Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Surprise! New L.A. Times Poll Says McCain Would Beat Both Clinton and B.H.O.!

Surprise! New L.A. Times Poll Says McCain Would Beat Both Clinton and B.H.O.! (Page 3)
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
What you're describing isn't stereotyping, it's a form of discrimination. And I never said anyone should be ineligible. I merely said Obama's name represents a political liability, which it does.
Well I guess you'll choose to ignore, and attempt to circumvent, the entire point of my post. Colour me surprised.

Carry on.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2008, 07:28 PM

Apparently we're talking past each other.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

ApeInTheShell
Senior User
Mar 5, 2008, 01:21 AM

"If the November election were held today, McCain would beat Clinton by 46% to 40%, while eking out a 2
point advantage over Obama (44% to 42%), although well within the poll’s margin of error. About one in 10
in both match-ups were undecided and 5% would vote for someone else. McCain and Obama split the
independent voters, while McCain takes that group away from Clinton." Quote from article.
The rest of the article talks about McCain's chances against Clinton and Obama but not suprisingly, Obama seems to more of a threat election wise to McCain winning the Presidency.
Personally, if McCain won the election I would hold a celebration party as the rest of the Democrats on my street looked at me in disgust. Sadly, that will never happen.

ApeInTheShell
Senior User
Mar 5, 2008, 01:23 AM

I did send a email out that made my girlfriend mad about President Bush beating John Kerry in 2004. She didn't like my pro-Bush talk at the time. =D

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 5, 2008, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I merely said Obama's name represents a political liability, which it does.
You're absolutely right that it does. But, it's only a liability because of all the uninformed people out there who don't know any better.

Forum Links
Forum Rules