Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Keyboard navigation between tables and fields

Keyboard navigation between tables and fields
Brass
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2004, 11:33 PM

Could anyone help me figure out how to implement keyboard navigation so that the user's focus and keyboard actions move from a field to a table to a second table and back to the field by pressing the TAB key several times (and in reverse by pressing SHIFT-TAB)?

I thought that I ought to be able to do this using "nextKeyView" in Interface Builder, but it doesn't seem to work in this case (I've used it successfully to navigate through fields, but not through tables).

Note that the tables are each in different parts of a split view, and the field is in a toolbar.

I've set the nextKeyView sequence of outlets in Interface Builder, and for good measure, I've also coded nextKeyView for the field when it gets added to the toolbar. But it does not work when I press TAB.
( Last edited by Brass; Feb 4, 2004 at 09:08 PM. )

Brass  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2004, 09:09 PM

On further investigation, the problem appears to be navigating beween the toolbar and the content view.

Does anyone know how to navigate from a text field in the toolbar to a table in the content view of the same window using the TAB key?

Brass  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 8, 2004, 06:10 PM

Come on... surely someone knows how to TAB from a toolbar field to a content view object (eg, table)???

Is it really impossible?

Forum Links
Forum Rules