Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > How to tranfer songs from PC to Macbook.?

How to tranfer songs from PC to Macbook.?
Todder
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2007, 12:10 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my 5 000 or so songs from itunes on my PC into itunes on my Macbook.?

If they can be transfered through my ipod that would be great. I have heard of programs like Senuti that supposedly work well but i have heard that people have lost all their songs while trying it. Im just curious if there are any easier or quicker ways of transfering them.

Also once i do figure out how to get them onto my Macbook will i be able to sync my itunes from the mac right away or will it have to erase the songs from my ipod and then put them all back on?

I just bought my first mac so im pretty much a huge noob. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pra9ab0y
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 30, 2007, 03:39 PM

why not copy them to external drive and then just add them manually through itunes?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 30, 2007, 04:05 PM

You could try copying the iTunes Music folder from your PC to your Mac. That should work. However, you cannot automatically synch your iPod with more than one computer at a time.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Todder  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2007, 07:10 PM

i gave senuti a try and it worked amazingggggly. i was impressed.

zero1207
Feb 1, 2007, 07:56 PM

Another option is blue coconut and setting both the itunes libraries to "share". worked well for me.

flyordiedays
Feb 2, 2007, 01:41 AM

I went the external HD route and was more than a little nervous. It was far, far simpler than I imagined. I've not tried Senuti, or blue coconut.

butterfly0fdoom
Senior User
Feb 2, 2007, 01:44 AM

Yeah, the external HD route is probably the easiest. Except I wiped out my iPod and used that as the external.

Forum Links
Forum Rules