Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Is MYOB just really bad?

Is MYOB just really bad?
Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2007, 05:56 PM

Does anybody have any experience using MYOB? The accounting department at my work uses it, and it is a dog. Specifically, when two people in the accounting department are using a database at the same time from two different clients, it slows down to a ridiculous crawl. Just trying to bring up a single charge involves a minute or two of pinwheeling. Does anybody know if this is normal or have any ideas to make it go faster?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Macola
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2007, 03:05 PM

I've been using it for many years, but have not used the network edition. However, I recently upgraded to v.2007 and was disappointed by how buggy it was on Intel Macs. What you're experiencing doesn't sound normal, though.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

plasmatico
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2007, 11:24 PM

I am running Peachtree 2003 on Parallels and it is fantastic. I am running it on a small network and it works great.

Forum Links
Forum Rules