Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Any Other "Apple Business Agent" Drop-Outs?

Any Other "Apple Business Agent" Drop-Outs?
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2006, 03:40 AM

Did anyone else get the letter from Apple saying that come October 31st, they are no longer an Apple Business Agent? Apparently if you don't sell $20,000 of Apple stuff per year, you're not worthy. I got the letter yesterday saying I was out. I figured this was coming though, as every time Apple did something stupid, I would bitch her out. She even had the nerve to tell me that the reason my customers had to manually enter my god-awful agent ID by hand was because "they don't have the technology yet". Ummmmmmm $_GET['id'] wow that was real hard. Just because you as a sales manager have no technical know how, don't assume we don't. Idiots. Besides the fact that they go out of they're way to try and snake you out of your commission, who are they marketing this program to anyway? The same people that make money by REPAIRING people's broken macintoshes. So if I turned into a salesman and sold all my customers new macs every time they broke, I'd sell enough stuff to stay in the Business Agent program, and I'd go broke from only making these tiny commissions and never doing any repair work. Literally since day one, I was at odds with them about this. This is the most un-Apple like thing I've ever seen Apple do.

One thing I never did was use my 20% off Demo coupon. I just logged into the agent store to see if I could use one now and it says none are available. Are there no coupons for anyone, or just for people that are getting the axe. Are they trying to stop us all from rushing out and using the coupons right before our membership ends? I've never used any BA demo coupons and now is the perfect time for me to use one. I'm hoping they don't use this one last opportunity to screw us over one last time.

marden
Baninated
Oct 12, 2006, 04:37 AM

I am not an ABA but I can understand your frustration and have stayed away from Apple's doings (other than owning their machine) ever since I first got a whiff of what they are like. What you experience is only slightly surprising. I feel about Apple much as I believe some here do about the U.S. govt. I'm wary of them, I think I know their nature well enough to know I want as little to do with them as possible and only as much as is necessary.

Good luck.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2006, 03:14 PM

Apple came out with Demo coupons today. So at least they aren't completely screwing me over. The program is still a sham though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules