Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari-Yahoo Mail Chat

Safari-Yahoo Mail Chat
Douglashh
Mac Enthusiast
May 25, 2011, 04:56 PM

I use Yahoo mail and occasionally use the chat feature that is part of yahoo mail. Since upgrading to the latest version of Safari the yahoo mail chat will not load. It just sticks on 'loading' and never completes loading so I can use chat. Yahoo Mail Chat will load and operate normally with FireFox.

Is this a problem for anyone or any ideas how to be able to access Yahoo Mail Chat using Safari. I've deleted Safari cache and removed all yahoo cookies and tried Safari in both 32 and 64 bit mode with no results.

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2011, 09:02 PM

Sounds like some incompatibility due to the upgrade, something got broken. Nothing you can do until yahoo updates their code. Just use Firefox, or if you don't like the interface, try Camino.

Douglashh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 28, 2011, 01:12 AM

Problem solved. There is a conflict with ClicktoFlash Safari Extension.

The ClicktoFlash Plugin does not have the conflict.

Forum Links
Forum Rules