Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 13)
Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
They really need a way to view challenges, titles, emblems and the like online. I wonder what the deal is.
Actually I was going to ask if they had a website, Like Bungie has for Halo, but I guess you just answered my question.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
What weapons are you guys using? Are you trying not to waste ammo?

I have to admit, I haven't used much other than the FAMAS (Though the RPD is raping death, but I use SP on that). I was using the M16 last night and it seems awful from sniping distances I can use my FAMAS on, and ACOG sucked so hard I need SP. It was so-so with the damage-reducing silencer.

Silenced/unsilenced?
I have bling, but not bling pro yet.

Class 1 - M4A1 with grenade launcher and thermal scope
- PP2000 with red dot

Class 2 - Vector with Rapid Fire
- AA-12 Shotgun

Class 3 - SCAR with grenade launcher and red dot (I think)
- AT4-HS launcher

Class 4 - Barrett Sniper with silencer (bad at the sniper for some reason)
- PP2000 with silencer (when I get bling pro will at red dot or better)

I can hit a guy far off with the M4A1 with red dot, but give me a sniper rifle and I can't shoot anything. I gotta practice with it. You're supposed to be able to steady the sway by pressing the right toggle, but it doesn't seem to help that much.

Class 5 - M4A1 with silencer and red dot
- AT4-HS launcher

I tend to use Class 4 on Wasteland and sometimes on that map with the downed aircraft in the desert, and Class 1 and 5 on other maps. Actually, I think I changed Class 3 to have a TAR-21 which I use instead of class 1 and 5 sometimes.

Not sure what to use class 2 for. Occasionally use it for the map with the offices and helicopter in the middle.

I've almost mastered the M4A1 challenges and was looking at moving on to the TAR-21.
( Last edited by Leonard; Nov 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM. )
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2009, 05:29 AM

I played TDM with 17 other people on Rust last night.

Don't do it. Its ******* sh1te.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2009, 11:36 AM

17... Ground War?

---

So I opened up a game last night 24-0 and could have been even higher. Allow me to elaborate.

Wasteland (This is key). Opening Spawn, I immediately make way to prevent flanking, I pause as I pass a bunker entrance and catch someone exiting. First Blood, by Throwing Knife.

Next, pick off a guy or two (going prone in the grass is huge, even if you're not in a Ghillie suit). At one point I get bum rushed, but the guy isn't certain where I am, then I get double bum-rushed, and somehow survive (In between I use a Predator Missile (5) which I think nailed someone who was after me). After that I run for another area with my streak, scared to death I'm going to get picked off by a sniper.

At the new area (with team mates again) I get another kill for the Harrier (7). Well placed bombing run and I'm near in business. Magically, it barely gets any kills while hovering but finally pushes me to 11 and...

Chopper Gunner. There is no map where this is more broken. I got around 11 kills with it (possibly more), and I was shot down early plus the last few shots I fired showed I was hitting spawns (painkiller). ****ing crazy.

---

Now I think killstreak load-outs per custom class is dumb - custom killstreak load-outs per map would make much more sense.

Anyway, I'm working through a few of the early Killstreak challenges (hence why I had Chopper Gunner equipped, though I may try that trio again next time I see wasteland)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2009, 11:50 AM

BTW, almost two days played and I still am not that close to Prestiging. Ridiculous.

downinflames68
Baninated
Nov 25, 2009, 03:12 PM

I can't believe you guys all use Microshaft's system. Lame.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2009, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by downinflames68 View Post
I was waiting for that. Calling it "Microshaft" is lame.

Do you have some kind of logical argument as to why we shouldn't be using it, outside of hating MS?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2009, 03:20 PM

What weapons are you guys using? Are you trying not to waste ammo? Silenced/unsilenced?

Anyway, I'm not trying to talk you guys out of HC or anything, but I think you guys are a little addicted to the "shoot it and it dies" aspect much like I'm addicted to non-HC people moving enough that I can get the drop on them.
Now, ACR, always. I found that I couldn't help myself from wasting ammo with the fully auto weaps when not using SP on standard games. I like the shoot and scoot method, but you take a big risk on non HC if you didn't put the guy down straight away. It wasn't 'comfortable'. I only use silenced weapons on non-HC matches.

boycookie and I had a pretty cursed run last night. I think I saw him finish with a neg at one point. Both of us were getting pretty shitty connections all night. Team mates, too.
One time I finish negative
lol, I get AT LEAST one -ve game per night. I blame poor ping. The 23-8s and 17-3s make up for it.

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I use every AR, mostly the SCAR and FAMAS though. In TDM with the SCAR I use Scavenger because the damn thing runs out of ammo quickly, but no, I don't try and save ammo, getting the kill is my first priority.
Exactly my case. Without scavenger or stopping power the Scar is useless.

I'll be joining you occasionally, for the HC challenges and for the experience, but by and large I'll be sticking with TDM. Thanks to getting freakin' Wasteland the last time I jumped in with you I realized they should have an achieve/challenge for distance covered while crawling on your belly.
Yeah, wasteland in HC is a camp-fest...god I hate that map.
You heathens, Wasteland was developed by the great CoD Deity himself!!!

I have a decent handle on it in regular TDM, but its a poorly designed map through and through. Supposedly its a remake of some old map.
Remake of a CoD2 map called Brecourt

17... Ground War?
No, private match. Sorry, sh1te private match.

BTW, almost two days played and I still am not that close to Prestiging. Ridiculous.
Good, maybe I'll catch up.

I'm not getting much MW2 time atm, and last night was all private matches. I really need a good session to try and rank up a bit. Maybe this weekend.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2009, 03:31 PM

I know, right? I should've gotten a PS3 then I could have played a shitty port of The Orange Box and a shitty port of Fallout 3 (two amazing games) on their shitty uncomfortable controller. Yes, I've used the PS3 quite a bit playing Call of Duty: World at War and I feel the 360 controller is miles ahead. Not to mention one of my favorite games, Halo 3, is 360-exclusive and it was Halo 2 and Xbox Live that sold me on a 360 in the first place. XBL is also way ahead of PSN.

Then there's Bluray, which I don't need, built-in wireless, which I don't have, and the fact that if I bought one when it first came out (after owning a 360 for over a year) then I would've had to sell a kidney to get one.

My best friend has a PS3 and 360 hooked up to a 46" 1080p LCD. Guess which one is used only to watch movies.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2009, 03:34 PM

What's the matter? Can't find anyone to play with on that other system?

p.s. - I own a PS3 as well but all my friends are on xbox live. Whenever a non-exclusive multiplayer game is released (like MW2), guess which system I'll be playing it on?

p.p.s. - Do you own Little Big Planet? I need help with the 2 player challenges.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2009, 04:03 PM

What can I say? Dakar's post count persuaded me that the Xbox 360 was the way to go.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2009, 06:29 PM

Tonight will start what will end up being 4 days of MW2, with short breaks for things like sleep and eating. I'm going to see if my brother wants to try out a riot shield for me to hide behind, but the main goal is reaching level 70 and finishing off head shots for a couple weapons. I don't plan on prestige-ing, but I'm going to unlock all the golden weapons like I did in CoD4.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2009, 06:57 PM

Um, there are no Golden Weapons.

Bug I'll be on and off like crazy this weekend as well.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2009, 08:01 PM

what?! i quit.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2009, 11:00 PM

what?! i quit.
Yeah, I'd like to see you quit. I don't think so. This stuff is addictive.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2009, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see you quit. I don't think so. This stuff is addictive.
Quitting is easy, I do it all the time.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 26, 2009, 05:13 AM

At least prestige levels give you something else this time, instead of just a poxy badge like in CoD4. Might actually be worthwhile.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 26, 2009, 03:16 PM

Well Dakar, boy8cookie and I went 21-0 last night. I'm not sure if they continued the streak but when I signed off that was the score. For about 90% of those matches we were the top 3 players on our team, and a few times I was actually able to out-pace the kill-machine known as boy8.

I also was able to increase my K/D from 1.07 to 1.13.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2009, 07:57 PM

Well Dakar, boy8cookie and I went 21-0 last night. I'm not sure if they continued the streak but when I signed off that was the score. For about 90% of those matches we were the top 3 players on our team, and a few times I was actually able to out-pace the kill-machine known as boy8.

Dakar and I kept playing until we lost, which was 4 matches later; that put us at 25-0, matching Dakar's previous streak of 25 wins in a row. I was ridiculously tired by the time we stopped, but it was a great stint. Looking forward to more in the upcoming days.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 26, 2009, 10:45 PM

I fought a bit to get some of them to pick up a PS3 several months ago, but no go. I've been PS3-only for over a year now.
[EDIT] - ...but yeah, might go dual-system this weekend.

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Do you own Little Big Planet? I need help with the 2 player challenges.
I haven't hopped on LBP in several months. I'd be willing to go back and do this though. I have the urge for some more LBP trophies.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2009, 01:08 AM

And here's a prime example of a douche bag fanboy who's got nothing to contribute to a thread and then doesn't have the balls to respond to his idiotic statement.

I guess nobody else here has completed the achievements?

So how many hours will it take to prestige for the average gamer?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 27, 2009, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
I'm convinced that it depends on the gametype played. I'm not quite sure what the return is for X mins of each type but if you get a headshot kill in HC S&D its 1000 points. HC HQ can really boost your rank as well, I think more so than HC TDM, but maybe not by much.

I reckon that the average Joe with 24hours of multi, would be around the 50 mark.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 27, 2009, 05:07 AM

If there are any lurkers in the thread that haven't bought MW2 yet. Amazon has a black friday deal. 12 month subscription to xbox live is only $30 when you buy MW2.

edit. Oooh. Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360 & PS3 is only $30 during the next 5 hours. I may jump on this.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 27, 2009, 05:19 AM

edit. Oooh. Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360 & PS3 is only $30 during the next 5 hours. I may jump on this.
I have heard lots and lots of people say that Batman AA is very very good.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Nov 27, 2009, 05:20 AM

There is a good Cider port for the Mac on a private torrent site which I wont mention the name of.
Works perfectly.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 27, 2009, 05:58 AM

...Oooh. Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360 & PS3 is only $30 during the next 5 hours. I may jump on this.
Jumped on that one as soon as I saw it. There was no helping myself.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 27, 2009, 06:03 AM

And I from 1.78 to 1.83. And my accuracy hit 20.00%.

Dakar and I kept playing until we lost, which was 4 matches later; that put us at 25-0, matching Dakar's previous streak of 25 wins in a row. I was ridiculously tired by the time we stopped, but it was a great stint. Looking forward to more in the upcoming days.
ACtually we went 26-0 and you can probably blame me for the Wasteland loss, because I was so tired of that map at that point that I was using the Riot SHield for a couple lives (not too unsuccessfully)

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I fought a bit to get some of them to pick up a PS3 several months ago, but no go.
Well, what do you expect. It's like trying to talk people into buying a second car. What's the point?

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Tough question. I'm not confident I'll be hitting 70 with 3 full days played. Now, I don't kill as much as other people, but I do get lots of bonuses and a decent amount of challenges done. Winning helps, too and I do a lot of that. The annoying part is, if I run 'n gunned and got twice the kills but a terrible k/d, I'd probably level faster.

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I have heard lots and lots of people say that Batman AA is very very good.
Excellent. It may feel a little repetitive by the end, but worth it.

---

If mdc is around he needs to tell the story of how he got a 24 killstreak.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 27, 2009, 05:06 PM

I'm approaching 55 with 1d19h in, I too constantly check challenges and usually get 1000+ points in kills per game.

I wouldn't be surprised to prestige with around 3d of gaming in.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 27, 2009, 08:26 PM

If mdc is around he needs to tell the story of how he got a 24 killstreak.
I was playing on Rundown with my killstreaks setup as Care Package, Harrier, and the Chopper Gunner. When I got that killstreak I was using the FAMAS with holographic scope and the heartbeak sensor. I got the 7 kills and then the harrier bumped me up to 11. Once I had the Chopper Gunner it was fairly easy to 24.

I have changed my killstreak setup to Harrier, Chopper Gunner, and Nuke since I was so close to getting 25 kills last time.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2009, 08:56 AM

OK I don't fully understand the killstreaks. You get your care package at 4, you get a heli (the one that you don't control) - do the kills add to your existing kill streak? I know that the aircraft where you control the shooting contribute (Cobra, AC-130) but the bombers and stuff?

In HC TDM I *think* that you only get kills credited to your kill streak if you are 'controlling' the killing if you know what I mean.

Please correct me.

Be nice if you could have different killstreaks for different classes.

Finally, when did the HC HQ (Ricochet something-or-other) game sneak in? I'm sure that it wasn't there at the beginning.

Really finally, lost my cherry last night - got nuked.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 28, 2009, 06:06 PM

Kills will only go towards your killstreak if you earned them through normal means. Which means that kills garnered by Care Package rewards (anything from a Predator Missile to AC-130) will not count towards the kill streak.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 30, 2009, 11:33 AM

Weekend Cleanup:

• Sorry for ditching you Bogues, but I really hate Domination. This was summed up by the fact that we won handily, but two guys on the other team pretty much raped us. I'm up for Spec Ops anytime, though.

• For a guy who almost hates TDM, sek, you sure put a hell of a lot of time in. this weekend. Good times, for the most part.

• Once again, the trio of boycookie, sek and I are nigh unstoppable.

• speaking of boycookie, I'd recommend Prestiging just once. Sure the only tangible benefit is the extra custom class, but it also opens up a bunch more callsigns, including all the weapons, their emblems, and Prestige Challenges.

• I did manage Prestige (In just under 3 days of gametime, ugh). The Grenadier class is such a great fit for me I went 17-4 my first game as a lvl 1.

• On the flip-side, I thought I was overrating Ninja, but unless I was unlucky last night, the amount of HBS deaths I have was ridic. I guess Ninja is one of the perks that, when it's working, you don't know it.

• Also, without Ninja Pro I feel I have all the subtlety of a Clydesdale. Crouch walking is soooo slow.

• Best Killstreak set-up yet: Predator Missile (5), Harrier Strike (7), Pavelow (9). Assuming the assholes aren't very pro-rocket.

• BTW, Harrier + Pavelow at the same time is a fantastic dick move. I managed this combo early in an Afghan game and was rewarded with 23 kills when no one on either team had higher than 8.

• I'm currently one game below lvl 15.

• I still say the frag grenades fuse is longer than CoD4. And it seems shorter if you hold it in your hand. And the rolling seems to hurt its usefulness.

• For my money, holding down the bunker in Afghan is some of the most fun to be had.

• Those model 1887s are as broken as people say they are.

• There appear to be "hidden" challenges. They unlock callsigns and give XP, but they aren't listed in any of the Challenges.

• Finally, sek commented on my <3 title. Its from the "Misery loves Company" challenge, and I recommend every one complete it, because it's a riot.
Basically, you need to cook a grenade so long it goes off in your hands. But you need to take someone with you. I finally got this on a game on Rundown I jumped into the middle of - spotted a guy entering a house. I pulled the pin (hoping he wouldn't hear) then Ninja hustled my ass to catch-up behind him. He jumped out a window and unknowingly almost lost me, but I persevered. I honestly wish I could've seen the look on his face when he died, because there was nary a hint of anything before we went up in smoke (I think I took a car with us, too). Oh, finished the game 1-1.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2009, 12:09 PM

Well done Dakar. I was wondering when you'd post.

So, are you going to try and complete loads of achievements or is the next Prestige level your goal?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 30, 2009, 12:14 PM

Achievements?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2009, 12:38 PM

Achievements?
Uh ... 200 kills using the HBAR with the thermal scope type achievements. Complete them I mean.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 30, 2009, 12:41 PM

You mean challenges.

Seriously people, the word "achievements" has one meaning on the 360.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2009, 12:53 PM

My buddy who used to play WaW with me always called them achievements, man that pissed me off.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2009, 01:15 PM

• For a guy who almost hates TDM, sek, you sure put a hell of a lot of time in. this weekend. Good times, for the most part.
I only do well with you and/or boy8cookie. Probably because you guys tend to flank and play conservatively aggressive. I can't stand playing with a team that all run in the same goddamn direction at the start of the match. That said it's true that many of my best games have been in TDM, and my K/D is way closer to even when I play HC.

• Once again, the trio of boycookie, sek and I are nigh unstoppable.
It's something about our combined styles of play. I tend to be a little more aggressive then you but it works out since you are usually there to watch my flank. I think we usually seek solitude, away from the herd. One thing I can't stand is creeping up to get a shot on someone only to look behind me and see 4 dudes all clusterf**king. I feel like screaming "Spread the field, spread the field!"

• Also, without Ninja Pro I feel I have all the subtlety of a Clydesdale. Crouch walking is soooo slow.
I was laughing about that comment last night, I too cannot stand how much sound my cinder-block shoes make when running around. I play with headphones mostly and quite a bit of my kills start off as me hearing another guy stomping around. Once I prestige I think I'll miss Ninja Pro and Cold-Blooded the most.

Now for my own thoughts.

-SMGs are useless in TDM, at any range.

-I really like the ACR, great accuracy, range and not much kickback. It's my primary AR.

-If I actually pick a class that has a rocket launcher I'll always get beaten to the punch shooting down a heli or harrier. This has made me entirely forget about the launchers.

-I've noticed very few people have UAVs in their killstreaks as I very rarely hear them, as compare to CoD4 or WaW.

-My go-to weapon is the AUG HBAR w/ Holographic and Grip, I am getting very close to 500 kills with it.

-Favorite secondary weapon is the M93 Raffica, by far. Sometimes in HC I find myself getting most of my kills with it, especially in sniper maps.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2009, 01:17 PM

Oh yeah, mattyb, I've passed you up thoroughly...hehe.

Edit: Looks like the double-shotguns have fans at Penny Arcade.
( Last edited by sek929; Nov 30, 2009 at 01:34 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 30, 2009, 03:23 PM

I only do well with you and/or boy8cookie. Probably because you guys tend to flank and play conservatively aggressive. I can't stand playing with a team that all run in the same goddamn direction at the start of the match. That said it's true that many of my best games have been in TDM, and my K/D is way closer to even when I play HC.
I am all abut not getting killed from behind. It is my pet peeve and my accolades point to this. So yeah, I have a certain amount of awareness and vigilance about such things which can be beneficial to team mates.

It's something about our combined styles of play. I tend to be a little more aggressive then you but it works out since you are usually there to watch my flank. I think we usually seek solitude, away from the herd. One thing I can't stand is creeping up to get a shot on someone only to look behind me and see 4 dudes all clusterf**king. I feel like screaming "Spread the field, spread the field!"
I a little too late in my Prestige run did I realize that hanging out with team mates while Ninja and Coldblooded was as dumb as staying near people when an air strike is imminent. That said, spawns can kind of **** you that way.

I was laughing about that comment last night, I too cannot stand how much sound my cinder-block shoes make when running around. I play with headphones mostly and quite a bit of my kills start off as me hearing another guy stomping around. Once I prestige I think I'll miss Ninja Pro and Cold-Blooded the most.
Honestly cold-blooded isn't a big deal, I just cower in buildings, which isn't that different from camping. I did enjoy wandering around maps with impunity when Harriers and Pavelows were in the air, though.

Now for my own thoughts.

-SMGs are useless in TDM, at any range.
Yeah, seems like consensus since day one. I tried using one and ditched it because of no HBS.

If I actually pick a class that has a rocket launcher I'll always get beaten to the punch shooting down a heli or harrier. This has made me entirely forget about the launchers.
This is the biggest point of contention on my stealth class (well this and grenade vs. throwing knife). The maps where I use the class don't see much air support, so it seems like a waste of second weapon, but on the other hand, if the team is getting raped by something, I now have no recourse because I didn't have enough slots to create a duplicate class with a launcher.

Not to mention on some runs I need the secondary because I'll run out of ammo.

(Edit: I think this time round I'll be more proactive about destroying enemy UAVs with the Stinger)

I've noticed very few people have UAVs in their killstreaks as I very rarely hear them, as compare to CoD4 or WaW
Yeah, I called that going in. I think a Hardline/UAV/Counter UAV SPAM class would be fun, though.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2009, 04:46 PM

Also, what point does the Emergency Airdrop serve? If nothing else it really, really gives your enemies a target to spam nades.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2009, 04:58 PM

I only do well with you and/or boy8cookie. Probably because you guys tend to flank and play conservatively aggressive. I can't stand playing with a team that all run in the same goddamn direction at the start of the match.
I play alot of TDM (well maybe not as much as Dakar), and tend to be one that goes his own way. I typically don't follow the pack. But alot of times the pack does split into 2. Of course then, like Final Dakar says, you risk getting stabbed in the back. I know how that feels, had it happen too often. Killcam is helpful to see where you picked up a tail. Now I started adding claymore to my equipment to hopefully reduce that, if I remember to use the dang claymore.

The other thing that's happened to me is I'll backtrack to call in my care package in a safe place, just to run into an enemy I wasn't expecting.

I'll probably try a few of the other gametypes, but Sabotage didn't impress me. Maybe I'll try CTF. There seem to be accolades for those.
( Last edited by Leonard; Nov 30, 2009 at 05:14 PM. )
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 30, 2009, 04:59 PM

Going solo isn't exactly better. Team mates are helpful if they're not stupid. I'd much rather travel with sek of boycookie than run alone.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2009, 06:03 PM

Going solo isn't exactly better. Team mates are helpful if they're not stupid. I'd much rather travel with sek of boycookie than run alone.
You like following me so you can steal my kills with your noob tube

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 30, 2009, 06:11 PM

Bah, you stole way more of the ones I was eyeing. Maybe it was Fatty, but the only kill I remember stealing was by knife.

Speaking of tubes, though, the highlight of the weekend was probably on Sub Base when we were getting hammered by that cold-blooded pack of monkeys and I caught a quintuplet running and nailed three of them with a thumper grenade. Oh if only I had found them a second earlier I might have nailed 4 or 5...

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2009, 08:44 PM

Bah, you stole way more of the ones I was eyeing. Maybe it was Fatty, but the only kill I remember stealing was by knife.
Less eyeing, more shooting... or are you protecting that 20% accuracy rating?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2009, 09:31 PM

Yeah, team-mates make good bait. They run pass me into the guy waiting around the corner to get shot faster than I can say WOAH. Joking aside. Yes there are some good things about team-mates.

I did find a good camping spot on Skidrow... it looks down a long hallway that everybody seems to run through. Got some nice shots - even between my teammates saving them once or twice.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 1, 2009, 11:31 AM

Less eyeing, more shooting... or are you protecting that 20% accuracy rating?
No, I don't give a ****. I'm on a slow burst weapon. I have to make my first shot count.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2009, 11:31 AM

I tried Hardcore Team Deathmatch for the first time last night and it's tough, but I rather enjoyed the slower pace of the game. A friend is playing Free For All but I really don't enjoy it since it's so fast paced.
Hardcore slows things down a lot since friendly fire is on and you can't run into a room and somehow survive a few shots and get kills.

Not have any hud is bizarre, but cool.

I doubt it'll replace Team Deathmatch for me, but it's a fun alternative.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2009, 12:07 PM

HC S&D is even slower, while HC HQ is still quite dynamic. I played HC HQ on Wasteland the other night and suffered at the hands of two very very young snipers. Must learn to block all comms with people not on the friends list.

I'm getting less and less time actual gaming atm. I recently joined a clan - originally just for laughs - but they have gotten into having matches every night and of course one gets no points towards ranking from matches.

I have to find time to work on my ranking. Bad enough that Dakar did it, but two MacNN/Halo boys prestiging before me would be downright painful.

Forum Links
Forum Rules