood
Administrator
Jul 1, 2005, 02:23 PM

(400KB wav file)

{and yes, i'm aware of the "irony" }

Forum Links
Forum Rules