Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > I need help ASAP, crazy error.

I need help ASAP, crazy error.
JustinHorne
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2007, 04:43 PM

I. Suck.

I SOMEHOW mapped my expose Desktop and All Windows buttons to my right and left mouse buttons, in OS X. I realized my mistake instantly, but couldn't change it.

I can't CLICK! Every time I do, it activates Dashboard! This. SUCKS. Also, I did it in the main OS X preferances, not the mouse specif prefs, so it's sytem wide. Is there some com.apple.mouse of something? Bearin mind, any instructions you give me have to be done with keyboard shortcuts (and please specify them too...)

Gah, I need help bad guys, thanks.
EDIT: I have a TM backup, and tried to restory my whole Prefs folderfrom earlier today, but it needs a password, and I can't to fill in the password box....

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2007, 04:44 PM

LOL! OK, chill - I'll look up the key shortcuts...
Do you have spotlight bound to Apple-Space?

JustinHorne  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by peeb View Post
LOL! OK, chill - I'll look up the key shortcuts...
Do you have spotlight bound to Apple-Space?
Yeah, I can get to Spotlight.
EDIT: What I had done was use SL to get to sys prefs, and use the Sys prefs search to get to the expose tab. Unfortunately, because my curser was in the Sys Prefs search, I couldn't tab out to get to the drop down menu.

JustinHorne  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2007, 05:08 PM

Ok, I got it figured out!
I plugged in my USB mouse, used the scroll wheel (cmd+click), which selected the drop down box, and I was able to scroll down and hit enter and choose one...

Thanks much for trying to help. Apple needs to make it so that the left click cannot be mapped to something, that was a major freak out...

Thansk much, again, for trying to help.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 14, 2007, 07:21 PM

I'm glad you got this sorted out, but next time try a better title. Something like "Accidentally Mapped my Mouse Buttons! Can't Click!", in spite of the unnecessary exclamation points, would have been better.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules