Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > The official Mac App Store games thread

The official Mac App Store games thread
lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2011, 08:13 PM

Just a place to note the new releases and pricing changes at the Mac App Store.

Just saw two new things:

Knights of the Old Republic has dropped from $20 to $10.
Call of Duty 4 have dropped from $50 to $25.

Something that is annoying me: if you buy a game in the MAS, you can no longer see how it is being priced. For instance, I bought Borderlands from the store (for $50 I think) but I can't see the pricing now, I just see "Installed." So I can't see if a game I liked has dropped in price so I can recommend it to a friend. Stupid.

lpkmckenna  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2011, 08:20 PM

Apple Insider: Aperture 3 disappears from the App Store. There might be an update coming.

Maybe I should have named this the App Store thread and put it in the lounge? Mods?

lpkmckenna  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2011, 08:28 PM

How's this for strange: Secret of Monkey Island has been swinging back and forth from $10 to $5 since it's introduction. See at AppShopper, a site I just discovered.

EDIT: it appears that Aspyr plays with the prices constantly. KOTOR and CoD4 are already back to $20 and $50 respectively. Looking at the AppShopper dates, the price is always cut in half on a Sunday or Monday and raised back the next day.

Speaking of KOTOR, the App Store system requirements have been jacked sky-high, with neither Intel nor NVidia integrated GPUs supported, even though the comments include several people saying it runs just fine on those systems. I can't believe a game from 2003 can't play on a recent iGPU.
( Last edited by lpkmckenna; Mar 22, 2011 at 02:55 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules