Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA�

[ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA� (Page 17)
justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2003, 10:42 PM

More like a terrible teasing use for it (a teaser for a teaser, gaaaaaah!)

Not that I won't be checking it at midnight, of course.

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2004, 01:07 AM

Okay. Fine. I'll check at midnight...

So where's that teaser?

Oh. Pacific? My bad...

Hobeaux
Jan 1, 2004, 02:20 AM

The site is live and has an interview with William Bart and another teaser of the theme: showing the iTunes remote (or one of them).

woowoo
damn straight--or on the rocks, i'm not picky.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 02:37 AM

click one

kovacs
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 07:14 AM

Woohoo, great teaser

Seems like I will have to buy SS after all

BigSlick
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the interview, Phil and William! I'm quite excited about how themes may potentially look and work, in the post SS11 GUI era.

Maybe Arlo + The Unsanity folks will do a bundle deal for SS + Konfabulator? (I've already reg'd both; Konfabulator was worth it to me for just Knock-knock and iTunes Companion.)
Bigslick
Unit 3000-21 is warming.

CiN FuL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 02:09 PM

THAT was what i waited for for weeks? just ONE "screen shot"....anyone can talk about something

yea....someone email me when this is done, until then goodbye...

im sick of two people saying "you will be amazed" and you show us what is really nothing...thanks for helping me waste my time

Edit: This is starting to remind me (sadly)of Duke Nukem Forever

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 1, 2004, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by CiN FuL:
This is starting to remind me (sadly)of Duke Nukem Forever
True dat.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 02:45 PM

Really guys, get a life.... It IS just a theme. If you can't say anything positive, most of us don't want to hear it.

The iTunes controller is going to rock though, did you read about it when BBX posted? He said it will project the track info onto the desktop like a hologram, in addition to it's animated LEDs.
click one

CiN FuL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
Really guys, get a life.... It IS just a theme. If you can't say anything positive, most of us don't want to hear it.

The iTunes controller is going to rock though, did you read about it when BBX posted? He said it will project the track info onto the desktop like a hologram, in addition to it's animated LEDs.
whats funny? i dont even have a Mac...yes, i know that there will be a WB version too, but you want to know the reason i started reading this in the first place?

i like black themes, black is my favorite color...now why are you complaining about other people complaining?

i mean honestly, just think about it, how many times have you read "soon you will be amazed" and "just wait, its worth it"? How many times must we hear this? If BBX was really smart, he would have this thread closed, but its intentional. He WANTS the best theme out. He WANTS to blow everything out of the water, and hell, what better way than to keep a thread running this long and this big?

word of mouth is what made me (and probably many others) come to this forum months ago and i patiently trolled around, then i started posting and now im ranting.

yes i know i have no right for to the theme (but im not even asking for it), in fact im happy right now with the black VS im using right now...all i want is something more than a 2x2in "screen shot"... because honestly...if someone told you you were going to get a christmas gift, then decides you should wait a few more days for the new year, keeps telling you "You will be amazed with what we show you", and then i get that....come on...im not the only one that feels like i got shafted

and its not about having a life...its about the simple fact that when people promise things (even online) and it is nothing even close to what has been said, people get upset, right?
( Last edited by CiN FuL; Jan 1, 2004 at 03:14 PM. )

kovacs
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 03:07 PM

THAT was what i waited for for weeks? just ONE "screen shot"....anyone can talk about something

yea....someone email me when this is done, until then goodbye...

im sick of two people saying "you will be amazed" and you show us what is really nothing...thanks for helping me waste my time

Edit: This is starting to remind me (sadly)of Duke Nukem Forever
BBX owes you nothing it's a free theme, so what is your problem ? In fact is much more then a theme it's a complete GUI redesign, icons, wallpapers, konfabulator widgets, safari skin, dock it's all there....

I was a little sceptical about this project, after all this is his first OSX theme and although his older themes are good they are not that special, but now I am believer

CiN FuL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by kovacs:
BBX owes you nothing it's a free theme, so what is your problem ? In fact is much more then a theme it's a complete GUI redesign, icons, wallpapers, konfabulator widgets, safari skin, dock it's all there....

I was a little sceptical about this project, after all this is his first OSX theme and although his older themes are good they are not that special, but now I am believer
again.....im not even asking for the theme...and i honestly will just test it out and leave it alone...especially if it wont have everything hes doing in the WB version. I know he owes me nothing, but ONE MORE TIME...im not asking for the theme, im not asking for the code, im simply asking for a REAL preview...something that i look at and say" damn thats nice" and then move on...is that honestly too much to ask?

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2004, 03:23 PM

again.....im not even asking for the theme...and i honestly will just test it out and leave it alone...especially if it wont have everything hes doing in the WB version. I know he owes me nothing, but ONE MORE TIME...im not asking for the theme, im not asking for the code, im simply asking for a REAL preview...something that i look at and say" damn thats nice" and then move on...is that honestly too much to ask?
William has stated several times why he doesn't want to show any screenshots of the theme, you know... He hasn't promised anything either, he's only made guesses on a release date.

CiN FuL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 03:44 PM

yes i know, but i was thinking we were actually going to get something worth-seeing today...and what we did get was practically nothing

i dont mean to sound like an ingrate (i am probably coming off as one), im just a little mad.
( Last edited by CiN FuL; Jan 1, 2004 at 03:53 PM. )

Tarambana
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2004, 04:37 PM

Well, I really don't know, but I did like the new teaser. I mean, it's not all about having a full size screenshot but of getting along with the theme (BTW: William, I admire the enormous work you are putting into this).

Oh, and remember that, probably, if you had seen it you wouldn't have been able to wait 'til its release!

eFX
Jan 1, 2004, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:

Incredible, is iTunes a 3D object? see how he angled the player and that LED ray beaming onto the desk is so mmm tasty

These shine of that remote is fantastic cant you feel it!

Nice interview, really shows his background how William got involved in GUI design. Is that a self portrait? http://www.mathgamehouse.com/mt/insider/omega/photo.jpg or something that got whipped up for Interveiw. I dont think there is anything that could stop BBX in any design just seems to think it up and walla a killer look. His mind must be bursting in Photoshop! shame life is not like the matrix where you could download your thoughts and imagination to actually see it in Virtual world.

quandarry
Jan 1, 2004, 05:17 PM

well, i really hate to say this but i'm totally underwelmed and i think bbx should rightfully be worried that omega will not live up to peoples expectations as he has stated...except for that guy hidden in the 'shadows' of that tree up ahead ready to pounce on any blasphemer and non-believer.

however there is hope i suppose...i really have a hard thing on for this theme that is coming down the pipes by dsky.

http://homepage.mac.com/dsky/

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 1, 2004, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by eFX:
Incredible, is iTunes a 3D object? see how he angled the player and that LED ray beaming onto the desk is so mmm tasty These shine of that remote is fantastic cant you feel it!

Yeah, and I think that thing at the bottom of the little teaser poster is the airlock on the desktop that it docks onto. So cool looking! I'm dying here waiting for it. I'm wondering how many people that never bought KonFabulator are going to finally spring for the big bucks? i think I am!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by mrtew:
Yeah, and I think that thing at the bottom of the little teaser poster is the airlock on the desktop that it docks onto. So cool looking! I'm dying here waiting for it. I'm wondering how many people that never bought KonFabulator are going to finally spring for the big bucks? i think I am!
I did.
click one

CiN FuL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2004, 05:33 PM

I just looked at the teaser a little bit more...and now that im thinking about it...i realize how good a of a job that really is....so im going to just move past....but i still cant wait for the theme

i just want to see someoen to a video of it all in action (After it has been released)... ...then i will DEFINATLY try out the wb version ...i already downloaded wb, im just waiting for the theme to come out so i can try it with the demo...dont want to waste the few days i can use the program and waste it

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by quandarry:
well, i really hate to say this but i'm totally underwelmed and i think bbx should rightfully be worried that omega will not live up to peoples expectations as he has stated
Totally underwhelmed by what exactly - the iTunes remote? It's just supposed to be a slick little device to use with the theme... I happen to think it looks pretty nice

You know Quandarry, green is not a color you wear very well... and yet it's one you seem to be wearing more and more often. If you think you can do any better, then by all means - c'mon, impress us. Just once.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
[...] I happen to think it looks pretty nice
Ah, always such a sense of humor...

The remote looks fabulous... absolutely can't wait to see how the theme itself turns out. BTW, I understand how you would have visual feedback for the volume with those LEDs, but what's the point of the LEDs on the side where the FF/RR buttons are? Just curious.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 12:47 AM

Originally posted by Sage:
I understand how you would have visual feedback for the volume with those LEDs, but what's the point of the LEDs on the side where the FF/RR buttons are? Just curious.
That's a seek slider - it fills up as the track progresses. It's the equivalent of the little diamond-in-a-bar you see sliding along under your track info in the iTunes window. Drag it up or down and you can scrub through your track just like dragging the diamond.

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2004, 12:53 AM

I got the feeling that the LEDs on the left hand side of the Widget are like a track progress bar thingy. (i.e. when the track starts no LEDs are lit, and by the end of the track they all are). If that is true, then that is the coolest thing ever. I make Widgets myself, and I'm sure that is possible. You just have to do some math.

This Widget will be by far and away the most beautiful, most sophisticated, most accomplished and simply the best Konfabulator Widget ever made. I imagine we're looking at maybe 10,000 downloads in it's first week. Probably 20-30,000 downloads after a couple of months.

Bill says the theme is of matching design and quality. Amazing. Then we've got desktop pictures, icons, etc. No wonder it is taking so long. It will be SOOOOO worth it. This is going to be breath-taking. Don't worry about that.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

Mike S.
Senior User
Jan 2, 2004, 01:02 AM

On the icons; will the ShapeShifter update that Omega requires be able to handle the changing of icons system wide or will people need CandyBar?

I know icon switching is in the works but I don't know how far into the future it's planned for.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 01:41 AM

That's a seek slider - it fills up as the track progresses. It's the equivalent of the little diamond-in-a-bar you see sliding along under your track info in the iTunes window. Drag it up or down and you can scrub through your track just like dragging the diamond.
Ah, I see. Cool!

Gad, I wish I had such computer graphics skills... my dad is a graphics artist for Boeing, and does all of his work on computer (Photoshop, Freehand, the like) mainly for advertising purposes, but he hasn't really had to deal with 3D/textured objects as much.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 01:46 AM

Originally posted by Mike S.:
On the icons; will the ShapeShifter update that Omega requires be able to handle the changing of icons system wide or will people need CandyBar?
I can't comment on that - you'll have to ask the ones making the decisions.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 01:47 AM

Originally posted by Ozzpot:
This Widget will be by far and away the most beautiful, most sophisticated, most accomplished and simply the best Konfabulator Widget ever made... Bill says the theme is of matching design and quality. Amazing. Then we've got desktop pictures, icons, etc. No wonder it is taking so long. It will be SOOOOO worth it. This is going to be breath-taking. Don't worry about that.
Made my day (month even). Thanks for noticing

MacAgent
Senior User
Jan 2, 2004, 03:34 PM

I agree - that iTunes remote is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Honestly. Even more amazing than when I saw an airplane land on the freeway beside me.

It's beautiful, and I have no doubts the rest of it will be completely awesome as well.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by MacAgent:
Even more amazing than when I saw an airplane land on the freeway beside me.
Are you serious or just joking? I just watched the movie S.W.A.T and they landed a plane on a bridge, although I don't think it's real.

quandarry
Jan 2, 2004, 04:43 PM

If you think you can do any better, then by all means - c'mon, impress us. Just once.
i would but i'm afraid the window's people might get it.

here's a teaser tho...

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 04:50 PM

Sooo, William... as far as I understand you'll wait for ShapeShifter1.1 to come out before you release Omega, right?? I just got an e-mail from Unsanity saying that ShapeShifter wont be out for atleast a couple of months. Have I just not read through all the posts? Please don't give me the hammer.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

pup
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2004, 06:53 PM

I haven't seen any email from Unsanity in my box saying any such thing...care to copy>paste>post this for the rest of us?

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2004, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by pup:
I haven't seen any email from Unsanity in my box saying any such thing...care to copy>paste>post this for the rest of us?
Sure, here:

Thanks for the email. We haven't announced anything officially but you should expect to see it in a few months.

Thanks for the interest.

Hi
I was wondering. When will Shapeshifter 1.1 be out ?
bye,
Allan

Sincerely,
J Maxfield
Unsanity

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2004, 02:43 PM

I got an email too

YOU TOO COULD ADD INCHES TO YOUR PENIS SIZE!
with our 100% herbal treatment you too could please her in ways you could never before dream of! only $35 for the first order and $45 for each additional order!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2004, 02:49 PM

You guys could just wait for 1.1, and when it's out you'll know Omega will be out soon if it isn't at the same time.
click one

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2004, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
i would but i'm afraid the window's people might get it.

here's a teaser tho...

Hey that's funny (really). Guess we'll see who's the one laughing soon enough.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2004, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by Fonzie:
Sooo, William... as far as I understand you'll wait for ShapeShifter1.1 to come out before you release Omega, right?? I just got an e-mail from Unsanity saying that ShapeShifter wont be out for atleast a couple of months. Have I just not read through all the posts? Please don't give me the hammer.
Suddenly all the delays make sense, don't they I'm in an unfortunate position here - I'm at the mercy of SS development, and I can't comment on delays or release dates until you've heard it directly from the horse's mouth. I also can't show any more than I've shown of Omega wthout giving away some of SS's upcoming features. So delays and secrecy are par for the course unfortunately. As for the 'few months' until 1.1 is ready, from what I've seen with regards to the capabilities of this update, this latest bit of info doesn't seem at all unrealistic. And like Smeger said earlier on, it really should be a 1.5 or 2.0 release for all it's bringing with it. If this is true, then it's not unreasonable to expect a fully-functional Omega release on or around the same time.

Like I said, just chill out and wait - it will all be worth it in the end. I don't call the shots on SS development, so there's nothing I can do about these delays or the secrecy kids. Anybody who feels I've handled things improperly has zero insight into just what's happening behind the scenes with features or the terms of any agreements between myself and the ShapeShifter folks.

anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2004, 04:05 PM

When Omega does get released, are you going to start a new thread for it? If so, I think I'll quit reading this one.

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2004, 05:17 PM

Um... I'm guessing there's no chance you'd release the iTunes remote before then (now that we've seen it)?

Pretty please (with Bambi eyes)?

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2004, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by rhythmicmoose:
Um... I'm guessing there's no chance you'd release the iTunes remote before then (now that we've seen it)?

Pretty please (with Bambi eyes)?
lol Fat chance.
click one

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by anti-sleep:
When Omega does get released, are you going to start a new thread for it? If so, I think I'll quit reading this one.

Uh, dude... if you'd read this one at all you wouldn't have to ask such an irrelevant and already answered question. (What makes you think a new thread would be any better anyway?)

And I second the request for the early release of the iTunes remote! That'd be COOL!

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2004, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by sushiism:
I got an email too

YOU TOO COULD ADD INCHES TO YOUR PENIS SIZE!
with our 100% herbal treatment you too could please her in ways you could never before dream of! only $35 for the first order and $45 for each additional order!
Why the hostility ?
------
And BBX I now know where you're coming from - I did before too though but now it's more clear to me. I think I'll just sit on my ass and wait
( Last edited by Fonzie; Jan 3, 2004 at 07:39 PM. )

Kujo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2004, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by mrtew:
U(What makes you think a new thread would be any better anyway?)
it would be lots better b/c then people could stop coming here and just wait to see the new thread

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Kujo:
it would be lots better b/c then people could stop coming here and just wait to see the new thread

I get it now. You don't like talking about it anymore, you just want the theme! That actually makes sense. Well he did say a few pages back that when he releases the theme he would start a new thread so you can stop reading this one if you want!

justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2004, 08:28 PM

Well you haven't been coming here anyway, so what is the difference?

It has already been said multiple times that a new thread will be created when the theme is released. It has also been said that this thread will still be used for any sneak peaks from BBX when the theme is closer to release.

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2004, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by Fonzie:
Why the hostility ?
------
And BBX I now know where you're coming from - I did before too though but now it's more clear to me. I think I'll just sit on my ass and wait
Sorry didnt mean to come across as hostile that was not my intention, i was just having a chuckle

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2004, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by sushiism:
Sorry didnt mean to come across as hostile that was not my intention, i was just having a chuckle
hehe, that's alright. I didn't think you meant it like that either Maybe I take things too personally !?

Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2004, 02:18 AM

BBX: Any idea on how long after Omega is released BBX ALPHA will be released. Or is there more of a chance of Mirai than Alpha.

:: Fluid

solidfox
Jan 5, 2004, 02:54 AM

This alpha thing sounds great...as for mirai...future in japanese, ey? Sounds cool too.

This thread is lightening up...

Forum Links
Forum Rules