Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Won't wake up and is burning hot! (10.3.3)

Won't wake up and is burning hot! (10.3.3)
pippiwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 04:01 AM

i put my computer to sleep this morning, went to school, came back 11 hours later. the sleep light is off and not pulsating. the computer won't wake up, and it is burning so hot that i can barely keep my hand on it for long periods of time. i've had problems waking up before, but never this intense heat issue. i just upgraded to 10.3.3 today. wtf? this computer has given me nothing but headaches since getting it a month ago. are there any resetting things i can do to try to alleviate these issues?

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2004, 05:01 AM

Originally posted by pippiwong:
i put my computer to sleep this morning, went to school, came back 11 hours later. the sleep light is off and not pulsating. the computer won't wake up, and it is burning so hot that i can barely keep my hand on it for long periods of time. i've had problems waking up before, but never this intense heat issue. i just upgraded to 10.3.3 today. wtf? this computer has given me nothing but headaches since getting it a month ago. are there any resetting things i can do to try to alleviate these issues?
was the screen off or just dimmed ?
how did you solve it ? reboot ? slepp/wakeup ?

I may have the same issue here

KidKit
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2004, 05:02 AM

sounds pretty intense... what hardware accessories have you got attached? 3rd party memory upgrade? Do you have any system hacks or modifications? one of those could be causing a problem with PB sleeping.

wallaper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 11:56 AM

I have had this happen twice with my 15 inch AL since i upgraded to 10.3.3.
Last night I put it to sleep before going to bed, when I went to wake it up in the morning it was very hot and would not wake. I had to restart it and then everything was ok. Other then ram it is completly stock and nothing was hooked up to it other then the power cord.

Wallaper
www.sellyourmac.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules