Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Why does Pages ask me to save when there are no changes?

Why does Pages ask me to save when there are no changes?
gberz3
Forum Regular
Sep 8, 2008, 06:00 PM

Hi All,

Just a small annoyance when it comes to Pages. My question is: Why does Pages ask me to save after printing? It becomes quite frustrating when I open a document, print a copy without changing a single thing, then quit Pages, and it asks me if I wish to save the document. Is there some kind of preference I can set in the terminal to turn this off?

Best

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Sep 8, 2008, 07:31 PM

Pages keeps track of the number of times the document has been printed, and the time of the most recent print. This data is stored inside the Pages document itself, so technically a change is made when you print. No idea how to turn it off though.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

Forum Links
Forum Rules