Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > The Marketplace.

The Marketplace.
osxpinot
Senior User
Oct 3, 2006, 05:14 PM

I'd like to preface this suggestion by saying that I mean no disrespect to anybody who runs this forum.

However, I think the Marketplace has some serious holes and people are being ripped off when something could easily be done. For instance, repeated-scammer Steven Landon made a reappearance on the forums. I noticed that his pismo looked familiar from an older name he had. I called fraud on him. Before he posted the pictures, he threatened various member for accusing him of being a fraud. He personally sent me a message saying he'd find a way to get me banned.

The point is, several members saw through his scam very early. However, the moderators did not. Multiple people were ripped off before he was banned.

This leads me to problem one with the marketplace: it is undermoderated. Not only do these type of threads slip by, but spam threads will remain on here for some time before they get deleted. I understand that moderators should give posters the benefit of the doubt, but it seems they go far with that.

My solution (other than more moderation) is tougher rules by which people are required to follow in the Marketplace.

Here is what I suggest:
1) In order to post something for sale, a person must either have reasonable references, pictures with a username and date, or be for local pickup only.
2) There must be a two week waiting period from registering and being able to post in the marketplace.
3) And obviously, as stated above, much swifter bans and locks on threads that are questionable.
( Last edited by osxpinot; Dec 28, 2006 at 07:50 PM. )

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2006, 07:47 PM

Definetly not local pickup only, that kind of ruins the point of the Marketplace since people would just use Craigslist.org.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2006, 08:49 PM

if you see a scammer member report the post and also PM mods, heck, leave a topic in the feedback forum if it isnt sorted within a few hours.
we don't have time to stop for gas

osxpinot  (op)
Senior User
Oct 3, 2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5
Definetly not local pickup only, that kind of ruins the point of the Marketplace since people would just use Craigslist.org.
No, having local pickup only as an alternative to having a picture or references.

BigBadBiologist
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2006, 12:36 AM

This is pretty much a problem with all FS/FT forums. I was a mod for FS/FT for a while at hardforums and there were like 5 of us restricted to FS/FT and it still wasn't enough to keep everyone from getting trolled.

One forum whose philosophy I really like is PCPer/AMDMB. You have to have a certain post count/time registered to access the FS/FT section. This makes it so the trolls just can't hop on and snag someone (as easily).

The big problem is that buyers need to use some common sense. You can't just send someone with a yahoo e-mail account $2000 (example) by western union without getting any personal info or references.
I love lamp! I love lamp...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by BigBadBiologist
The big problem is that buyers need to use some common sense. You can't just send someone with a yahoo e-mail account $2000 (example) by western union without getting any personal info or references.
Good point.

You can't force common sense in people by overmoderating a forum.

-t

SSharon
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck
Good point.

-t
that being said the mods here have told members not to act as mods. I am guilty of this as I often remind people to post asking prices and such.

Mods: Please let me know if you have a problem with my pointing out the rules in a respectful manner.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

wifeofcash2
Baninated
Oct 16, 2006, 03:40 PM

My husband and I have never been ripped off, and we buy stuff online all the time. It's simple. Before you send any money, or any product, get the contact info, phone number, job, address, etc of the other person. Verify it.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by wifeofcash2
My husband and I have never been ripped off, and we buy stuff online all the time. It's simple. Before you send any money, or any product, get the contact info, phone number, job, address, etc of the other person. Verify it.

motherofrsandborn1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 08:57 PM

He's back! Traders to watch out for.

Originally Posted by osxpinot View Post
I'd like to preface this suggestion by saying that I mean no disrespect to anybody that runs this forum.

However, I think the Marketplace has some serious holes and people are being ripped off when something could easily be done. For instance, repeated-scammer Steven Landon made a reappearance on the forums. I noticed that his pismo looked familiar from an older name he had. I called fraud on him. Before he posted the pictures, he threatened various member for accusing him of being a fraud. He personally sent me a message saying he'd find a way to get me banned.

The point is, several members saw through his scam very early. However, the moderators did not. Multiple people were ripped off before he was banned.

This leads me to problem one with the marketplace: it is undermoderated. Not only do these type of threads slip by, but spam threads will remain on here for some time before they get deleted. I understand that moderators should give posters the benefit of the doubt, but it seems they go far with that.

My solution (other than more moderation) is tougher rules by which people are required to follow in the Marketplace.

Here is what I suggest:
1) In order to post something for sale, a person must either have reasonable references, pictures with a username and date, or be for local pickup only.
2) There must be a two week waiting period from registering and being able to post in the marketplace.
3) And obviously, as stated above, much swifter bans and locks on threads that are questionable.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck View Post
Good point.

-t
Also, artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by motherofrsandborn1 View Post
You need to quit harassing me in any fashion, my boyfriend does not use my account, Like i said before in a previous response, Me and my boyfriend go to local surplus sales and purchase computer equipment and fix up and resell it.. my boyfriends past history is none of anyones concern here as he is not registered here, I am the one registered here and the responsibility of the actions on my account are mine alone. I am an honest person just trying to do honest buisness and I have 2 good references here to back that up.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2006, 11:00 PM

Why would anybody listen to you ?

-t

Railroader
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 11:02 PM

I'll repeat:

Originally Posted by a copy of a post I made in the marketplace
brokecollegestudentF04 is a very reputable seller!

I have bought three items and they are better than advertised. I got a b & w tower, a iMac, and a 17" studio display for about $140 and I could not be happier. Included all hardware accessories.

Awesome seller!

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I'll repeat:
Thanks for sticking up for us railroader...

motherofrsandborn1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 02:09 AM

Why would anybody listen to you ?

-t
You don't have to listen to me, but I know Steven better than anybody ( I am his mother) and I am telling you Steven has not changed, He is using his girfriends account either with or without her permission. Steven HAS posted in his girlfriends account. I can tell by his language skills and if you read the post in his girlfriends account you will see a difference in language styles and syntax. Steven's MO is to stiff traders by not following through with postal trades or claiming the equipment came damaged.

I am guessing, but I think that the trade with railroader may have been a in person trade. I know very little about his girfriend. I can not attest to her credibility, this is not about her credibility or honesty, however read her post below: They both are selling together. When you deal with his girlfriend you are dealing with Steven too.

"Me and my boyfriend go to local surplus sales and purchase computer equipment and fix up and resell it.. my boyfriends past history is none of anyones concern here as he is not registered here, I am the one registered here and the responsibility of the actions on my account are mine alone."

Stevens past on MacNN is everyones business as he is selling, even if it is with another person. The registered user is is just a technicality.

I was only giving a heads up warning as the administrators e-mail does not work. Do a google search (research) <Steven Landon> then decide if you want to purchase something from Steven. While your at it search for rsandborn1 on MacNN (he was banned). This is a repetitve behavior of Stevens.

Warning over!

SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2006, 02:27 AM

Just to be clear. I hope people are making the mental distinction between a banned user because of dishonest marketplace techniques and being banned for breaking general macnn rules (like rob).
I recently bought something from Rob and everything went very smoothly. There are well over 20 emails going back and forth and I would certainly do business with him in the future.

I am not saying that people are, but please don't lump all banned users into the same pot.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 03:18 AM

You don't have to listen to me, but I know Steven better than anybody ( I am his mother) and I am telling you Steven has not changed, He is using his girfriends account either with or without her permission. Steven HAS posted in his girlfriends account. I can tell by his language skills and if you read the post in his girlfriends account you will see a difference in language styles and syntax. Steven's MO is to stiff traders by not following through with postal trades or claiming the equipment came damaged.

I am guessing, but I think that the trade with railroader may have been a in person trade. I know very little about his girfriend. I can not attest to her credibility, this is not about her credibility or honesty, however read her post below: They both are selling together. When you deal with his girlfriend you are dealing with Steven too.

"Me and my boyfriend go to local surplus sales and purchase computer equipment and fix up and resell it.. my boyfriends past history is none of anyones concern here as he is not registered here, I am the one registered here and the responsibility of the actions on my account are mine alone."

Stevens past on MacNN is everyones business as he is selling, even if it is with another person. The registered user is is just a technicality.

I was only giving a heads up warning as the administrators e-mail does not work. Do a google search (research) <Steven Landon> then decide if you want to purchase something from Steven. While your at it search for rsandborn1 on MacNN (he was banned). This is a repetitve behavior of Stevens.

Warning over!

Like I said before I have excellent references with da2003pizimp and railroader, Mrs. Landon you need to stop harrassing me in this manner or post about steven like I said this is my account and and I am soley held responsible for the actions under my account... Now Steven is trying to get his life in order running a legitamite computer sales buisness, We both work together, Steven and I both fix the computers and I do post them here and I have had perfect dealings on here.. Everyone has been happy with the quality of product they recieved from us, Including Railroader.. This is the last Ill ask of you to stop these harassing posts, Im reporting you to the moderators and hopefully they will ban you, and Mrs. Landon these people do not purchase the items from steven as I am the one selling them, When Items are sold the money is sent in my name not stevens.. And if you have a problem with me feel free to call me as you do have the number and people do get everything as described, I have never had anyone complain about any thing I have ever sold and I have done numerous deals on craigslist and 2 perfectly good transactions on here... Now this is the last Ill ask, Stay out of my buisness and Ill stay out of yours...

Rumor
Nov 15, 2006, 02:19 PM

The same Steven Landon that people on Applefritter want to get their hands on?
( Last edited by Rumor; Nov 15, 2006 at 02:42 PM. )
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2006, 02:40 PM

Warning over!
Yes, the admin email account is going to /dev/null.

If you want to get in touch with the mods, it's best to use PM (private messages).
See under QuickLinks in the top navigation bar.

Contact the mods that are in charge of the Marketplace, if you feel you have to report something to them.

-t

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 02:43 PM

He is not a member here I am, and the discussion needs to end about him.. thank you for the swift reply rumor
( Last edited by brokecollegestudentF04; Nov 15, 2006 at 02:45 PM. Reason: content)

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
The same Steven Landon that people on Applefritter want to get their hands on?
Why did you edit out that link ?

Was that not the right guy ?

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by brokecollegestudentF04 View Post
He is not a member here I am, and the discussion needs to end about him.. thank you for the swift reply rumor
It doesn't matter. His dealings still go through you. You are not your own private island.

Rumor
Nov 15, 2006, 04:19 PM

Why did you edit out that link ?

Was that not the right guy ?

-t
I was asked to remove the link.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
It doesn't matter. His dealings still go through you. You are not your own private island.
His dealings do not go through me, its my choice what I choose to post on here not his, If i sell something on here the money is recieved in my name not his, the items are shipped out in my name not his. So lets just end this now, this is all childish crap, hes not posting on the boards, he has nothing to do with anyone on these boards, nor does he want to. Im really sick of the drama and frankly I dont think its anyones buisness who my boyfriend is, And i dont think his past should reflect badly on me as I am not him.. I have excellent references from railroader and da2003pizimp. And have numerous references from the craigslist. I am not attempting to scam anyone here, nor would I ever do such a thing.. The people I have dealt with have been very happy. Now lets end this crap.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 04:33 PM

Let me explain something to you. His business also goes through you. He has burned too many people to be trusted. Maybe he wants to go "legit now" too bad. He has to pay for his actions.

Two good sales doesn't compensate for what looks like a web-wide scam of selling things. Even his own MOTHER is coming on here claiming such. I believe her before I believe you.

So please cut out the righteous indignation act. Their is a reason people are acting this way, and it's a legit reason. Don't like it? Leave.

If you are telling the truth and are legit, well I am sorry. Your boyfriend ruined it for you.

Maybe after months and months of selling LEGIT you might lose the stigma. Till then cut out telling people what they can and cannot talk about.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 04:39 PM

For example you say this.
my boyfriend does not use my account,
Then you say.
Me and my boyfriend go to local surplus sales and purchase computer equipment and fix up and resell it..
While he may not use your ACCOUNT. He is STILL SELLING through YOUR ACCOUNT.

People who don't want to DEAL WITH HIM through PAST ACCOUNTS wont know it's him because you are just his front.

What is going on is dishonest.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2006, 04:44 PM

Deja-vu, anyone ?

-t

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 04:45 PM

Let me explain something to you. His business also goes through you. He has burned too many people to be trusted. Maybe he wants to go "legit now" too bad. He has to pay for his actions.

Two good sales doesn't compensate for what looks like a web-wide scam of selling things. Even his own MOTHER is coming on here claiming such. I believe her before I believe you.

So please cut out the righteous indignation act. Their is a reason people are acting this way, and it's a legit reason. Don't like it? Leave.

If you are telling the truth and are legit, well I am sorry. Your boyfriend ruined it for you.

Maybe after months and months of selling LEGIT you might lose the stigma. Till then cut out telling people what they can and cannot talk about.
But you dont understand this, He does not sell anything, I became a member here because i wanted a decent place to ask questions and do some trading, I am not a scammer and dont appreciate being put in the same group as him. his mother is a nutcase trying to ruin anything and everything that ever trys to go good in any of her kids lives. You do not need to believe his mother because she does not know me.. and I dont need to be chewed out like people like you.. Im a good honest person. The two sales here had nothing to do with him.. they were my items that I sold not his.. So it has nothing to do with him. Your right I cannot tell you what you can and cannot talk about, this is the USA, his mother does not know me from a hatrack.. ive only met the psychotic woman twice. I'll understand if people dont want to deal with me because of who my boyfriend is, but dont judge me for what he's done in the past, I am my own person, im Niesha, not steven.. His name is not on this account here nor does he have my passwords. As far as the painted iBook goes, I painted it, his mother doesnt know crap, we were both showing it to her.. And im not gonna leave the boards due to the fact are are some decent people here and there are 2 people i will most likely continue to deal with. Lets just all chill out and let things die... this is childish anyways to be fighting back and forth over something that happened over 2 years ago that I had nothing to do with.. Whats done is done.. cant change the past

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 04:49 PM

For example you say this.

Then you say.

While he may not use your ACCOUNT. He is STILL SELLING through YOUR ACCOUNT.

People who don't want to DEAL WITH HIM through PAST ACCOUNTS wont know it's him because you are just his front.

What is going on is dishonest.
I am not his front, I purchase the computers and I put them up here, Ill scan a copy of the check next time I go to the sale, see who paid for the machines me.. Niesha Barnhart.. Not him.. My names on the check as is the money in the account that pays for the machines, so what if he works on them.. Hes not the one selling.. I am the one selling

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 04:52 PM

But you dont understand this, He does not sell anything,
You are NOW contradicting yourself. Probably doing so because it's now going against your argument.

You did indeed say you both got things to sell on here. Now you are saying he has nothing to do with it. Either you lied then, or are lying now.
I became a member here because i wanted a decent place to ask questions and do some trading, I am not a scammer and dont appreciate being put in the same group as him.
No one put you in the same group as him. So you have nothing to get your panties in a knot about. As a matter of fact, we have done the opposite.
his mother is a nutcase trying to ruin anything and everything that ever trys to go good in any of her kids lives.
Sounds like to me she is warning people. Looking at the google links she has a reason to. Are you denying your boyfriend didn't scam people?
You do not need to believe his mother because she does not know me..
She never said anything about YOU.
and I dont need to be chewed out like people like you..
I am just telling you to stop acting the victim when people in here have a VERY GOOD REASON to be suspect. You are acting as if they don't. Too bad they do.
Im a good honest person. The two sales here had nothing to do with him.. they were my items that I sold not his.. So it has nothing to do with him.
Those two items maybe. You already told on yourself once when you said you BOTH sold equipment. Too late to back peddle now.
Your right I cannot tell you what you can and cannot talk about, this is the USA, his mother does not know me from a hatrack.. ive only met the psychotic woman twice.
His mother hasn't said anything bad about you. But you've called her a nut-case and accused her of doing things.
I'll understand if people dont want to deal with me because of who my boyfriend is, but dont judge me for what he's done in the past, I am my own person, im Niesha, not steven.. His name is not on this account here nor does he have my passwords. As far as the painted iBook goes, I painted it, his mother doesnt know crap, we were both showing it to her.. And im not gonna leave the boards due to the fact are are some decent people here and there are 2 people i will most likely continue to deal with. Lets just all chill out and let things die... this is childish anyways to be fighting back and forth over something that happened over 2 years ago that I had nothing to do with.. Whats done is done.. cant change the past
You demanding people to shut up is childish. You are dating a scammer. You are gonna have to get used to it.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 04:53 PM

I am not his front, I purchase the computers and I put them up here, Ill scan a copy of the check next time I go to the sale, see who paid for the machines me.. Niesha Barnhart.. Not him.. My names on the check as is the money in the account that pays for the machines, so what if he works on them.. Hes not the one selling.. I am the one selling
Why do you keep ignoring this statement?
Me and my boyfriend go to local surplus sales and purchase computer equipment and fix up and resell it..
Now after being busted for it, you are changing your story and claiming it's just you.

No one is claiming that your boyfriend had anything to do with the LAST TWO sales you had.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2006, 04:56 PM

I am confused. She's sold something that is not legit? As far as I can tell from numerous chats via iChat, she and her boyfriend may go pick up the computers, but she is the one who fixes them up and sells them. Who cares anyway who fixes them up and buys them if they work just fine and are in advertised condition?

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 04:58 PM

Well then im done with this crap believe what you want to believe. im gonna ask the mods and the admins to close this thread.. Im an honest person.. I buy the machines and steven helps me fix them.. big deal.. yes ive read the google threads about him.. if people choose not to do buisness with me because of my boyfriend then fine.. im not out anything.. But when i do buisness with people on here and do a trade I always volunteer to send the item first. Or I deal locally..

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
I am confused. She's sold something that is not legit?
Not that we know of. Her boyfriend who used to have an account here before she registered got banned for scamming people. She admitted they use her account to sell things when they go together and find stuff.

So he is still part of the equation. Regardless of her later changing her story.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 05:00 PM

I am confused. She's sold something that is not legit?
No everything I sold was legit, kevin just has his panties in a bunch because my boyfriend fixes the computers I sell.. But like i said im done with this crap.. believe what you want to belive

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 05:01 PM

Well then im done with this crap believe what you want to believe. im gonna ask the mods and the admins to close this thread.. Im an honest person.. I buy the machines and steven helps me fix them.. big deal.. yes ive read the google threads about him.. if people choose not to do buisness with me because of my boyfriend then fine.. im not out anything.. But when i do buisness with people on here and do a trade I always volunteer to send the item first. Or I deal locally..
Again you keep selling things in a legit way and any questions anyone has about your credibility will wash away.

That doesn't still excuse those that don't want any money going to the scammer at all though.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 05:02 PM

No everything I sold was legit, kevin just has his panties in a bunch because my boyfriend fixes the computers I sell..
Oh so it went from

To Just

My boyfriend fixes the computers I sell..

If you are attempting to paint yourself in a honest way, you aren't doing a great job of it in this forum. Your spins and back peddling is out of control.

The way you keep changing "facts" whenever it suits you or doesn't go your way is very scammerish.

So if you want people to trust you, cut it out.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2006, 05:03 PM

Not that we know of. Her boyfriend who used to have an account here before she registered got banned for scamming people. She admitted they use her account to sell things when they go together and find stuff.

So he is still part of the equation. Regardless of her later changing her story.
If she hasn't sold anything not legit, why worry?

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 05:05 PM

If she hasn't sold anything not legit, why worry?
That is basically what I told her. If she has nothing to hide, don't worry what people say.

But there ARE those that wouldn't want to give money to the guy in any way. He has a huge history of scamming people on the net.

It wasn't just a single incident.

I am sure he DID sell some things legit and made money that way. And probably wants to continue doing so. But can't because of the bannination.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 05:05 PM

Again you keep selling things in a legit way and any questions anyone has about your credibility will wash away.

That doesn't still excuse those that don't want any money going to the scammer at all though.
My money is separate from his.. and thats fine ill continue selling and trading in a legit way.. because I am not a scammer

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 05:11 PM

My money is separate from his.. and thats fine ill continue selling and trading in a legit way.. because I am not a scammer
Well good. I have no problem with you. Other than the back peddling.

Your boyfriend need to stop scamming people however.

Karma is a bitch. The thing about it is, it usually effect those that are apart of that person's life as well. Which sucks.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 05:24 PM

hed rather not deal with people anymore, hes cleaned his act up alot, his mother dont know him very well, he moved as far as he could away from his family because of there emotional banter and stuff, they treat him like crap and tell him that he needs to die and such.. He knows what he did was wrong and hes in the process of trying to locate everything that went to the fritter members to return it, alot of it was lost when he got locked up. But hes trying to make things right. all he thinks about his is 23 month old boy thats all he worries about, just trying to make things good for him, hell that boy hasnt bought anything for himself in forever, all of it goes to his son. Hes a good guy really, just had a rough life growing up and made some very bad mistakes.. He didnt tell me about the stuff on google, i found it and read it and ended up having a very long talk with him.. he agreed to return everything that he ever took from people and what he couldnt return hed find a way to replace or send them cash.. Its gonna take him some time to do it but he knows that is the right thing to do. His time in prison did teach him alot.
And when I post something for sale I will post pictures of it with a username and date in the picture to alleviate any worries anyone might have

And kevin sorry for the back peddling.. when i get a tad bit angry i dont read what i write..

I have no problem with you kevin.. I just happen to be the monkey in the middle, I really didnt want to get involved in this BS but his mother is a little crazy.. I really hate drama

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 05:31 PM

Hey no problem. If what you say is true then good on him. No one here is perfect, and everyone here has done BAD.

The important thing is to admit bad was done, attempt do make good, and not do it to the best of your ability. As no one is perfect.

And yes, it does sound like you are a good person.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2006, 06:44 PM

That's good that he is trying to give back to those he scammed. As you know, Brokecollege, I have no problem with you. I do hope that Steve is truly changing. And like Kevin says, nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes.

Cold Warrior
Nov 15, 2006, 08:07 PM

This thread turned into a freak show fast.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 15, 2006, 08:20 PM

It ended well. That is all that matters.

motherofrsandborn1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 08:51 PM

Its Not over Yet!

Steven does have access to the brokencollegestudentF04 account, that is the issue.

NISHA

YOU SAY: His name is not on this account here nor does he have my passwords.

I SAY: Steven is using and posting in your brokencollegestudentF04 account

Evidence Below:

This post is reference to his sister who is a graphic designer. She purchased a new computer in late October, early November. She ended up taking it back due to compatibility issues with In-design. The compatibility issues were solved with the G4.

11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Replies: 5
CS2/Macromedia MX2004 on MBP C2D
Views: 194
Posted By brokecollegestudentF04
My sister had CS2 installed on a Mac Mini Core...

My sister had CS2 installed on a Mac Mini Core Duo with 2 gigs of ram, and it was barely useable, she took the mini back and bought a 1.67ghz PowerBook G4 to tide her over until CS was universal.

If Steven didn’t place this post who did? Do you have a sister who happened to purchase a computer and take it back at the same time for the same reasons? Obviously he is using the account with or without your permission. This means HE has access to make un-reputable post.

YOU SAY: Now Steven is trying to get his life in order running a legitamite computer sales buisness, We both work together, Steven and I both fix the computers and I do post them here and I have had perfect dealings on here.

I SAY: Who’s business is it, who owns the dba’s? This sounds like you work for him.

YOU SAY: His mother is a nutcase trying to ruin anything and everything that ever trys to go good in any of her kids lives. His mother does not know me from a hatrack.. ive only met the psychotic woman twice.

I SAY: How can you attest that I am a nutcase or psychotic after meeting me only twice, I have not said anything bad about you. All of my comments were about Steven. All the information your getting about me is coming from Steven. Steven is not honest. What did you mean by ruining all my kids lives. Oldest daughter is an accomplished graphic designer, Youngest son is noted for community service, and missions work, youngest daughter is an accomplished 4-Her. Just so you know I have always supported my children in their dreams and endeavors. Steven chose to take the hard route, my time with him ended up being conflictive rather than compromising at his own doing. If anyone want to see the kind of children we raise go to www.thewinningedgemagazine.com. Check out the community news.

YOU SAY: this is childish anyways to be fighting back and forth over something that happened over 2 years ago that I had nothing to do with..

I SAY: It was just under a month before he moved to Owosso that he was attempting scams on this forum under the name rsandborn1. He used my equipment to try and scam folks and I called him on it.

YOU SAY: hes cleaned his act up alot, his mother dont know him very well, he moved as far as he could away from his family because of there emotional banter and stuff, they treat him like crap and tell him that he needs to die and such..

I SAY: Steven was forced out at the age of 18 because he refused to go to counseling. I endured until he was 18 completeing my parental responsibility. There were other children in the home who deserved a peaceful enviroment. I do know Steven. I went to every school conference, sat in every disciplinary hearing, every IEP educational meeting to set-up behavior plans. Went to counseling sessions week after week and I dealt with him through thick and thin. It was not easy and it is sad to have a son who has no integrity.

YOU SAY: He knows what he did was wrong and hes in the process of trying to locate everything that went to the fritter members to return it, alot of it was lost when he got locked up. But hes trying to make things right.

he agreed to return everything that he ever took from people and what he couldnt return hed find a way to replace or send them cash.. Its gonna take him some time to do it but he knows that is the right thing to do. His time in prison did teach him alot.

I SAY: Steven knows where everything is, it’s in his Grandmothers storage barn. He said he was going to bring us the items months ago so that we could get them back to the owners, but he keeps stahling. He has not made an attempt to return anything. Shortly after he was released from prison he gave his brother an e-mate which was one of the apple fritter stolen items. We realized it was a stolen item and promptly returned it to the owner. Steven can prove his intentions to make good by providing Applefritter and MacNN and any other forums he scammed contact info such as his name address, phone, e-mail, pm’s ect. so victims can obtain their items or receive refunds.

YOU SAY: all he thinks about his is 23 month old boy thats all he worries about, just trying to make things good for him, hell that boy hasnt bought anything for himself in forever, all of it goes to his son. Hes a good guy really, just had a rough life growing up and made some very bad mistakes..

I SAY: His son is 22 months old, What all goes towards his son? he does not financially support his son in any way, he has only given him a few toys. When Steven calls he talks about what HE sold and what HE made and what HE found offering to set us up with better equipment. Then he proceeds to tell us what HE is going to buy for himself.

You are right about one thing, deep down inside Steven has the potential to be a good guy. The Brains to be a Steve Jobs, but its too much work to try and do that. Instead he just keeps doing what he knows how to do – take the low road.

Nisha, right now you are either being scammed by Steven, are very gullible or are dishonest like him. Take this advice, do not believe everything he tells you.

Mother of rsandborn1

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2006, 09:10 PM

1 month difference in the age of Steve's son? Brokecollege is obviously a scammer. Thanks.

( That was sarcasm. Are you sure you just don't want to spread dissent?)

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 15, 2006, 09:14 PM

So i screwed up in ages.. i knew he was around 22-23 month age. His mother will not leave me alone and its really starting to piss me off

Forum Links
Forum Rules