Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > imac intels, adjustable height?

imac intels, adjustable height?
PB2K
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2008, 08:44 AM

Hey, i was wondering for a way to adjust the height of my iMac Intel 20". It can tilt, but can't go up or down.

Because of workplace regulations it HAS to be able to go up or down, and this regulations demand it has to operate smoothly (so no stacks of paper underneath it), are there any third party solutions ?

edit ; done some research : the ilift seems quite expensive 335 US$

( Last edited by PB2K; Jul 23, 2008 at 08:55 AM. )
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

P
Jul 23, 2008, 10:07 AM

What you want is a VESA mount monitor arm - the iLift is one such arm, but there are many others. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't sell an adapter kit for the 20"er (only for the 24"er), so you'll also need an adapter kit from someone else. This is one such place I found. Newegg's Monitor's Accessories page offers lots of examples of monitor arms from about $50.

PB2K  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2008, 11:13 AM

Thanks, P, I like the idea, this way the imac doesn't get damaged and you can use the original stand as a place to put a keyboard on.

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2008, 11:25 AM

Still doesn't provide a way to move the iMac *down* though, below it's original position. I've been wanting to do this for a long time with my own setup.

PB2K  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2008, 12:30 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules