Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > What do y'all think of a WoW subforum?

What do y'all think of a WoW subforum? (Page 2)
The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2005, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
Sure. If it will get rid of the trolling idiots (Ca$h and iMac Man), I'm all for it.

Oh, I'm an idiot eh? When was the last time you contributed anything to this forum?
-iMac
(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)

Get Mac Game Mods Here: Macologist.org

jeffB
Nov 16, 2005, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by The iMac Man
Oh, I'm an idiot eh? When was the last time you contributed anything to this forum?
please troll on topic if you're going to troll.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 16, 2005, 03:27 PM

I've posted many times in this forum, but I don't resort to trolling in threads about games that I don't like.

You know what? If I see a thread regarding a game I don't care for, I do something novel... I don't post in it. I know this is a concept that may be foreign to you, but you just might want to try it out. This also goes for Ca$h, but he has OCD (and some type of learning disability), so I can more easily understand his shortcomings.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

baw
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2005, 09:03 PM

I don't see what the big deal is about WoW. Don't post in the threads concerning WoW, it is really simple.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2005, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by jeffB
please troll on topic if you're going to troll.

You obviously have no idea what it means to troll, because you are the one trolling here.
-iMac

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Nov 16, 2005, 10:34 PM

I really don't care who's trolling, I just think WOW should have it's own forum so they can all pump each others balls about what level they're at.

mhuie
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2005, 11:28 PM

Coming from the guy who thinks TIFFs are higher quality than PNG because the files are bigger
MBP 1.83

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 16, 2005, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by SuvsareRetarded
I really don't care who's trolling,

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2005, 05:15 AM

Just ban cash and the iMac man from the Mac Games forum, and life goes on?

jeffB
Nov 17, 2005, 10:42 AM

You obviously have no idea what it means to troll, because you are the one trolling here.
i'm not the one being called a troll by several other posters?

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Peter
Just ban cash and the iMac man from the Mac Games forum, and life goes on?

Ban me!? I've done nothing wrong here, and I'm one of the few people who hangs out here to help people with their problems. Unfortunately though, this forum is dead now and the only people who post here anymore are posting redundant topics about WoW.
-iMac

Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2005, 03:27 PM

IMO the Mac gaming scene is just as good/bad as it has always been. We are however drowning in WoW threads. Please, for the rest of us who do not play that game, make a subforum.

cheers

W-Y

“Building Better Worlds”

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2005, 03:32 PM

I see alot of posts for it, might as well.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 17, 2005, 07:22 PM

WoW is not a static game. New content is added, new abilities, new events, so on and so on. It's not as if there is never something new to discuss. Are there too many threads? Perhaps. The leeeeroy thread is a perfect example.

However, If a moderator would just close threads that have been discussed before, or don't cover new content, problem solved.

WoW is an extremely "large" game with literally thousands of permutations of character/classs/server type/playstyle. With all the choices available comes a lot of discussion, some of which to a casual observer would seem to be "all the same".

How about this. In the Applications forum we have ONE thread for iTunes, ONE thread for Safari, ONE thread for iMovie, ONE thread for iPhoto. That should work great, no?

blizzard  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 17, 2005, 07:58 PM

OK, the debate's over. The admins don't feel it's necessary.

Thanks for all your input everyone, but we're carrying on with the status quo for now. It really wouldn't be a problem if certain members of the forum simply ignored threads they didn't want to read. Or, maybe people who strongly feel the other way could simply filter the posts by those two members out so they don't have to read them any more.

Just some suggestions.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Nov 17, 2005, 09:03 PM

If you had a WOW subforum perhaps there would be fewer WOW posts, as it would be easier to find WOW information.

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Nov 17, 2005, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by AKcrab
WoW is an extremely "large" game with literally thousands of permutations of character/classs/server type/playstyle. With all the choices available comes a lot of discussion, some of which to a casual observer would seem to be "all the same".
I don't see how someone asking 'how well' WOW will run on their 12" powerbook needs 4 threads. Do you?

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 17, 2005, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by SuvsareRetarded
I don't see how someone asking 'how well' WOW will run on their 12" powerbook needs 4 threads. Do you?
Nope, not at all. Lock 3, with a reminder to search. Come on ca$h, you know about locking threads. Even if WoW had a sub-forum, why would I want to see 4 threads about a 12" powerbook? I would expect 3 to get locked.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2005, 09:42 PM

Ah, ya gotta love it...

I've been posting here for years, helping people and informing people of my CoD mod ports. I post in a couple WoW threads, and that's all anyone notices, and now I'm somehow tagged as the bad guy. People only notice the bad things, and couldn't care less about the good.

The moderators here obviously have no desire to help this forum keep its head above water, and it's showing... this forum has dropped in activity since I began posting here, and is now practically dead. And, no, this is not a sign of the Mac gaming community... it's these forums. The IMG forums are perfectly alive and kicking, and the WoW threads are nowhere near as overwhelming as they are here.

I think my efforts are best spent elsewhere. Somewhere where the moderators know how to keep the topics in line and where the posters have appreciation for the people who are there to help. Somewhere like IMG.

I find it interesting that most of the people complaining about me in this thread are people I've never once seen attempt to help anyone here with their question or problem, and they certainly aren't creating things for the Mac community, like I am.

Have fun folks.
-iMac

blizzard  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 17, 2005, 11:03 PM

Well, I think that'll about make it a wrap.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

Forum Links
Forum Rules