Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Wendy's does it again!

Wendy's does it again! (Page 2)
houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2006, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Y3a View Post
Well, just got back from Wendys. They Hosed up the order AGAIN. I can't beleive they hosed up the order after repeating it to us before producing the order. I guess that "English as a third language" thing is a joke. I hope the fast food owners keep hiring stupid managers who hire illiterate foreigners to waste the resources and give away food and chase the customer base away.

They have recently been putting CHEAP cheeses and toppings on their specialty burgers that must have Dave Thomas spinning like a lathe in his grave. if they monitarily punish the managers of the fast food loints maybe it will change. They already charge 10-15 times the true value of the food for their stuff anyway, so cutting the managers salary in half, and then shopping the place every week or so to check up on 'em might be the way to go.
chipotle.

food is great, the service is great, and the restaurants are a lot nicer.

marden
Baninated
Nov 13, 2006, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
Having worked many jobs, you're what we in the business call a fool.

When I worked $7.25 an hour tech support jobs, I did not give them as much effort as a $24.50 an hour job. That's just foolish to put your heart and soul into a job which pays pennies. And often, your managers will understand, and so will your customers.
I would hope to never hire anyone like you.

If it's said we all prostitute ourselves for money (I don't buy that view, but...) you would be the sly, skanky, street whore.

I'd imagine myself more the "Pretty Woman" type.*

*Who eventually gets MUCH more than any prostitute would because she never saw herself as a prostitute.

DakarĀ²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2006, 09:09 AM

Pretty Woman was a 90s version of Cinderella.

Or in other words, it's a fairy tale.

Y3a  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2006, 09:46 AM

Perhaps their wouldn't be such a dislike of increasing the MINIMUM WAGE if the folks making it would do a better job. They don't. They do a crap job and unless they improve themselves and stop wasting the resources of the place they work they shoudn't ever be paid more. The lousy job should be rewarded with a quick dismissal. You need to fire someone every week to keep the young stupid workers in line. Those who 'get it' will be better for it, and the rest will show themselves to be losers.

The manager IS RESPONSIBLE for the performance of the fast food joint. We have decided NEVER TO GO THERE AGAIN. NOT THAT ONE ANYWAY. We use fast food as the time saver it was intended to be. We are out early saturday morning and want an early lunch after 10am. Most FF joints are still 'serving' breakfast. The local McDonalds doesn't hose up the orders. The Burger King doesn't either. The chinese carry-outs don't. the mom n pop pizza joints don't get our order wrong, JUST THOSE FOOLS AT WENDYS (in Sterling, VA) Other Wendy's around haven't messed up the orders. it's a shame it's so close.

Chipotles and Baja Fresh are both OK, but don't give you a lot of food for the money. A few local mom-n-pop Mexican places do far better.

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2006, 10:14 AM

I have to dig up the link again, but i read that some fast food chains outsource the order taking to far east countries. The order booth is wired to a person in India that takes your order. Yeah, pretty bizarre.

Forum Links
Forum Rules