Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Batallion Wars

Batallion Wars
MindFad
Posting Junkie
Sep 3, 2005, 11:57 AM

Anyone played it yet? Looks really cool. Thoughts? Childish comments about GameCube?

Edit: Woops—I meant Battalion.
( Last edited by MindFad; Sep 3, 2005 at 11:03 PM. )

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2005, 01:54 PM

I'm going to buy the game when it comes out this 19th. Art direction is pretty amazing and from what I see in movies gameplay looks very fun. One very disappointing thing is there's no multiplayer

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 3, 2005, 02:24 PM

Oh, I thought it was out for some reason; I confused it with Dual Strike, I think, which I'm definitely picking up. But yeah, this does look really, really fun from the videos. Disappointing there is no multiplayer, but ah well. Hopefully in future sequels, as they mention on IGN. And agreed: the art direction and style is what immediately caught my eye about the game. It's awesome. I especially like the animations for the running soldiers.

Dual Strike soon for me, though!

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2005, 03:19 PM

I'm playing Dual Strike right now, which is awesome. Once again it has taken over my life. The use of the two screens is cool- with some battles going on on two different screens. This game is do much bigger and better than the first Advance Wars - the range of COs, some new goodies to fight with, and so on. I never got around to getting the second one, though I may just have to.

I will definitely picking up Batalian Wars.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2005, 04:53 AM

This game looks georgous and looks like a lot of fun. But its a shame it dosent support multiplayer over the internet, cause lets face it, this genre beclongs in the multiplayer realm. I know the infrastructure isnt in place now, but it would have been cool if this game was wifi ready for play on the revolution. Play single player on your cube, get a revolution and jump online with it. That would have sealed the deal imo. Looks like a great game though.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 15, 2005, 01:30 PM

Very positive review from IGNCube

http://cube.ign.com/articles/650/650932p1.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules