Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > So how many of the right wing anti science crowd here are subscribers to this?

So how many of the right wing anti science crowd here are subscribers to this? (Page 2)
Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2008, 07:58 PM

Furthermore, I'm still at odds with the idea that anyone who doesn't believe in God will go to Hell and be subject to eternal suffering. It seems insane to me that God would send people who are generally good but who simply aren't convinced of his existence to suffer forever. Then there are the people who were raised in non-Christian faiths, some of whom aren't even aware of the very concept of Christianity. There are the people who lived and died before Christianity became widespread, thus denying them the opportunity to convert to Christianity even if they would have done so immediately given the chance.

Perhaps the greatest problem is that people on earth claim to know what God wants and how he judges people and chooses to send them to heaven or hell. Everyone seems to have a different idea. People in the same religion will differ on how they think it works. And many claim to know for sure that they're correct and those who believe in a different version are not only wrong, but are condemned themselves! I think it's pretty self centered to claim that you know better than someone else how to get to a specific part of the afterlife. That's something that only God would know, and to claim that you can make God's judgments for him is the height of pride.

EDIT: lpkmckenna already responded to your so-called evidence of God. I pretty much agree with him - you didn't so much present evidence as simply repeat some things that were written in the Bible, claims that have not (and cannot) be independently verified. But if you believe the Bible is the irrefutable truth, then there's nothing that can be said.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

peeb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
You didn't bother with checking out what I posted either. For shame.
Actually I did, although it was a total waste of time. Your trolling just isn't funny. Directing people to that kind of nonsense is, as I have said, insulting. You have not had a high school science education have you? That is not proof of the existence of God. Linking to YouTube jokes does not strengthen your case. Your claims re documentation of Jusus' life are also simply not true. But you know that, I think.
( Last edited by peeb; Jun 5, 2008 at 09:00 PM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2008, 09:12 PM

OMG, people are actually arguing with smacintush over his "proof"? This is kind of like the time I actually convinced someone that they had taken "gullible" out of the dictionary.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2008, 09:19 PM

They did?

design219
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2008, 09:19 PM

Oh, I did. You didn't bother to go through all of it. This I know because had you done so you would not be arguing any longer.
Bwaaaaaaahahahah

1. A banana fits in our hands is proof of God? That is the most whacked "proof" I've ever heard of. Why is it so hard to hold a watermelon? Man does not live by banana alone.

2. Life doesn't spring from a peanut butter jar? More "proof"!

3. Paluxy "man tracks"! Those were debunked years ago, and even most creationist don't talk about them anymore.

4. is just the stupid argument again. You can't prove God doesn't exist, so he must.

You need something stronger than some Youtube videos to prove the existence of God.

Or better yet, have your faith in God, and don't concern yourself about those of us who don't.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

design219
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2008, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by kobi View Post
At $40 a year? I'll pass.

Leave it to a Christian to find another way to fleece the flock for money.
Reminds me of this: Christvertising
Yes, I know it's a joke.
"God bless your brand"

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 5, 2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
OMG, people are actually arguing with smacintush over his "proof"? This is kind of like the time I actually convinced someone that they had taken "gullible" out of the dictionary.
Ooooo! You get extra points for that. And a bonus for invoking irony. Good show, man!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 10:26 PM

Those people will join you in eternal suffering.
"Turn or burn." The slogan of an idiot. Please tell me you're just trolling.
Quit saying there isn't unless you can provide me with contrary evidence. Oh wait, you can't because the existence of the almighty is irrefutable.
You say this because Paul said it. (Romans 1:20) But Jesus did not. Admit that you are a follower of Paul and not Jesus.
If you wanna believe that we come from monkeys then you go ahead.
We didn't come from monkeys, but from apes. Big difference. In fact, we're still apes. You're either ignorant of basic science or a troll.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Ooooo! You get extra points for that. And a bonus for invoking irony. Good show, man!
I think peeb needs that bonus as well for putting this sentence:
You have not had a high school science education have you?
In the middle of this paragraph:
Originally Posted by peeb View Post
Actually I did, although it was a total waste of time. Your trolling just isn't funny. Directing people to that kind of nonsense is, as I have said, insulting. You have not had a high school science education have you? That is not proof of the existence of God. Linking to YouTube jokes does not strengthen your case. Your claims re documentation of Jusus' life are also simply not true. But you know that, I think.

Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
4. is just the stupid argument again. You can't prove God doesn't exist, so he must.
Well you either didn't watch this video, you've been drinking, or you need a CAT scan.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
"Turn or burn." The slogan of an idiot. Please tell me you're just trolling.

You say this because Paul said it. (Romans 1:20) But Jesus did not. Admit that you are a follower of Paul and not Jesus.

We didn't come from monkeys, but from apes. Big difference. In fact, we're still apes. You're either ignorant of basic science or a troll.
Keep piling it on…c'mon I can take it!

NZFL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2008, 10:36 PM

Jesus was a Black man. As soon as you right winged fascist christians realize that the sooner you will notice other fundamental flaws in Christianity. I'ts all a load of Bollox, and as to Rapture, ra ra ra.............
There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 10:45 PM

Keep piling it on…c'mon I can take it!
Verdict: Troll.

Atomic Rooster
Jun 6, 2008, 12:31 AM

The fact that a penis fits perfectly in a vagina and a female's mouth is good enough for me. Forget the freakin' bananaramadingdong.

Who else but Thee God would be so good to us. And the orgasm is the icing.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
The fact that a penis fits perfectly in a vagina and a female's mouth is good enough for me. Forget the freakin' bananaramadingdong.
The presence of teeth is proof of the un-holiness of oral copulation.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 12:52 AM

Verdict: Troll.
Mmm…not on purpose. I couldn't help myself.

I have never been "secretive" or even a little vague about my atheism and my decidedly negative view of Christianity. I made my post in jest and I thought it was significantly over-the-top as to be an obvious joke. When I got seemingly serious responses I couldn't help but continue on hoping someone would get it. (c'mon, did anyone really think that the guy in video 4 was serious?)

I apologize to anyone whom I offended.

Well…except for the Christians. And peeb.

peeb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 12:57 AM

I'm sorry - while I got that you were trolling, I was unable to distinguish the nonsense you were spewing on this from the nonsense you spew elsewhere. Wait - are all you posts trolls? OK, I get it now. Sorry!
( Last edited by peeb; Jun 6, 2008 at 01:17 AM. )

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 01:09 AM

(c'mon, did anyone really think that the guy in video 4 was serious?)
I didn't watch the videos. I don't think anyone did.

BTW, the whole thing looked like a cut'n'paste from somewhere like Tektonic. Was it?

Also, great Kevin impression.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by peeb View Post
I'm sorry - while I got that you were trolling, I was unable to distinguish the nonsense you were spewing on this from the nonsense you spew elsewhere. Wait - are all you posts trolls? OK, I get it now. Sorry!
Apology accepted.

It's ok that you didn't get it. I never expected you to.

Atomic Rooster
Jun 6, 2008, 01:20 AM

I watched the first one about the banana. That was enough. I knew then and I had an epiphany. It has changed my life forever. I'm now committed to the welfare of the banana.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 01:21 AM

The last one is seriously funny.

BTW, the whole thing looked like a cut'n'paste from somewhere like Tektonic. Was it?
Scientific Proof Of God

Also, great Kevin impression.
Thanks.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 6, 2008, 01:33 AM

Lockvolution.

Forum Links
Forum Rules