Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > BAR at top of finder windows - getting to stick

BAR at top of finder windows - getting to stick
kevs
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2019, 11:25 PM

What is the bar/ header called at top of finder windows: file name, date created? I have still long running issue that I drag it out distance I like (for file name) and then measurement does not stick even till next day!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2019, 12:54 AM

Can someone babelfish this for me?

-t

Thorzdad
Feb 4, 2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Can someone babelfish this for me?
His Finder windows are in List View and he seems to have trouble getting the adjustable spacings of the header items (file name, date modified, size, kind) to fix in place.

Kevs, the adjustments are dependent on what folder you are looking at. For example, if you are looking in the Documents folder, you might have the space between File Name and Date Modified very wide. Every time you open the Documents folder, that spacing should still be that way.

However, those settings are unique for each folder. The spacing you have set for the Documents folder, does not apply to any sub-folder in Documents. You have to also set them in the sub-folders to be the way you want. For example, if you have a sub-folder in Documents called Recipes, it will not inherit the same header spacings as Documents. You'll have to adjust the Recipes folder to be how you want.

The unique spacings for the different folders should stick once you've adjusted them.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2019, 07:16 PM

Thanks T,
Ok they had a name for this.. can't remember.. but do they stick.. I'm noticing, with many folders having to reset it.

Anyway, makes sens all different, as some filenames are longer...

Forum Links
Forum Rules