Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Pool cue Stolen

Pool cue Stolen
zerostar
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 10:02 PM

Someone stole my pool cue out of my car, and broke the window in the process! I am so pissed, had to be a person I just played as it was in my car for a whole 30 min.

It was a McDermott Classic cue, this one: http://www.mcdermottcue.com/M33A_a.asp

I am so bummed because I had wanted that cue for a while and it was an excellent cue

Anyone have a good cue for cheap? I am needy at this point.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Jan 27, 2006, 10:29 PM

Steal one from a bar. Take a really large friend with you who can disguise the cue as a tooth pick.

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 11:08 PM

Good idea

hickey
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 11:09 PM

holy crap dude that sucks. as for stealing bar cues, youd prolly be better off making your own, they're so abused at bars and poolhalls. I have a "Rage" cue I dont use would be willing to part with if your interested: Surprisingly good for how cheap Mine is an 18oz. let me know if you'd want it as a temp replacement.

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 11:52 PM

I had a dufferin cue that is rated very similar to that cue, great lil stick, what condition is it and how much are you looking for? Thanks! Im starting to save up for a tour cue in the meantime

Originally Posted by hickey
holy crap dude that sucks. as for stealing bar cues, youd prolly be better off making your own, they're so abused at bars and poolhalls. I have a "Rage" cue I dont use would be willing to part with if your interested: Surprisingly good for how cheap Mine is an 18oz. let me know if you'd want it as a temp replacement.

hickey
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2006, 01:22 AM

Its still in great condition, I didnt use it as much as I would've like too, still is straight and plays nicely. comes with a cloth case as well. I could let it and the case go for 40, shipping included. lemme know if your interested.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006, 01:30 AM

Put up a lost sign.

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2006, 01:36 AM

Any chance of letting it go without the case, I have several, let me know thanks

hayesk
Jan 28, 2006, 01:44 AM

Never leave anything visible in your car, period. If you have a bag or pool cue, or anything, put it in the truck, and lock the trunk release.

When people are with me, I always tell them to put their bag in the trunk. They sometimes say "I don't care, there's nothing valuable in there." After which I tell them, "The thief doesn't know that and you don't want to pay for my window."

hickey
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2006, 01:53 AM

PM'ed you zerostar

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 11:11 AM

i dont know anything about pool but that looks like a sweet cue - sorry it got stolen - did you call the cops?

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 28, 2006, 12:02 PM

Jesus dude. You left a $500 dollar cue in your car!?!?!?!?!

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by leehotti
Jesus dude. You left a $500 dollar cue in your car!?!?!?!?!
Whoa, I never clicked the link. I can't believe that pool cues can be so different from a $50 one to a $500 one. I've only played the house cues anyway and they usually suck.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 12:57 PM

It'll end up on eBay.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 28, 2006, 01:24 PM

Yeah. I guess I'm having trouble feeling bad for someone who can afford to blow half a grand on a freakin' wooden stick to hit balls with.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2006, 12:53 AM

Yeah. I guess I'm having trouble feeling bad for someone who can afford to blow half a grand on a freakin' wooden stick to hit balls with.

jealous, are we?

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2006, 03:11 AM

Have you never had a hobby or form of entertainment? They are often expensive. Some people have 1000's of dollars of dvds or a boat.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 29, 2006, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by KeriVit
jealous, are we?
Nope. Not so much. I mean... it's a freakin' pool cue. If someone is going to blow that much money on it, then... uh... whatever. They can afford to lose it.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 29, 2006, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by macaddict0001
Have you never had a hobby or form of entertainment? They are often expensive. Some people have 1000's of dollars of dvds or a boat.
Dvds? Maybe. But as for boats, cars, airplanes etc etcetc. That's why they're INSURED. And also... I'm going to have a complete BOAT for under $500 this summer.

$500 boat= good way to have fun with friends, not a lot of money

$500 stick= someone with too much money.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2006, 04:40 PM

People think I am crazy for having bowling shoes and a ball. Then they are surprised when I tell them that the shoes and ball together were less than my softball mitt. I have been looking to get a cheap cue as well. $500 might seem like a lot, but hobbies cost money so it's not that crazy. I'm sure plenty of people here spend $500 a year on wine or other items that seem extravagant.
leehotti, just because someone can afford something expensive does not mean they can afford to lose it. I paid for my (now aging) MDD G4 and I sure can't afford to buy a new computer right now and I easily could have gotten a much cheaper iMac when I first got it.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2006, 07:57 PM

Besides, I doubt He even paid that much. They are available all over the net for $350. Probably even cheaper if you look around. He might of even bought it used for even cheaper then that.

Hobbies can be expensive.
iMac G5 20" 2.1 GHz Power Mac G4 Cube 450 MHz
my .mac

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 29, 2006, 08:35 PM

Still. If I spent $500 on something I don't think I'd leave it in my car.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2006, 02:30 AM

leehotti = cash = redneck

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2006, 08:37 AM

It isn't the money. I paid $400 not that long ago. I think I know who did it as it was stolen right after a game the moment I left my car. It is probably in a lake since the guy can't play with it locally and doesn't need a stick or the cash. I am breaking down and getting a new stick this week.

The case and it s contents were worth more to me then the replacement cost.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Artful Dodger
leehotti = cash = redneck
We've discussed this, and we basically came to the conclusino that anybody who calls me a redneck is a complete ****ing idiot. I don't live in the country, listen to country, drive a truck, or watch nascar or sports.

Artful Dodger= Moron.

TurboMac
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2006, 10:02 AM

Dude that sucks. Personally I have a Sneaky-Pete. It's a duffrin and it is very straight and plays very well. It was $175.00 10 years ago and it still works like a charm. The really good thing is it doesn't attract attention like a Meucci or McDermott. So a lot more people want to play for money and no one is following my out the car after I take their cash!
PowerBook 1.67 - www.qimcoinc.com

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2006, 10:14 AM

Love Dufferin, unbelievable for the price. I had my eve on another McDermott and I was going to save up and get something else in the meantime. My wife told me just to get what I wanted since I play so much and love it, so I will be picking one up this weekend.

Originally Posted by TurboMac
Dude that sucks. Personally I have a Sneaky-Pete. It's a duffrin and it is very straight and plays very well. It was $175.00 10 years ago and it still works like a charm. The really good thing is it doesn't attract attention like a Meucci or McDermott. So a lot more people want to play for money and no one is following my out the car after I take their cash!

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2006, 10:44 AM

$500 stick= someone with too much money.
Why don't you enlighten us Rob - what exactly is "too much money"? Does someone have "too much money" when they have more than you do? Does someone have "too much money" when they can afford to buy things you can't?

That quote reeks of envy. Just because you can't afford to buy a $500 pool cue does not mean others can't.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 12:01 PM

Sorry. $500 can do tons of wonderful things, and anybody who spends that much on a ****ing wooden stick has too much money. You can get a DV cam, go on a vacation, ... I mean, there's just SO MUCH MORE you can do with $500 than purchase a 'stick'.

TurboMac
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2006, 12:16 PM

Only.......... if you are good that stick can yeild $1000's in prize money. I used to play in tournaments all the time, and I easily come home with 100's from each event. Or do some sharking and make even more. It's all in what you want to do with your money and how good you are. If you don't take it too seriously and just want to have fun, but think you need the best stick anyway, yeah you have more dollars then cents. But like any JOB you need the right tools to do it effectively. Companies that make sticks don't just whittle a piece of wood and call it a stick. There is plenty of technology that is put into a pool cue. Not to mention the many years of trial and error.
PowerBook 1.67 - www.qimcoinc.com

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2006, 12:33 PM

Sorry. $500 can do tons of wonderful things, and anybody who spends that much on a ****ing wooden stick has too much money. You can get a DV cam, go on a vacation, ... I mean, there's just SO MUCH MORE you can do with $500 than purchase a 'stick'.
I agree, if you don't have a lot of money you need to be careful where your $500 goes. But, if you have a lot of money and want a $500 pool cue - more power to ya. Like I said, just because you do not have the disposable income to afford a $500 pool cue does not mean that others don't. Also, as TurboMac said, if you make money playing pool then a $500 pool cue is an investment in your profession.

Do you also think someone who spends $500 on software has too much money? What about $500 on a performance car part? What about $500 on digital camera?

Anyhow, $500 isn't even the most expensive pool cue on the market. There are some that go for over $1,000.

http://www.platinumbilliards.com/pro...cts_id=1001403

jasonsRX7
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2006, 01:02 PM

I'm going to have a complete BOAT for under $500 this summer.
That ought to be some boat. Let me suggest Sea Tow

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by jasonsRX7
Yeah, must be a helluva deal.

This one's $850:

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa
I agree, if you don't have a lot of money you need to be careful where your $500 goes. But, if you have a lot of money and want a $500 pool cue - more power to ya. Like I said, just because you do not have the disposable income to afford a $500 pool cue does not mean that others don't.
That's fine. Hence my original statement. I can't feel sorry for someone who can afford to spend half of a thousand dollars on a wooden stick to hit balls with.

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa
Anyhow, $500 isn't even the most expensive pool cue on the market. There are some that go for over $1,000.

http://www.platinumbilliards.com/pro...cts_id=1001403

I don't have a "ton" of money, I am not sure what Rob means by "too much money" I have enough to be comfortable. I also have enough to buy a $500 cue. Does it suck less that It got stolen simply because I could afford to buy it over a $20 K-mart cue? No, I don't think so.

Anyway, there are $50K cues out there as well, mostly show pieces, but I have seen people playing with these: http://www.mcdermottcue.com/Prestige4a.asp
I, personally wouldn't own such a thing. I think we all have a line, and perhaps if your family income is $30K or so $500 is excessive, but realize that to some it is not, especially for something they are passionate about and use almost daily.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2006, 01:55 PM

We've discussed this, and we basically came to the conclusino that anybody who calls me a redneck is a complete ****ing idiot. I don't live in the country, listen to country, drive a truck, or watch nascar or sports.

Artful Dodger= Moron.
the anal leper speaks rectally once again...some species never die.

anyone who whose sympathy toward others is a function of money is a moron, you tool. You have a backwards thought process redolent of a hickish frame of mind. Try not to confuse your wife with a car as they are both grazing on the front lawn. Later, tool

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by jasonsRX7
It's a 1960s El Rae with a Dixie Trailer and 1966 Johnson Outboard. Runabout. I had to replace the core, but the transom is still in good shape. The engine was fine. I'm getting it painted for about $100 and doing the interior with plywood, foam, and vinyl for about $150. It'll be fun.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 02:01 PM

the anal leper speaks rectally once again...some species never die.

anyone who whose sympathy toward others is a function of money is a moron, you tool. You have a backwards thought process redolent of a hickish frame of mind. Try not to confuse your wife with a car as they are both grazing on the front lawn. Later, tool
Sorry. It's like someone who messes up their new infiniti. Whatever. If someone messes up their only car, and it's already a cheap car, then that sucks because money is obviously tight. And sorry, you once again project characteristics of people you hate onto me, and get them all wrong. My car is in a heated showroom, in storage for now. And you're calling my wife a cow? Hahahahahaha.

Yeah, a real bovine. What a ****ing dueschebag. Are you still a virgin?

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by zerostar
I don't have a "ton" of money, I am not sure what Rob means by "too much money" I have enough to be comfortable. I also have enough to buy a $500 cue. Does it suck less that It got stolen simply because I could afford to buy it over a $20 K-mart cue? No, I don't think so.
Cool. So you're obviously comfortable enough moneywise that you'll be able to replace it. Thus, it sucks it got stolen, but I don't feel pity for you. >shrug<

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2006, 02:15 PM

Sorry. It's like someone who messes up their new infiniti. Whatever. If someone messes up their only car, and it's already a cheap car, then that sucks because money is obviously tight. And sorry, you once again project characteristics of people you hate onto me, and get them all wrong. My car is in a heated showroom, in storage for now. And you're calling my wife a cow? Hahahahahaha.

Show me your wife, hick.
I don't know what's more laughable.
1) taking investment advice from cash (from the mom wants a car thread)
2) your sad state of mind that believes the amount of sympathy one shows should correspond to a dollar value.

HAHAHA... your wife would look a lot better with my dick in her mouth.

later, sad bitch

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2006, 02:18 PM

Cool. So you're obviously comfortable enough moneywise that you'll be able to replace it. Thus, it sucks it got stolen, but I don't feel pity for you. >shrug<
No one asked for pitty, glad you agree that it sucks though

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 02:20 PM

HAHAHA... your wife would look a lot better with my dick in her mouth.

later, sad bitch
Thank you for showing your true character.

zerostar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2006, 02:20 PM

Wow, this thread has officially crossed a line or two.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2006, 02:24 PM

Thank you for showing your true character.

thank you for being a hick

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 02:28 PM

Yes because a student with a fat scholarship living downtown going to design school who drives a subaru and has a hot wife and has an apple system for video editing and hates nascar, football, and country music is definitely a hick.

Wait... no.... that's definitely anything but hick. In fact, I'd be willing to wager that some ****tard with a 'georgetown' football reference in his sig is much more hickish. I mean, football? Hicks like football. Go **** your cousin, inbred hillbilly.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2006, 02:43 PM

Yes because a student with a fat scholarship living downtown going to design school who drives a subaru and has a hot wife and has an apple system for video editing and hates nascar, football, and country music is definitely a hick.

Wait... no.... that's definitely anything but hick. In fact, I'd be willing to wager that some ****tard with a 'georgetown' football reference in his sig is much more hickish. I mean, football? Hicks like football. Go **** your cousin, inbred hillbilly.

HAHA...yeah gtown football is what i'm refrencing??!! you tool. That is so evocative of your myopic redneck perspective. Well I guess, being the idiot that you are, at least you are in your comfort zone. keep justifing your life...it seems to be one of your necessities. bye bye hick. i look forward to seeing on Cops.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 02:46 PM

Who knows. You have some stupid sports team in your sig, yet you're calling a design student a hick. Do the math. But yeah, keep calling me a hick. Well I guess, being the idiot that you are, at least you are in your comfort zone. keep justifing your life...it seems to be one of your necessities. bye bye hick. i look forward to seeing on Cops raping your cousin.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2006, 02:55 PM

Who knows. You have some stupid sports team in your sig, yet you're calling a design student a hick. Do the math. But yeah, keep calling me a hick. Well I guess, being the idiot that you are, at least you are in your comfort zone. keep justifing your life...it seems to be one of your necessities. bye bye hick. i look forward to seeing on Cops raping your cousin.
it's a university last time I checked... maybe your inbred kid will be the first in your family to attend one. Have fun wallowing in the redneck misery, known as your life.

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 30, 2006, 02:57 PM

it's a university last time I checked... maybe your inbred kid will be the first in your family to attend one. Have fun wallowing in the redneck misery, known as your life.
Sure. And that's why you have a sports mascot in your sig. You can't hide your true colors. Heck, isn't that a university in the south? So you live in the south? And you're trying to tell me you're not a redneck? I hope my kids or any of my friends never have to go down to the south.

The north should have just slaughtered all you racist ****s but we need stupid people to work in factories, hence why we didn't.

isao bered
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 30, 2006, 03:09 PM

...yet you're calling a design student a hick...
? long ago when i went to university i was acquainted with several hickish design students. i don't really see specifically how a school program fully negates one's upbringing and/or family tree.

besides, it's not like it's a bad thing. *someone* has to provide walmart design services. or better yet, determine next season's redneck chic. ;-)

be well.

laeth

"nostalgia isn't what it used to be..." - sam burnett

Forum Links
Forum Rules