Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hangin', chillin'

Hangin', chillin' (Page 3)
andi*pandi
Jan 20, 2006, 11:24 AM

before this is sidetracked any further, after seeing the heat miser thing and laughing, I went looking for funnay in that 200page martial arts thread. After 10 pages I had to give up. Those are some hateful SOBs--to gays, men, women, small fuzzy creatures, oxygen.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 20, 2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by festeringwounds
Many meaning you, and possibly Kilbey. I can live with that.
I do not, and I cannot speak for Rail. But if you think that only a handful of people think you are a redneck Rob, you are in for a big suprise.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2006, 12:18 PM

It doesn't matter what Rob's official character label is, IMHO. The question is, why does he feel he has the right to post here on MacNN after being banned several times?

Answer: he doesn't. I think the best thing we can do is to press this issue with him, or simply ignore him altogether.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
I do not, and I cannot speak for Rail. But if you think that only a handful of people think you are a redneck Rob, you are in for a big suprise.
Rob is me, 5 years ago
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2006, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Athens
Rob is me, 5 years ago
Straight?

"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2006, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
before this is sidetracked any further, after seeing the heat miser thing and laughing, I went looking for funnay in that 200page martial arts thread. After 10 pages I had to give up. Those are some hateful SOBs--to gays, men, women, small fuzzy creatures, oxygen.
No kidding. I would like to see what the posters look like. They must be incredibly nerdy and white trashy that is why they are so damn ANGRY at reasonably attractive guys.

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by cjrivera
Straight?

ya I was straight then too

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2006, 12:47 PM

ya I was straight then too
What made you switch to the pink side ?

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 20, 2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Leia's Left Bun
No kidding. I would like to see what the posters look like. They must be incredibly nerdy and white trashy that is why they are so damn ANGRY at reasonably attractive guys.
Anger and hostility was going on both sides. And they weren't making fun of them for them being attractive.

And your slurs are just as bad as theirs.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi

Yeah, the funny is mostly in the pictures. But there were a few gems if you could stomach the rest.

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2006, 02:39 PM

Rob is me, 5 years ago
Wow, Rob's destiny is to turn gay? What an intriguing plot. Can't wait to be here at MacNN in 5 years

-t

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 20, 2006, 03:19 PM

Actually not. But hey, you believe of a lot of silly untrue things. Conduct a poll if you'd like.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 20, 2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
It doesn't matter what Rob's official character label is, IMHO. The question is, why does he feel he has the right to post here on MacNN after being banned several times?

Answer: he doesn't. I think the best thing we can do is to press this issue with him, or simply ignore him altogether.
The real question is, why do you feel the need to perpetually ask me the same question again and again when I've answered it over 10 times. Are you hoping for a different answer? Wishing doesn't make it so. But yeah, knock yourself out. Ignore me. Please. I beg you. You add nothing to this forum and your crush on me is getting annoying.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2006, 04:39 PM

But yeah, knock yourself out. Ignore me. Please. I beg you. You add nothing to this forum and your crush on me is getting annoying.
It doesn't work, some people here have really unhealthy attractions/addictions to other members here. Strangely enough it is usually the friendless, unattractive, rednecks (that is not directed towards besson3c by the way).

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2006, 04:49 PM

Some people just have really unhealthy attraction/addictions to bulletin boards.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by boots
Some people just have really unhealthy attraction/addictions to bulletin boards.
No kidding. It is called being a big shot behind your computer screen, socially retarded, bored, lonely etc. They prob live in the sticks and don't deal with other people in real life much. GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!

Railroader
Banned
Jan 20, 2006, 05:42 PM

Nope. I just do that because he keeps inflating everything he remembers about me and constantly trys to portray me in a negative manner, like hte good christian man he is.
Actually, I down play most of the stories. Maybe you could show us where you posted the story about the time you licked the throwing knives for us.

Or the time you videotaped yourself speeding around in a urban area.

Or the time you flipped off the parking attendant for having to drive an SUV on his job.

Or the time you threw a lit cigarette but into a store or something...

Or the sign you personally made and flash at people who don't use their turn signals.

Or the dreams you have about flipping off H2 drivers after they have driven past you and have no idea you are flipping them off.

Or the time you photoshopped a photo of my newborn daughter.

Do you see a trend?

andi*pandi
Jan 20, 2006, 05:45 PM

can we get back to making fun of other forums now? Or take it to feedback.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2006, 05:45 PM

Why in the world is ANYONE so obsessed with Cash? I mean really, you guys need meds.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 20, 2006, 06:10 PM

Why in the world is ANYONE so obsessed with Cash? I mean really, you guys need meds.
Why are you so obsessed with Christianity?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Why are you so obsessed with Christianity?
I think he needs meds...

-t

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2006, 08:46 PM

this is getting good

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 20, 2006, 11:45 PM

Actually not. But hey, you believe of a lot of silly untrue things.
No, I believe in ideas. Just like you. But you like to call them facts. Even when they aren't.
Conduct a poll if you'd like.
Don't have to, go do a search in all the threads of people calling you one.

I am not saying you are Rob. I am just showing depending on whos point of you, you are the redneck.

Don't like it do you? Obviously not.
It doesn't work, some people here have really unhealthy attractions/addictions to other members here. Strangely enough it is usually the friendless, unattractive, rednecks (that is not directed towards besson3c by the way).
SWG are you calling yourself a friendless unacttactive redneck? Because you one of the biggest fanboys in this forum.

If it has to do with Americans or Christians, you are all over it making snide hateful redneck like comments.

What you are doing RIGHT NOW in this thread, is NO better than what those loser on that forum did.

Do you not see that?
( Last edited by Kevin; Jan 21, 2006 at 12:42 PM. )

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2006, 11:34 AM

Someone get the marshmallows....I'll bring the graham crackers a hershey bars. We's gunna make some smores once trogdor shows up!

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 05:48 PM

I am not saying you are Rob. I am just showing depending on whos point of you, you are the redneck.
Who thinks I am a redneck? Please come forward. I'm living downtown in America's 17th largest city in the hippest part of it all, I go to school for design, and I have 2 campus jobs. I spend the majority of my time doing homework, listening to electronic music or funk, I have a mac not a PC, I'm into video editing, and my car is a subaru.

Seems to me rednecks usually live in the middle of nowhere, have pickup trucks, and listen to country, and don't have a higher education. I look forward to your response on what you view as a redneck is. Seems to me the only people who'd call me a redneck are losers on an internet forum who'd like to put me down because they feel sad about their lives.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by boots
Someone get the marshmallows....I'll bring the graham crackers a hershey bars. We's gunna make some smores once trogdor shows up!

I'm going to forego your hershey bars and bring my own semi-sweet baker's chocolate.

Mmm. Taste the bitterness.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 06:17 PM

Who thinks I am a redneck? Please come forward. I'm living downtown in America's 17th largest city in the hippest part of it all, I go to school for design, and I have 2 campus jobs. I spend the majority of my time doing homework, listening to electronic music or funk, I have a mac not a PC, I'm into video editing, and my car is a subaru.

Seems to me rednecks usually live in the middle of nowhere, have pickup trucks, and listen to country, and don't have a higher education. I look forward to your response on what you view as a redneck is. Seems to me the only people who'd call me a redneck are losers on an internet forum who'd like to put me down because they feel sad about their lives.
ya your pretty gay lol

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2006, 06:23 PM

hahaha...who are you trying to convince us or yourself???

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 06:45 PM

ya your pretty gay lol
Pretty much. I'm way more metrosexual than redneck...

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artful Dodger
hahaha...who are you trying to convince us or yourself???
ahahahahaha nobody. I'm just saying that rednecks usually have trucks, listen to country, and live in small towns. I live in a city, in the coolest artsiest area, and go to design school. Doesn't seem very redneckish to me. If you feel that I'm a redneck, please back it up with your reasoning. I'd be interested to know why.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 07:04 PM

Pretty much. I'm way more metrosexual than redneck...
Ok. Let's settle for metrosexual redneck ! That's what you are ?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 07:12 PM

Rob isn't a redneck!

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck
Ok. Let's settle for metrosexual redneck ! That's what you are ?
Um. Okay, that makes about as much sense as a blackish white. How am I a redneck?

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2006, 07:36 PM

ahahahahaha nobody. I'm just saying that rednecks usually have trucks, listen to country, and live in small towns. I live in a city, in the coolest artsiest area, and go to design school. Doesn't seem very redneckish to me. If you feel that I'm a redneck, please back it up with your reasoning. I'd be interested to know why.
you took me waaaaaay too seriously. settle down before people start to think you are really a hick

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 07:38 PM

But according to Zimphire there are a lot of people who view me as a redneck... I'm just looking for answers. But then again, according to Zimphire, evolution doesn't exist.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 07:46 PM

But then again, according to Zimphire, evolution doesn't exist.
Ok, we will make an exception for you: you are allowed to mutate from redneck to metrosexual. Happy now ?

-t

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2006, 07:47 PM

It really comes down to two simple questions:

How many teeth do you have?

Do you listen to Conway Twitty?

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 07:59 PM

That just shows you how out of touch you are Rob. It isn't what you own, or where you live that would cause someone to call you that .But how you act and react to people.

Understand?

Your ACTIONS are very "redneck" like.

Yelling at cops, throwing cigarettes at people, going 100+ miles down the road, your constant spaz and attack on here.

It implies you are someone not very smart. Or someone not too intelligent or sophisticated.
Seems to me rednecks usually live in the middle of nowhere, have pickup trucks, and listen to country, and don't have a higher education.
And you are better than these people how? You aren't.
I look forward to your response on what you view as a redneck is. Seems to me the only people who'd call me a redneck are losers on an internet forum who'd like to put me down because they feel sad about their lives.
Is that why you call people on the internet losers and rednecks Rob? Because you like to put people down because you feel sad about your life?

You easily can say that about other people, and see it in them. But when you do THE SAME THING, why is it any different?

You cannot have two rules Rob. One for Rob and one for the rest of the World.

Because that is what you are doing.

Now come back, and reply to me and attack me about my Christianity like you usually do.

More "I hate my life" Redneck like behavior.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cash
OMG, it's SWG's lost son!

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 08:24 PM

That just shows you how out of touch you are Rob. It isn't what you own, or where you live that would cause someone to call you that .But how you act and react to people.
Wrong. Being hot headed about stupid people is something, but it isn't redneckish or hickish. You're a ****ing retard Zim. Sorry.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 08:28 PM

Wrong. Being hot headed about stupid people is something, but it isn't redneckish or hickish. You're a ****ing retard Zim. Sorry.
Actually Rob, being a over-reactionary hot-head is VERY red-neck like.

Calling people "****ing retards" is also.

You aren't doing well to convince us that you are not.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:30 PM

Actually Rob, being a over-reactionary hot-head is VERY red-neck like.

Calling people "****ing retards" is also.

You aren't doing well to convince us that you are not.
he has a point about SUV's and rednecks though.. he has me convinced he's not a redneck. A latent homosexual but not a redneck.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 08:31 PM

A latent homosexual but not a redneck.
Ah you may have a point here. You would know these things.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:35 PM

Ah you may have a point here. You would know these things.
hehe yes my gaydar works very well, he livings in a inner city, drives a woman's car, brags about his artistic skills and has mood swings like a gay man and he likes tomboy looking woman, hell he's married to one.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 10:10 PM

Folks... ..stop insulting rednecks, huh?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 10:14 PM

why do we call them 'rednecks' anyway?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
OMG, it's SWG's lost son!

-t

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
why do we call them 'rednecks' anyway?
Because their necks are usually red from blood spatter after they've been beating the crap out of whiny little city boys who don't like SUVs?

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Artful Dodger
It really comes down to two simple questions:

How many teeth do you have?

Do you listen to Conway Twitty?
Lots.

Who?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 01:43 AM