Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Sandisk launches $800 512GB Extreme Pro SD card

Sandisk launches $800 512GB Extreme Pro SD card
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 12, 2014, 09:21 AM

Flash disk manufacturer SanDisk Corporation has launched its 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I memory card, the world's highest capacity SD card on the market. The new offering is designed to meet the demands of industry professionals who shoot 4K Ultra High Definition (3840x2160p) video, Full HD video (1920x1080) and high-speed burst mode photography.

The 512GB card delivers write speeds up to 90 MB/s and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) recording speed with read speeds up to 95 MB/s. The card is the same form factor as existing SD cards, and should work in nearly any device with a reader from the last four years.

The SanDisk Extreme PRO UHS-I SDHC/SDXC memory cards are now available worldwide in capacities of 512GB, 256GB and 128GB. The 512GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I card is priced at $800.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Sep 12, 2014 at 10:20 AM. )

DiabloConQueso
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2014, 09:50 AM

Ooh, perfect for my Raspberry Pi!

climacs
Senior User
Sep 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

I prefer the warmer bits you get with floppy disks

Forum Links
Forum Rules