Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 2.0 Software Launch

iPhone 2.0 Software Launch (Page 2)
Simon
Posting Junkie
Jul 18, 2008, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by gump2010 View Post
fck all you guys. i can say what the fck i want and was i right.
Actually, you can't. There are rules here. One of them being that you can't tell others (especially mods) to **** off. Looks like you broke that one. So consider yourself reported. Have fun on another board.

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 18, 2008, 07:40 AM

I have deleted posts by our abusive friend gump2010, but haven't edited out quotes—I'm saving them for posterity, and showing how rude he was.

Simon, you're right. This isn't some back alley where you can curse your way to coolness (in your mind). And we on the staff are no more protected from abusive language than anyone else. Until we take action against the abusive user, that is. So we won't be seeing gump2010 again. He gave up the privilege of interacting here by his abuse.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

frdmfghtr
Senior User
Jul 19, 2008, 11:40 AM

Back to the topic...

First impressions? I have to agree with other posts in other forums about the periodic sluggishness of the UI; it does seem "stuck" on occasion. MobileMe is somewhat impressive for the push sync of calendars and contacts; I wish the push email worked for me; right now the only time I get MobileMe email on my iPhone is when I check my GMail account, triggering the phone to check for mail.

I contemplated getting the 3G iPhone, as I sold my 8 GB EDGE iPhone for the cost of a 16 GB 3G model, then decided not to, then changed my mind, only to find out that they are out of stock here in the Twin Cities. Perhaps the stock issue is a sign...

Overall, I'm satisfied with the new software and the apps, but not blown away.

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2008, 11:50 AM

MobileMe push works fine here. Overall though, the UI seems less responsive than 1.1.4. Not to mention the OS seems to restart on its own at least once a day, and that's when I launch any app, not just the 3rd party ones. I've restored 2x now, 1 with a backup and the last time without a backup, to see if my prefs or anything else were bad. No dice. What's worse is that yesterday, a call came in and when I went to answer it, the phone restarted. Not good.

I'll also add that since updating to iTunes 7.7 and iPhone 2.0, backup takes FOREVER. I've cancelled it a few times when I just wanted to sync my phone, but yesterday I timed the backup to be about 27 minutes. I have about 10 apps (total size in my library is 52MB) and about 127 songs, so unless it's backing those up everytime, I don't see a reason why it takes so long.
( Last edited by 64stang06; Jul 19, 2008 at 12:00 PM. )
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules