Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > [seti] server outage on the 16th

[seti] server outage on the 16th
Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 13, 2002, 10:54 PM

from the seti site.
OUTAGE NOTICE. On 7/16/2002 there will be some maintenance work performed along our network path to the PAIX, where Cogent picks us up. This work will be done between 10:00 and 14:00 UT. Within this window there will likely be a 30 to 90 minute data server connectivity outage.

Just a reminder that if you don't want to be unable to connect during that time you can use the team seti proxy.
just point your client to seti.macnn.com port 5517
Just remember, you need to be connected to the proxy BEFORE the outage, or else it won't help you at all.

--Scott
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

SkiBikeSki
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2002, 12:49 AM

Somehow I don't think that will really affect me. The only CPU I have running SETI is a Celeron 600, running 3.0.7 with graphics on all the time, so it takes about 150 hours to complete each unit!
-- SBS --

Forum Links
Forum Rules