Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > R U Lost On a Safari With Hotmail?

R U Lost On a Safari With Hotmail?
urrl78
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2005, 04:19 AM

I found it impossible to get into my inbox not only with Safari but with other browsers on my 17" Powerbook. Even though I would find myself IN Hotmail, I could not go to the INBOX. I noticed others posted problems like being unable to empty trash in Hotmail, etc.

The solution for me is to make sure I am logged out of MSN. Next, I go to the login page and save that as my bookmark and then LOG IN. I delete the old bookmark for Hotmail since it does not work. As long as I LOG IN at each session of Hotmail I have no problems going anywhere in Hotmail.

Perhaps the password is being forgotten and your Browswer is simply bringing up a page from memory is the real reason you are having problems. In any case MAKE SURE are logged out at the MSN page and then log in and see if that doesn't help. I would be interested if your Hotmail problems are solved using this method. If so l please post here. Thanks.

Edit:
Logging out in Firefox is more difficult because on my Powerbook there is no logout button on the Firefox Hotmail page whereas there is on the Explorer browser Hotmail page. Even if I go to MSN HOME and try to logout I only get a blank page. Finally after clearing history, cashe, EVERYTHING thru preferences in Firefox was I able to go into MSN home and log out/in.

Final Tip: ALWAYS sign out of Hotmail after each session. Make sure you Sign IN before each session.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2005, 04:40 AM

You still use hotmail? Why not use httpmail and have it forwarded to your Mail.app then?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules