Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Bye Bye Dawson

Bye Bye Dawson
boots
Professional Poster
May 14, 2003, 07:49 PM

Tonight is the last episode of "Dawson's Creek."

It starts at 8:00pm EST, and runs for 2 hours.

I will watch UPN and do the dance of joy at precisely 10:00 pm EST.

Good bye Dawson, and may syndication be unkind.

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
May 14, 2003, 07:57 PM

<high Cartman falsetto>
"I don't wanna wait, for Dawson's Creek to be over..."
</high Cartman falsetto>

--Josh

malson
Senior User
May 14, 2003, 09:08 PM

As I posted in #macnn earlier...

I feel so dirty. I went out and bought a TiVo earlier today. Set everything up and was ready to play around a bit this evening.

***Ring ring***

Ahh, it's the wife calling from her clinical site 2 hours away. She tells me that she got invited to a bridal shower for one of her friends and it starts a 8pm....

Fine, I think...have fun.

"Honey, I need a favor. Could you record Dawson's Creek for me? It's the last show and I can't watch it cause I got this shower..."

Ahhh, the joy that is marriage. So the first thing on my brand new 80 hour TiVo: Dawson's Creek...
Yeah, about those TPS reports, didn't you get the memo?
--------------
2.3 Ghz Dual-Core G5/20" LCD/Life is Good!
Moo...

AssassyN
Professional Poster
May 14, 2003, 09:41 PM

Man, this show pumped me with emotions throughout my high school years, lol, and I've been watching intently since 8pm...Joey BETTER marry Dawson, or else I'm gonna RAGE!

But the greatest part, there's been THREE Macs in the show! There was a 17" (I believe) FP iMac and a Quicksilver PowerMac in the rear of Jack's classroom, and Dawson was playing on his TiBook when Joey crashed into his room. SWEET!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
May 14, 2003, 09:43 PM

four macs. maybe even five.

There was a blueberry iBook when Joey went off for a weekend to checkout college campuses, and there was a gumdrop iMac of the slot-loading variety at one point or another.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
May 14, 2003, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by malson:

"Honey, I need a favor. Could you record Dawson's Creek for me? It's the last show and I can't watch it cause I got this shower..."

Ahhh, the joy that is marriage.
I thought you were going to say that you couldn't get it working and didn't record it. The divorce papers would already be rustling.

nvaughan3
Mac Elite
May 14, 2003, 09:51 PM

ok, for those who dont get WB, who died and who got married. and how did it end.

malson
Senior User
May 14, 2003, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by thePurpleGiant:
I thought you were going to say that you couldn't get it working and didn't record it. The divorce papers would already be rustling.
Funny thing is that since she's out of town she doesn't know I bought the TiVo I'm hoping the fact that I used it first and foremost for her benefit, she'll get over me buying it that much easier. We'll see if that works...
Yeah, about those TPS reports, didn't you get the memo?
--------------
2.3 Ghz Dual-Core G5/20" LCD/Life is Good!
Moo...

AssassyN
Professional Poster
May 14, 2003, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by nvaughan3:
ok, for those who dont get WB, who died and who got married. and how did it end.
NO FRIKIN WAY!!!!!!

Ok, here's the run down:

Jen DIES! It was definitely the most emotional part of the show, I'm unsure if it was intentional, but to me her death ranked higher in importance than the rest...it was terribly sad, she left her 1 year old daughter behind, and recorded a tape of herself while still alive to show her daughter when she became of age, man that was a gripping scene. She left the baby to be raised by her gay bro, Jack...which is really twisted b/c the show leaves you the impressions he's gonna get married soon, to another guy, to raise the girl w/ 2 dads...ah well, that's planet earth for ya.

Now, Joey goes back & forth between Pacey & Dawson, and agrees that Dawson is her "soul mate" and somehow ends up marrying PACEY! Although I'm utterly an enraged at this choice, it's the only way it could've worked...Pacey would've been a worthless character without Joey being his wife, b/c at the end of the show Dawson calls and tells them he's going to meet w/ Speilberg as his show is doing wonderful. So Dawson got the career of his dreams at the sacrifce of losing the love of his life to his best friend who has slept with almost everyone from the ages of 14-87, ouch.

But anyways, that's the important stuff, and oh yeah, Audrey was M.I.A. Any other questions?
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 14, 2003, 10:20 PM

My little sister is a huge fan of the show. It's funny because everytime I went over to my parents house, I would find her in the living room watching Dawsons Creek. I use to tease her because within 10 minutes of watching an episode, the character named Joey would be balling her eyes out. Every freaking time!! It got to a point where I would bring a stop watch and have it count down from 10 mins. And sure enough, the tears of Joey would apear just like Old Faithful.

My question is, did Joey cry in this episode? I was hoping they could get through at least one episode without her crying. I'm guessing no because I just can't see her making it through her wedding without shedding a few tears.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
May 14, 2003, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by malson:
Funny thing is that since she's out of town she doesn't know I bought the TiVo I'm hoping the fact that I used it first and foremost for her benefit, she'll get over me buying it that much easier. We'll see if that works...
No. no, the real question is,

did you buy the lifetime subscription?
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
May 14, 2003, 10:30 PM

First off, nice work getting the TiVO and recording a wife's request...very swank!

And as for her crying, she cried. LoL, several times.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

suprz's ghost
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2003, 07:46 AM

well, at least i can be proud, and say that i have NEVER seen a single episode of that show
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"...Albert Einstein

boots  (op)
Professional Poster
May 15, 2003, 08:13 AM

Originally posted by suprz's ghost:
well, at least i can be proud, and say that i have NEVER seen a single episode of that show
I only saw one episode. When My wife and I were working with the our church's youth group, one of the kids said I look like Dawson.

"Who?" I said.
"Dawson!" she said. "You know. From Dawson's Creek."

At the time, I didn't know if it was an insult or a compliment. So I had to watch one episode. I'm still not sure if it was a insult or compliment. But I guess It's kinda true. After we watched it, my wife also said I look like him.

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
May 15, 2003, 10:05 AM

Doesn't air til Friday here in Canadia, and even though I haven't seen the show in 2 years, I'll be watching the last one.

Katie Holmes... *sigh*

tikki
Mac Elite
May 15, 2003, 03:57 PM

wtf is she picking that loser Pacey over Dawson for? What a crock. Dawson is gonna be loaded with cash. Pacey just gets in a lot of fights.

work: maczealots blog: carpeaqua

boots  (op)
Professional Poster
May 15, 2003, 04:10 PM

Now I'm waiting for 7th Heaven to die.

:XI:
Mac Elite
May 15, 2003, 04:18 PM

Dawson's Crack is over! Yay! Never liked that show.

I know how you feel though, I was gutted when My So Called Life finished. But then my balls dropped and I became a man.

boots  (op)
Professional Poster
May 15, 2003, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by :XI::
Dawson's Crack is over! Yay! Never liked that show.

I know how you feel though, I was gutted when My So Called Life finished. But then my balls dropped and I became a man.

Maybe you misunderstood...I hate the show and a celebrating its demise.

:XI:
Mac Elite
May 15, 2003, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by boots:
Maybe you misunderstood...I hate the show and a celebrating its demise.
Oh, well� continue

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
May 15, 2003, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by boots:
Now I'm waiting for 7th Heaven to die.
That show is great! If you limit yourself to watching just the scenes with Beverly Mitchell in them with the sound muted, that is.

--J

MacAgent
Senior User
May 15, 2003, 09:08 PM

Is Jensen Ackles on Dawson's Creek?

Forum Links
Forum Rules