Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > If you FedEx Number isn't in the system yet read this

If you FedEx Number isn't in the system yet read this
Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2001, 11:38 PM

OK. This is retarded...so much for saturday delivery. I just got off the phone with FedEx now and I told the nice woman that my tracking number didn't work and that it is scheduled for saturday delivery (i even threw in a little "I paid extra for the saturday delivery bit") and she is now telling me that it is shipping from Ingram Micro in Pennsylvania and that the committment date to it is Monday March 26 and that it just got out into the channel TONIGHT...btw, the fedex site STILL says nothing. My guess is that if your number says ANYTHING ON it you WILL get it tomorrow...if yours still says NOT FOUND you will be getting it monday. I am pissed.

Gametes
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2001, 12:11 AM

Did you pay extra for saturday delivery?
you are not your signature

justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2001, 12:12 AM

My number is in the system and FedEd says I *won't* get it tommorrow and that it wasn't sent for Saturday delivery. Their commitment date for my package is Monday.

My order is in Apple's system for Saturday delivery.

[This message has been edited by justinkim (edited 03-23-2001).]

Welt als Wille
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2001, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Gametes:
Did you pay extra for saturday delivery?
I did, and I'm one of those whose tracking number has yet to be scanned. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that "special deal" Apple allegedly has with Fed Ex (mentioned on another thread). Maybe my ten bucks went toward that.

pathogen
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2001, 12:19 AM

When my order was still being "built" as of this morning, I called Apple Store. The support person tried to open my sale order to check the status, but for some reason it wouldn't come up: my order was on the system but it was inaccessible. She got frustrated and called her supervisor and they fixed whatever problem it was. Anyhow, I'm in Canada and I because of her accent, I knew I was talking to someone in Apple's Austin, Texas support center. She called the warehouse while I was on the phone with her and she made sure that my order was going to ship right away. She said, "you'll definitly have it tomorrow, the warehouse manager said he would make sure it had priority."

So, late this afternoon, I get the "shipped" email. Great! But my tracking number doesn't work yet...

Fed Ex says on their site that tracking #'s sometimes take 24hrs to register on the system. I think my order is like yours, in that Fed Ex hasn't moved it anywhere yet, and its supposed to be a Saturday Deliver, like it says in my receipt. I don't blame Apple, I blame Fed Ex, but I still have my fingers crossed Tom Hanks* is going to get me my package tomorrow. I have to hope. Monday is too far away, and I've had wierder service from Fec Ex before...

*In Castaway, he's a Fed Ex executive.
When you were young and your heart was an open book, you used to say "live and let live."
But if this ever changing world, in which we live in, makes you give in and cry, say "live and let die."

pneumatic
Mar 24, 2001, 12:24 AM

WHAT THE F@CK?

No, my number isn't in there... bastards better have some 'splainin to do!

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2001, 12:28 AM

Hey agasthya: My order is being shipped to Urbana and My order left Middletown, PA last night but there's no more information on it. Your order should be on the same shipment...

quadgrande
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2001, 12:33 AM

My order still says "Being Assembled".

I have work to do tomorrow anyway.

rsh
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2001, 12:49 AM

I'm troubled for TWO reasons.

First, FedEx shows my delivery, as of now, not updated since the Middleton PA scan yesterday. Secondly, they show "FedEx Two-Day" as the shipping option, no mention of the Saturday delivery that was listed on the Apple site.

Sigh. Sigh. (I really need to get a life.)

Agasthya  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2001, 02:57 AM

Originally posted by gyc:
Hey agasthya: My order is being shipped to Urbana and My order left Middletown, PA last night but there's no more information on it. Your order should be on the same shipment...
gyc: did you pay the extra 10 bucks for fedex shipping to start off with because I didn't...that might be the difference...

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2001, 03:07 AM

I think you all paid for "express" deliver. Not Saturday delivery.

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2001, 03:11 AM

agasthya: I paid for UPS ground but got upgraded to fed ex...

jlb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2001, 03:26 AM

Scott_H is correct. I paid for "expidited" 3-day delivery, not "overnight" and not "Saturday delivery." HOWEVER, the Apple Store says "FedEx Saturday Delivery" so I imagine that's what most people expect. Frankly, I think most of us would be fine getting it on Monday instead of Saturday.

-jlb

mr. blur
Mar 24, 2001, 04:11 AM

agreed. i paid for fed ex expedited (3 day or whatever)....apple canada has upgraded that to saturday delivery (although fed ex does not do saturday deliveries inmy area...) and also refunded the fed ex charge.

i find it very difficult to complain about that...apple has gone over and above what was agreed upon when i ordered....kudos are in order, not bitching.

Forum Links
Forum Rules