Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What's your favorite dinosaur?

What's your favorite dinosaur?
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Dec 5, 2020, 03:18 PM

Mine is the T-Rex.

andi*pandi
Dec 5, 2020, 05:12 PM

Stegosaurus.

Thorzdad
Dec 5, 2020, 06:02 PM

Gotta love the steg, too.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Dec 6, 2020, 01:21 AM

Song sparrow.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2020, 01:02 PM

No points for Lam stealing the painfully obvious pick.

Having said that, I’d have to go with the next-obvious choice: it’s hard to beat Triceratops. If rhinos are incredibly cool—and they are—then Triceratops is like a rhino with all of the steroids. A tank with huge horns! I mean come on.

Isn’t Steg the one with the super tiny brain? Like the size of a golf ball or something? I cannot support that.

The real answer here is of course Utahraptor. It’s unfortunate they decided to forever limit its sex appeal with the name association.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Dec 6, 2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
The real answer here is of course Utahraptor. It’s unfortunate they decided to forever limit its sex appeal with the name association.
Close but no prehistoric Banana. The actual answer is of course Deinonychus because a) cool name b) awesome claws and c) Dino hall of fame creds stolen when Jurassic Park decided to upscale Velociraptors because they had a cooler name. The Raptors in JP are much closer to Deinonychus that actual Velociraptors and d) Name translates as "Terrible Claw" which is as point a) mentioned a cool name.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Dec 6, 2020, 02:32 PM

To be fair the actual answer is all dinosaurs. I always tell my students at college that whenever they have a problem the answer is always dinosaurs and if their problem is dinosaurs then the answer is more dinosaurs.

By this point in the term they all know that whenever we have a quiz on any computing subject there will always be dinosaur questions to relieve the monotony.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2020, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Doc HM View Post
Close but no prehistoric Banana. The actual answer is of course Deinonychus because a) cool name b) awesome claws and c) Dino hall of fame creds stolen when Jurassic Park decided to upscale Velociraptors because they had a cooler name. The Raptors in JP are much closer to Deinonychus that actual Velociraptors and d) Name translates as "Terrible Claw" which is as point a) mentioned a cool name.
I mean...you owned yourself hard on this one.

Look up Utahraptor. It’s basically a bigger, badder version of Deinonychus. Think Way More Terrible Claw.

Keep the change, ya filthy animal!
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Forum Links
Forum Rules