Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I got my Wacom 6x11 Intuos3 tablet today

I got my Wacom 6x11 Intuos3 tablet today
Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2006, 04:59 PM

I've been waiting for this thing to arrive for a week now and boy was it worth the wait! After installing the drivers and photoshop plugins I've been tweaking out the tablet and it's working perfect. The 6x11 is a great match for my widescreen Viewsonic monitor and the brushes work great in photoshop with it.

I can't wait to try it out in Final Cut Express HD... which I'll be buying soon, (My original FCE v1.o no longer works in OS X 10.4.7 for some strange reason)

I'm also hoping to save up some money for the air brush pen as well (about $90). Watch out Kevin Hulsey!

hickey
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2006, 05:12 PM

pics pics pics please.

Tyre MacAdmin  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2006, 05:33 PM

Man. I've got no way to show you mine today. But here is the picture of it from the Wacom site:

That's the the 6x11.

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/6x11.cfm

It comes with a lot of great software but right now I'm just using the Photoshop plugin's for the brushes with PS CS.

Here's thier flash tour:
http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/i3_tour.cfm

A lot of production houses use these tablets with highend apps like Autodesk Inferno/Smoke/Flame... etc I'm hoping to use it in the same way with Final Cut.

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2006, 10:11 PM

How do you plan to use it with FCP? I just use mine for still stuff, but I've wondered if anyone's found a good way to use it with Final Cut.

"I start fires!"

Tyre MacAdmin  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2006, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by MaxPower2k3
How do you plan to use it with FCP? I just use mine for still stuff, but I've wondered if anyone's found a good way to use it with Final Cut.
Well here's the deal. I have always wanted to learn the Discreet (now Autodesk) line of products which all use a Wacom tablet as the main interface tool. It is my opnion that many of the other products on the market will fallow suit and start using a tablet as the perfered imput method. There are those who already use Final Cut with the tablet, of course, and I'll be looking for how they are using it. I think that it might be a better more intuitive way of working with that interface... especially with the compositing side of things and working with the time line.

I think a tablet could easily work well with the entire Apple line... Shake, Motion.. etc

Forum Links
Forum Rules