Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 51)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 10, 2010, 02:43 PM

^ Who is this guy?

Edit: BWAHAHA, new page

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2010, 03:03 PM

Oh noes! We're 6 pages away from overtaking the Halo thread.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 10, 2010, 03:05 PM

Meh, its all but ground to halt the past 5. I don't think we'll make it (and if we do, the Halo thread will start growing again at the Reach release).

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 10, 2010, 03:18 PM

I hate that I missed out on some good sessions, but I've gotta say that I'm absolutely loving Carnival. I wish the map had been included from day one.

Not sure about Trailer Park though, and I'm definitely sure I hate Vacant.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 10, 2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I hate that I missed out on some good sessions, but I've gotta say that I'm absolutely loving Carnival. I wish the map had been included from day one.

Not sure about Trailer Park though, and I'm definitely sure I hate Vacant.
Haha, totally sympathize with you on Vacant. What's your set-up on there?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 10, 2010, 03:34 PM

I've only played it twice.

The first time (Demolition), I was using my FAMAS/SPAS-12 loadout with stopping power pro, then switched to SCAR-H/Grenade Launcher because every member on the other team was noob-tubing us to death. Absolute chaos.

The second time I knew how close-quarters most of the map is, so I went with my SMG class (UMP/AA-12). I had a lot more success with it, especially when switched to the AA-12.

I'm still tinkering with all of my loadouts upon returning to the game. I'm about to go after some challenges to rank up.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 10, 2010, 03:50 PM

Yeah, the second choice is much, much better. ALternatively, I've found [Insert AR of choice] with a HBS works a little too well. With claymores, of course.

Speaking of the AA-12, I think I might ditch the extended mags. Not finding it to be that useful in comparison to the grip. At one point I blew through all (or close to) 16 rounds in two secs pre-firing on a guy I never did quite find. It did score me a few head shots without the grip, though.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2010, 03:56 PM

Trailer Park & Vacant play pretty similarly, for me at least.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Did this last longer or shorter than CoD4?
I only did 12 or 13 days worth of CoD4.

Personally, I'm still having a ton of fun. I may not get Mastery on everything like I planned, but I just don't care. I still unlocked a few titles last night.
I won't get all challenges - ever. I do get new titles every now and again, but my only goal is to rank up as fast as possible. Sad really.

I have a feeling that its network performance frustration mixed in with how I play and the group that I play with. I used to play with a few guys as a team, good comms, holding an area, moving together. They left the clan. Now its rare that I play in such an 'organized' lobby, there are other good players but its less tactical. Maybe I miss that to make it enjoyable.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 11, 2010, 10:35 AM

Unexpected rocket multi-kills make me giddy.

---

I decided to play a few more games after you guys logged last night. Ended up getting 6(!) Blast Shield survivals (now at 49/50...) and find and kills some boosters on Fuel.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 11, 2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
The second time I knew how close-quarters most of the map is, so I went with my SMG class (UMP/AA-12). I had a lot more success with it, especially when switched to the AA-12.
That's pretty much the setup I use for vacant. I'm using Vectors for my SMG class this prestige.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 14, 2010, 10:52 AM

Weekend notes

• Putting SP on an unsilenced sniper = easy button

• Started on Scrambler Saturday; Up to 50 kills already. While frustrating, nothing will make you feel more satisfied than tying on a 2.0 k/d with this handicap on.

• Trailer Park: Tired of it. Partly thanks to forcing it with DC, partly thanks to how bad the spawning is; Carnival: Tired of it. Feels like Estate or Derail, in that each game unfold nearly the same.

• Bailout and Salvage: I miss them. On the plus side, not seeing much of Crash or Overgrown, either

• Fuel: Caught someone doing the rock glitch. Otherwise, the timing of this map is great. If I can get a mile w/lightweight each time this maps comes up I'll be done with it in no time.

• Lightweight: Speaking of which, almost at 100.

• M1014 - Unlocked Extended Mags. Oh yes. Oh **** yes.

• Raffica - **** yes. I forgot how bad ass this thing is.

• M16 - 250 Headshots complete.

On a side note, Euthyphro just completed 500 headshots with the RPD. I'm jealous, even though I managed to score 300 without using it my last 4 or 5 Prestiges, and limited to only a few maps. Seriously thinking about ditching the M240 (over 1000 kills from Vet III anyway) just to see how far I get on that thing again. (It being better than the M240 wouldn't hurt, either)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 14, 2010, 11:47 AM

I don't know how I never posted this on here before.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2010, 05:03 PM

I spent the weekend frolicking, I'll be on tonight.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 16, 2010, 10:22 AM

Posting for posterity's sake: New personal record for an "0" game.

Went 25-0 on Fuel last night (which was over half my team's points, sadly), including avoiding some dude sniping from inside one the rocks.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2010, 01:46 PM

So is it true that Infinity Ward will no longer fix glitches on MM2 from here on out? Will we be stuck with these rock glitch assholes forever?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 16, 2010, 01:51 PM

That was the word before the rock glitches, but I find hard to believe they won't address serious exploits like that.

If it is true, I wouldn't wonder if its connected to the fact that the studio is seriously gutted right now.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2010, 03:18 PM

Considering the size of the CoD community and the price of that latest DLC, you'd think they would fix any bugs in it. But then again, maybe "they took the money and ran".
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 18, 2010, 03:22 PM

So, apparently the VIP section has been finally opened. It contains... three songs from the soundtrack. That I d/led when they came out a few weeks ago. That's it (according to the forums).

They should have held an E3 presser for this.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 18, 2010, 03:35 PM

Edit: Oh yeah, our first confirmed experience with wall-hackers/modders. Four of them. And they still lose. ****in' big kudos to us on that one.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 04:18 PM

I can only assume IW doesn't want to make the damned website to begin with, and are probably going to wait until people lose interest in MW2 so they'll never have to release the fully-fledged site.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2010, 04:51 PM

What good would the site do at this point anyway? It would only serve to make you feel inferior to me

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 04:58 PM

Inferior in the following categories:

Most time spent prone
Hours scoped in
Most ghost stories told.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2010, 05:02 PM

You forgot:

Most S'mores made
Most tents pitched
Most kills stolen from Fatty's

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 05:03 PM

Most time spent sleeping with Fatty's balls on chin

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2010, 05:53 PM

When did we start talking about Dakar?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 20, 2010, 05:11 AM

Edit: Oh yeah, our first confirmed experience with wall-hackers/modders. Four of them. And they still lose. ****in' big kudos to us on that one.
Let me know more. I thought that this sort of stuff wasn't possible on the Xbox.

============

I'm back into s&d after muting all the pricks in the lobby. Amazing that s&d seems to attract so many, tdm is so calm compared to the 'get good you hard scoping noob' that one hears every few mins.

Got OMA and Danger Close back - TWAT class is back on. Thats why having all those slots is so good, you can have some permanent stuff 'just in case'. My one other permanent class is a Heli Killer with Stinger and silenced RPD.

A silenced Barrett on Fuel playing HC TDM will ensure a very score picking off wanna-be rock glitchers.

If Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch ever decide on using Scrapyard as a map in a future game, I will be visiting their HQ with lots of petrol. What a POS map that is - for every gametype.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2010, 10:24 AM

Weekend notes

• Lightweight Pro V (100 miles) completed
• Scrambler Pro V (125 kills) completed)
• TAR - 1000 kills

Other points of interest:

- We officially had a "using the grass is cheating" moment from a team complaining about a GWK on Estate (and I don't think Subie was in a ghillie suit)
- I switched to the UMP on my Scrambler class and can't believe I didn't think of this to begin with

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Let me know more. I thought that this sort of stuff wasn't possible on the Xbox.
Google "JTAG"

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2010, 11:22 AM

- We officially had a "using the grass is cheating" moment from a team complaining about a GWK on Estate (and I don't think Subie was in a ghillie suit)
I believe the official complaint was "hiding in the grass." The funny thing about it was... it wasn't even tall grass. He was prone near the path leading to the house from boat house. And you're right, I don't believe Subie was wearing a Ghillie suite.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2010, 03:39 PM

The old crouching-in-ankle-high-grass trick, works every time.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 22, 2010, 10:18 AM

So, while I doubt that this will interest many of us, IW debuted a new fan requested playlist entitled Barebones Pro. Fans requested a playlist with no killstreaks, perks, or attachments, so IW gave them a playlist with no killstreaks.

Also, in retrospect, my martyrdom GWK from last night is twice as hilarious because Vacant was notorious for people abusing using that perk (particularly on that map) in CoD4 (Which is probably what i was thinking when I equipped it on that class in the first place).

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2010, 12:06 PM

I would have thought that the most requested playlist would be one with no noob tubes. Man I had one game on Sunday (Sunday was such a bad MW2 gaming day I went over to Bioshock 2 single-player) where again, the whole opposing team was using only noob tubes.

I guess they couldn't make one specific to that attachment, so they said no attachments at all.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I guess they couldn't make one specific to that attachment, so they said no attachments at all.
Except they didn't, the only thing absent from this game mode are kill-streaks.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2010, 04:51 PM

Duh... I didn't read his email carefully enough.

Ok. A playlist withoult killstreaks only. Interesting. Some days I've seen that on the regular playlists, without that limitation.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2010, 05:39 PM

I get all my kills with kill-streaks, if I can help it. So, no thanks to that playlist.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 PM

I'll be on tonight.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 28, 2010, 10:31 AM

Week Notes

• Steady Aim - Complete
• Scrambler - Complete (oh thankyou thankyou thankyou)
• Danger Close & Hardline - Complete
• 1000 UAV/CUAV/EMP Complete

• If you are sniping and come upon another sniper you must quickscope. Not doing so (and knifing instead) is breaking the rules of the International Brotherhood of Snipers, and will result in an immediate challenge to a 1v1, regardless of the fact that you are playing Team Deathmatch.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2010, 11:57 AM

Also, challenge must be accepted regardless of the challenger going 5-22.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2010, 09:42 PM

What if I no-scope?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by the final dakar View Post
1000 uav/cuav/emp complete
how many emps ?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 02:55 PM

Had some fun with the riot shield last night. Skidrow was probably the right place for it, but kavvika got quite a few kills off me regardless.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2010, 04:12 PM

Any word on if there's going to be any double xp this weekend? If not, I'll probably be on Gears 2 finishing off a few achievements.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 04:13 PM

Only on PC & PS3 for the maps, I imagine.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2010, 04:19 PM

Had some fun with the riot shield last night. Skidrow was probably the right place for it, but kavvika got quite a few kills off me regardless.
That was fun that's the kind of gameplay I was hoping for when I saw the riot shield. I think the problem is no one wants to play wingman all the time. Maybe if there was a chance of deflecting the bullets back at the person shooting at you it would get more use.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 04:24 PM

I'd be using it more, but I don't have a spare class.I think between playing with E13, Subie, and Crosbie I could probably get away with replacing my anti-air class with a Riot Shield one for the time being.

Edit: That said my guess is those guy weren't very good. To me, a hallmark of the pro players is they don't even bother shooting you when they see a riot shield.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 10:46 PM

Edit: That said my guess is those guy weren't very good. To me, a hallmark of the pro players is they don't even bother shooting you when they see a riot shield.
A pro gets a teammate to double team the riot shield. That, an explosion, or a knifing usually gets a riot shield. The riot shield makes a good distraction, and when you switch to it the element of surprise will get a few.

But I had a lot of fun with the riot shield. Using a riot shield you can also distract harriers and helicopters instead of shooting them down, keeping them off your teammates.
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2010, 11:31 PM

Finally gone done setting up my buddy's home theater today so I brought over the 360 for some 92" MW2.

Zooming in with the sniper scope and having it be 3 feet in diameter was downright amazing.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2010, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Zooming in with the sniper scope and having it be 3 feet in diameter was downright amazing.
It would be the biggest embarrassment if you missed a sniper shot with a scope diameter that big. Wonder what the sway is like on that. A foot? 6 inches?
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2010, 04:06 AM

Last night I quit playing due to boredom. For some reason Fuel was coming up every other map. And of course the glitchers went at it. I must admit to trying to get into the rock, but never suceeded.

21 days to get to 9th. About average I guess.

Forum Links
Forum Rules