Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math???

Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math??? (Page 57)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2015, 11:24 AM

Anyone actually think "Becky" would get treated like this for refusing to go to the principal's office?

The FBI has been asked to investigate an incident at a South Carolina high school Monday in which a police officer appeared to body slam a female student and drag throw her across a classroom.

The confrontation, captured on cellphone video at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, S.C., has drawn intense criticism on social media, from the school district's Black Parents Association — the student is African-American — and the American Civil Liberties Union of South Carolina, which called the deputy's actions "egregious."

"There is no justification whatsoever for treating a child like this," the ACLU said in a statement.

In a news conference, a spokesman for the Richland County Sheriff's Department, Curtis Wilson, identified the deputy in the video as Ben Fields, one of two school resource officers assigned to Spring Valley. Fields had been placed on administrative duty pending an internal investigation, Wilson said, adding that the officer was declining interview requests.

Fields, who is white, is named as a defendant in a 2013 federal lawsuit that claims he "unfairly and recklessly targets African-American students with allegations of gang membership and criminal gang activity."

The plaintiff in the suit, Ashton James Reese, was expelled from Spring Valley after Fields said that he was a gang member who had taken part in a "huge gang fight."

In the lawsuit, Reese denied that he had ever been involved in a gang.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott did not attend the news conference — he was out of town, Wilson said — but Lott had watched the video and was "disturbed."

Lott "has questions like everybody else," Wilson told reporters. "He wants answers to those questions."

Wilson confirmed that Lott placed to a call Monday to Dave Thomas, the Special Agent in charge of the FBI for South Carolina, to request an independent investigation of the incident. Lott followed up Tuesday morning with a formal written request to Thomas and U.S. Attorney William Nettles.

A male student at Spring Valley told NBC News that the girl had ignored requests by the teacher to go to a "discipline office." The officer then entered the classroom and asked if she would go on her own or if he had to make her, according to the student.

When the student refused to leave, Lott told NBC affiliate WIS earlier Monday, the officer "was requested to take action."

She was told that she was under arrest, but again refused to leave the classroom, Lott told the station. "The video then shows the student resisting and being arrested."

In a statement, school district superintendent Debbie Hamm said the district "is deeply concerned" about the confrontation.

"Student safety is and always will be the District's top priority," Hamm said. "The District will not tolerate any actions that jeopardize the safety of our students."

Hamm added that the district is working "closely" with the sheriff's department to "conduct a thorough and complete investigation."

"Pending the outcome of the investigation, the District has directed that the school resource officer not return to any school in the District," Hamm said.

In a statement, the Richland Black Parents Association said they were "heartbroken as this is just another example of the intolerance that continues to be of issue in Richland School District Two particularly with families and children of color."
Video Shows Cop Body-Slamming High School Girl in S.C. Classroom - NBC News

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2015, 12:02 PM

None of the details leading up to that were captured, and her comments to the officer were edited out of the video, but yeah, if her name had been "Becky" she still would have been dragged out of the chair and cuffed for refusing to comply with the officer.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2015, 01:22 PM

Of course, it can't possibly be that this officer crooked ass cop was just out of control. Not even when he hauled another young black girl to jail simply for objecting to his treatment of her classmate and filming his actions.

South Carolina high school student who witnessed her classmate being physically abused by a school resource officer was arrested and held on $1,000 for filming the incident.

Niya Kenny, 18, told WLTX she was shocked and disturbed when she saw Officer Ben Fields flipping her female classmate out of her desk and pinning her to the ground for refusing to leave class.

“I was screaming ‘What the f, what the f is this really happening?’ I was praying out loud for the girl,” Kenny told WLTX. “I just couldn’t believe this was happening I was just crying and he said, since you have so much to say you are coming too. I just put my hands behind my back.”

The video, posted Monday by New York Daily News writer Shaun King, shows Fields wrapping his arms around the neck of the pony-tailed girl. He then flips her desk over backwards and throws her onto the ground, saying “put your hands behind your back.”

Kenny said her classmate is only about 5’6″ and said she never saw anything like it before.

“A man used that much force on a little girl, a big man, like 300 pounds of full muscle,” Kenny told the station. “I was like no way, no way, you can’t do that to no little girl.”

Her classmate wasn’t participating in math class at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, and was asked to leave by the teacher. The girl refused, so the teacher called an administrator, who called Fields.

Kenny’s mom, Doris Kenny, said her daughter was just standing up for the girl and said Field’s actions were excessive.

Niya Kenny was charged with “disturbing school,” which her mother questions.

“Who was really disturbing the school?” Doris Kenny asked. “Was it my daughter or the officer who came in to the classroom and did that to the young girl?”
SC student arrested for recording school cop’s violent assault on classmate sitting in her desk

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2015, 03:31 PM

So now those "details" are coming out. Again, I don't think I'm going out on a limb here when I say that in all likelihood "Becky" would not have had a muscle bound cop called on her by a teacher over a cell phone in class in the first place. And even if by some minor miracle that happened the cop wouldn't have tossed her around like a rag doll. And even if by some major miracle the muscle bound cop actually did do this to "Becky" he would not have been placed on "administrative duties". And certain individuals wouldn't be wondering what "her comments to the officer" were because it wouldn't have mattered.

On Monday afternoon, during an otherwise routine math class at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina, a peaceful, non-threatening teenage girl who was sitting quietly at her desk, was mauled by an adult bodybuilder. Picked up while in this desk, and tossed to and fro by the muscle-bound man, the teenager was not just humiliated, but injured. Many of her fellow students were frozen in fear and others busted out in audible sobs.

These are facts, but because the bodybuilder was a police officer, Ben Fields, he has been given a level of deference that no man who assaults a young girl should ever be given. This young girl, who classmates claimed was only in trouble with her teacher because she had her cell phone out in class, should've never been manhandled like this. She was not a physical threat. She was not armed. She was not dangerous. Students stated that she was actually so quiet that the bigger disruption was the teacher insisting she go to the front office over having a cell phone.

Few incidents better communicate just how over-policed America, particularly Black America, is in 2015 than a teenage girl being thrown around like a rag doll over having a cell phone in class. Whether this was a violation of a school rule or not, it wasn't a crime, and is among the most minor violations of school rules. For such horrendous force to be used by an intimidating officer on a young girl should've resulted in the immediate termination of Officer Ben Fields.

When justice is delayed, in this instance or others, it sends a complicated message to every stakeholder in the community that the behavior isn't quite as severe as our eyes, heart, and mind tell us it is. What's to be investigated in this case? The student did nothing to warrant such an extreme reaction from the officer and it was so violent, so severe, that he will never be trusted by students in that school, or any school, again. Within hours of this incident going public, students from previous years began speaking of numerous other instances in which Officer Ben Fields was brutal. He was the subject of a police brutality lawsuit previously and is currently being sued for racial profiling from another black student in the school.

It's hard enough that American students live under the constant fear of school shootings from random gunmen, they should never, ever have to suffer from police brutality in their place of learning.
Spring Valley cop Ben Fields should’ve been fired immediately | NY Daily News

OAW

andi*pandi
Oct 28, 2015, 10:38 AM

Not that the cops reaction is ok, but...

If cell phones are not allowed in class, and Becky refuses to put it away, perhaps with a smartass comment, then what does the teacher do? Send her to the office. What does the teacher do when Becky refuses to go? Students can refuse to go to office? Since when? What can the teacher do? Flunk her? Taze her? I have a feeling that calling the parents would have zero effect. How do you suspend someone if they refuse to go and you can't touch them to physically remove them?

What if the officer had just picked up the desk, carefully, and brought her to the office?

Discipline has to have teeth, otherwise the only way to get a reaction is to bite.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post

If cell phones are not allowed in class, and Becky refuses to put it away, perhaps with a smartass comment, then what does the teacher do? Send her to the office. What does the teacher do when Becky refuses to go? Students can refuse to go to office? Since when? What can the teacher do? Flunk her? Taze her? I have a feeling that calling the parents would have zero effect. How do you suspend someone if they refuse to go and you can't touch them to physically remove them?

What if the officer had just picked up the desk, carefully, and brought her to the office?

Discipline has to have teeth, otherwise the only way to get a reaction is to bite.
The cop's reaction was appropriate. If a girl, no matter her race, had pulled that when I was going to school, she would have received worse. Granted, we didn't have smartphones, but if the teacher had told her to leave and she refused, and refused again when the security officer told her to leave, she would have been bodily dragged out of the class (then paddled, then suspended for 2 weeks). Now, however, people clutch their pearls when any kid is disciplined, because God forbid the little "angels" not be allowed to run roughshod over any authority figures; text in class, mouth off to teachers, and generally cause as much disruption as possible.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 01:00 PM

All valid points. And in my view the issue here is JUDGEMENT. Which the so-called "adults" in the situation are expected to demonstrate. Let's keep in mind that she was sitting there quietly. Yes she was refusing to participate in class and refusing to put her phone away. For whatever reason she had "checked out" so to speak. So what would have been the least "disruptive" course of action? Call in an SRO to physically force her to leave the class? Or just allow her to continue sitting there quietly and resume teaching the other students .... but at the same time letting her know in no uncertain terms that she would be suspended before the day was out if she continued to be defiant? Her choice. I mean think about it. If she were chewing gum and had refused the teacher's demand to throw it away should Officer Slam (apparently that's a nickname the kids at this school had already given him prior to this incident ... which speaks volumes in and of itself ) be called in to physically pry her jaws open and force her to spit it out?

Let me come at this from another angle. Say her father had been called about this situation and he showed up in class instead of the SRO. Let's say he was the one who demanded she get up so he could take her home and she refused. If he had tossed her around like a rag doll under his authority as her parent Child Services would be paying him a visit in short order. And a whole lot of people who are supporting this "officer" would be screaming child abuse as well.

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 01:04 PM

It would appear the man's boss doesn't consider his reactions to be "appropriate" ...

A South Carolina sheriff said Wednesday that he had fired a white deputy who was caught on video grabbing an African-American student, flipping her backward as she sat at her desk, then dragging and throwing her across the floor as he tried to remove her from the classroom.

The Richland County deputy, Ben Fields, was dismissed after an internal investigation concluded that he had violated department standards, said the sheriff, Leon Lott. Deputy Fields, who had been assigned to Spring Valley High School, is also a subject of a federal civil rights inquiry that could lead to criminal charges.

“Deputy Fields did not follow proper training, did not follow proper procedure, when he threw the student across the room,” Sheriff Lott said at a news conference in Columbia.

The video of the episode, which spread across social media in the hours after it happened on Monday, drew renewed attention to concerns about the treatment of African-Americans by law enforcement officers. School leaders condemned what happened, and the local school board chairman described it as “an outrageous exception to the culture, conduct and stands in which we so strongly believe in.”

Other critics, including the leader of the South Carolina branch of the N.A.A.C.P., raised questions about whether race had been a factor and whether the use of force was excessive.

Sheriff Lott had indicated a day earlier that Deputy Fields’s job was in jeopardy, even as he said some evidence had emerged that showed the student “hitting” him “with her fists and striking him.”

“Even though she was wrong for disturbing the class, even though she refused to abide by the directions of the teacher, the school administrator and also the verbal commands of our deputy, I’m looking at what our deputy did,” the sheriff said.

Deputy Fields, who was also a football coach at Spring Valley, could not be reached for comment this week. He was previously named in at least two lawsuits that complained about his work as a deputy. One of those cases was decided in his favor, and the other is pending.

The episode played out Monday during an Algebra 1 class after, according to witnesses, a sophomore refused her teacher’s request to stop using her phone. An administrator ultimately summoned Deputy Fields, and, despite repeated requests, the student refused to leave the classroom.

Eventually, Deputy Fields forced the student from her desk, tipping it backward, and later slammed her to the ground. After the girl, who other students described as generally quiet, was pulled toward the front of the classroom, she was handcuffed.
South Carolina Deputy Fired Over Student Confrontation | NY Times

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
It would appear the man's boss doesn't consider his reactions to be "appropriate" ...

South Carolina Deputy Fired Over Student Confrontation | NY Times

OAW
With all the SJWs bitching at him? I'm not surprised.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 01:45 PM

Another interesting observation about this incident ...

All of these shenanigans because this girl was using her phone in class. And both the teacher and the administrator signed statements stating they supported the SRO's use of force in this incident. But had it not been for the other students also violating school policy by recording the incident on their cell phones I highly doubt this man would have been summarily dismissed.

OAW

andi*pandi
Oct 28, 2015, 02:09 PM

From the video, another adult in the room was a black man. Teacher or Asst Principal, I don't know... but he was likely one of the ones who signed approval of the measures.

Thoughts?

Phones are not allowed in class for many reasons. Distractions, cheating, etc. Do you think it's ok to blow off school rules?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2015, 02:45 PM

civil disobedience coached by the community organizers.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 03:09 PM

From the video, another adult in the room was a black man. Teacher or Asst Principal, I don't know... but he was likely one of the ones who signed approval of the measures.

Thoughts?
Not surprising at all. Implicit bias impacts people of all ethnicities.

Black-on-Black Racism: The Hazards of Implicit Bias - The Atlantic

Hence my use of the term "Becky" above. All too often when someone says that "race is a factor" in situations like this the reaction of some is knee-jerk denial because that gets interpreted as if someone is claiming the person involved is a closet Klan member or a young intern displaying "poor judgement". When in most instances that's not even the case. What's happening all too often is that implicit biases are operating at a sub-conscious level. And this is why I contend that "Becky" would be far less likely to have been treated like this than "Keisha" if she had been behaving exactly the same. And if it did happen we would be far less likely to see the level of victim blaming taking place all over the internet. If a little blonde white girl got manhandled like that by a grown ass man over a cell phone in class .... given the history and modern-day realities of US society would anyone actually be willing to bet their next three paychecks that the level of outrage would not have been even greater? Seriously?

Implicit bias is the reason why studies have long shown that when job applicant testers submit identical resumes by mail for open positions ... the ones with "John" on the top are far more likely to get a callback than the ones with "Jamal" or "José". It's why black and brown students are far more likely to be disciplined, suspended, or expelled than their white counterparts for the exact same violation. It's why black and brown people use marijuana at a nearly identical rate as white people but are far more likely to be imprisoned for it. The people involved generally swear on a stack of bibles that they aren't "racist". And in most instances ... they aren't lying. But race is still a factor nonetheless.

Phones are not allowed in class for many reasons. Distractions, cheating, etc. Do you think it's ok to blow off school rules?
Not at all. And to be more accurate ... most districts long ago gave up on "not allowed in class". Because parents are accustomed to and feel better about being able to reach their kids on their cellphones at any time. Especially in an emergency. So I would contend that it's more "not allowed to be used in class" circa 2015. That being said, it's not ok to blow off the rules. I'm just saying that a certain degree of JUDGEMENT should be displayed when enforcing those rules. The sheriff himself has stated that SRO's shouldn't be used by teachers and administrators as "disciplinarians" because that is not their role. And this particular SRO should not have slammed a teenage girl onto the ground in her desk and then thrown her across the room when she was sitting quietly, committing no crime, and posing no threat to him. As I've stated numerous times in this thread ... police officers can't just use any amount of force they want including deadly force ... simply over non-compliance. Not in a civilized society that is.

OAW

andi*pandi
Oct 28, 2015, 03:40 PM

What are the odds that if a Becky smartmouthed off to her teacher, assuming it ever got as far as being given the option "come quietly or else" she would have gone quietly with the police officer? Just like mean ol' fighty bikers, when told to sit on the curb, sit quietly on the curb?

Why would a student escalate the issue to needing a police officer rather than just going to the office when first asked? That's a minor punishment. Perhaps because she thought she couldn't get in trouble? Or because she wanted to make trouble?

Even the worst badasses at my school, full of loser Becky's, would have hauled their butt to the principal when told. Sure, spouting a few f-bombs on the way, but they would have gone, worn their detention like a badge of honor, bragged to their friends about swearing at a teacher, and then continued on to be miserable failures in adulthood... but they would have not needed 3 adults to threaten them with suspension, never mind a police officer to tackle them and drag them to the office.

A teacher's threat has to be backed up by something. And ultimately, that something is the parents. If a child gets detention, or suspension, it is with the knowledge that the punishment at home will be worse because parents have to be notified, jobs disrupted by kids at home, having to pick up late after detention, etc.

If teachers have no teeth, again, then what options are you left with? Ignoring the problem child. Sure, Keisha can be on their phone. Everyone get on their phone. Why not? Who cares?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 03:58 PM

What are the odds that if a Becky smartmouthed off to her teacher, assuming it ever got as far as being given the option "come quietly or else" she would have gone quietly with the police officer? Just like mean ol' fighty bikers, when told to sit on the curb, sit quietly on the curb?

Why would a student escalate the issue to needing a police officer rather than just going to the office when first asked? That's a minor punishment. Perhaps because she thought she couldn't get in trouble? Or because she wanted to make trouble?
Hard to say. Clearly she got a "wild hair up her butt" about something and chose to dig in her heels. As kids from all walks of life have been known to do at one point or another. There's no reason to think this girl didn't think should would get in trouble. That was a given and she obviously didn't care. But at the same time I don't expect that it ever occurred to her that it would go down like that.

Even the worst badasses at my school, full of loser Becky's, would have hauled their butt to the principal when told. Sure, spouting a few f-bombs on the way, but they would have gone, worn their detention like a badge of honor, bragged to their friends about swearing at a teacher, and then continued on to be miserable failures in adulthood... but they would have not needed 3 adults to threaten them with suspension, never mind a police officer to tackle them and drag them to the office.
Agreed. I don't know what this girl was thinking. But again ... we can't lose sight of the fact that she's still a kid. And kids have been known to do dumb sh*t at times. She should be held accountable for her behavior. A suspension seems appropriate. But that shouldn't include being arrested and saddled with a criminal record for the rest of her life. Education Secretary Arne Duncan spoke out about this penchant for criminalizing childish behavior in a recent speech:

Originally Posted by Sec. Arne Duncan
There’s Brandon, who at the age of 11 wrote graffiti on the bathroom wall in his Denver elementary school. His school called the police, and Brandon’s act of vandalism became a criminal matter. Brandon was sentenced to what they called “community service” alongside adult offenders. He told me, “I was definitely the only 11-year-old picking up trash on the side of the highway.” It’s simply mind boggling.

That experience also left him with a criminal record—and, years later, when he set out to become a police officer, the department turned him away because of that youthful mistake. I talked with him just a few days after he got that news, and he said, “It killed my sense of hope.”
While Sheriff Lott should be lauded for swiftly firing his officer for such egregious behavior ... he should be resoundingly criticized for insisting up criminal charges not just for the young girl who was manhandled ... but also for the other young girl who was arrested after standing up for her classmate and recording the officer's actions. That's a life-altering course of action ... and completely unwarranted IMO.

A teacher's threat has to be backed up by something. And ultimately, that something is the parents. If a child gets detention, or suspension, it is with the knowledge that the punishment at home will be worse because parents have to be notified, jobs disrupted by kids at home, having to pick up late after detention, etc.

And on that note what do you think of the point I made earlier? What if it was her own father who manhandled her like that in class? I think the child abuse allegations would have been swift and merciless. So should it be any different for a police officer?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 28, 2015 at 04:27 PM. )

andi*pandi
Oct 28, 2015, 04:28 PM

I agree the officer took it too far. Pulling her out of the desk and flinging her was too much. Any person doing that would not be ok.

I am unclear however how to remove her from the room, without hurting her or himself. He may have started just to pick up the desk with her in it and haul it to the office; She started flailing at that point, and he dropped her. After that... no excuse is possible.

It was a lose-lose situation. There's nothing that officer could have done to get her out of that chair, that the teacher had not already tried. Like asking.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 04:43 PM

I agree the officer took it too far. Pulling her out of the desk and flinging her was too much. Any person doing that would not be ok.
Absolutely.

I am unclear however how to remove her from the room, without hurting her or himself. He may have started just to pick up the desk with her in it and haul it to the office; She started flailing at that point, and he dropped her. After that... no excuse is possible.

It was a lose-lose situation. There's nothing that officer could have done to get her out of that chair, that the teacher had not already tried. Like asking.
I've seen college protestors who refuse to clear the promises removed by police officers without being thrown or injured. But the key ingredient is that it takes more than one to ensure the safety of the officers and the safety of the person being removed. The SRO should have called for backup. Or then again .. just let her sit there quietly and have the principal let her know that she was being suspended. It's not as if the fabric of the spacetime continuum was going to be destroyed if she sat there till the end of class. She would've got up and taken her narrow behind home eventually. Then suffered the wrath of her parents (hopefully). And not been allowed back onto school premises until her suspension was over. That would have been a much better look on the part of the "adults" in this situation than what happened.

OAW

andi*pandi
Oct 28, 2015, 04:59 PM

Ok, now you have two police officers and a difficult girl who won't go quietly. A standoff situation, where the teacher can't teach and this girl has all the power to hold a school hostage. Still not sure how that ends any better except the officer looks like he tried.

Protesters usually do the jellyfish trick, so they flop around, but cannot be confused for fighting back or throwing a punch, and are easy to carry like a sack of flour.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 06:14 PM

Some insight into why this young girl might have been acting out ...

There’s the saying that you never know what someone is going through during his or her day. You don’t know what’s going through a person’s head. Or what stressful situations he or she is presently dealing with. And if even without knowing any of that, there comes a time as a human when showing compassion for a person is the least you can do.

Reading comment after comment, about how the teen girl at Columbia, S.C.,’s Spring Valley High School somehow deserved what she got. Or about how if she would have just listened, then she wouldn’t have been manhandled by a sheriff’s deputy twice her size, was disheartening to say the least. What little hope I had in humanity was lost.

Want to know what else is disheartening?

Finding out that the girl, who has been so cruelly judged by the world, who will have to suffer the mental and physical anguish that was inflicted upon her by now-fired Sheriff’s Deputy and school resource officer Ben Fields, recently dealt with the traumatic loss of both her mother and grandmother.

That young girl, who some of you said deserved what she got, was recently placed in a foster home because she was orphaned, according to the New York Daily News, who interviewed Todd Rutherford, the young girl’s attorney.

That young girl, for whom some didn’t even flinch when she was thrown to the floor and dragged across a classroom by an officer twice her size, is now sitting at home trying to cope with the loss of her family, but also the loss of her dignity at the hands of Fields. That young girl, who now has bruises and injuries from her encounter with Fields, will now carry those scars for the rest of her life.

I hope you all feel good about yourselves.
SC Teen Assaulted by Officer Is a Recent Orphan - The Root

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 06:36 PM

Thoughts?

There's no arguing with outrage culture, it's fruitless.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2015, 06:38 PM

Another interesting observation about this incident ...

All of these shenanigans because this girl was using her phone in class. And both the teacher and the administrator signed statements stating they supported the SRO's use of force in this incident. But had it not been for the other students also violating school policy by recording the incident on their cell phones I highly doubt this man would have been summarily dismissed.
This wouldn't have been blown out of proportion, you mean. The other kids recording should be punished too, FTM.

A teacher's threat has to be backed up by something. And ultimately, that something is the parents.
The parents have to care in the first place (or nowadays "parent", since there's typically only 1).

OreoCookie
Oct 28, 2015, 10:35 PM

Ok, now you have two police officers and a difficult girl who won't go quietly. A standoff situation, where the teacher can't teach and this girl has all the power to hold a school hostage. Still not sure how that ends any better except the officer looks like he tried.
This is a pedagogical problem, not a problem for law enforcement: apart from the special circumstances here (I did not know that the girl was an orphan), puberty alone is enough to explain defiance towards authorities. I don't think the teacher gains authority by letting someone else use excessive force.

PS It seems that the girl who made the video of the arrest was herself arrested for making said recording. WTF!?! (It seems she was charged with “disturbing school.”
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2015, 12:41 PM

Yeah, the security officer at the school was a real monster: Spring Valley High students stage walkout in support of fired deputy | The State

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2015, 07:23 PM

It would appear someone has fallen upon hard times.

A former South Carolina Highway Patrol trooper who is already facing assault and battery charges stemming from the shooting last year of an unarmed black man at a gas station is now also facing shoplifting charges, the Huffington Post reports.

Sean Groubert, 32, was ultimately fired after approaching Levar Jones regarding a traffic violation in September 2014 and then shooting Jones as he reached for his wallet. Groubert now works as a truck driver.

Court papers released Monday showed that Groubert, along with his wife, Morgan, was arrested Oct. 18 for reportedly shoplifting at a Columbia, S.C., Wal-Mart. The Grouberts allegedly switched price tags on food to change the total price of their purchases from $135 to $30, HuffPost notes

"Please keep me out of jail," the former officer pleaded with a judge on Monday. The Grouberts are reportedly out on bond and under house arrest.

Groubert first made headlines last year after firing three times at Jones after Jones reached back into his vehicle to get his license at the officer’s instruction.

“I just got my license; you said get my license!” Jones can be heard saying from the ground in dash-cam video of the incident. “That’s my license right there.”

Jones was hit once in the hip and ultimately received a $285,000 settlement in February. If convicted of the assault and battery charges, Groubert could be sentenced to up to 20 years. No trial date has been set yet.
Former SC Cop Who Shot Black Man Reaching for License Is Arrested for Shoplifting - The Root

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2015, 08:36 PM

So much for the Black Lives Matter movement being responsible for this ...

Turns out that the Illinois police officer who claimed that he was in pursuit of three suspects before he was found shot and killed staged the scene to look like murder, and police officials are now stating that it was a "carefully staged suicide," according to NBC News Chicago.

When the Sept. 1 shooting was initially reported, Fox Lake, Ill., Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was hailed as a hero who died in the line of fire trying to keep an area safe. The new account of Gliniewicz's death tells a different tale, of a 52-year-old veteran of the police force who stole money from the youth program he oversaw. Police now believe that the lieutenant became increasingly nervous after learning of a recent audit of department funds that he thought might lead police to his doorstep.

Speaking at a news conference Wednesday, Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko told those gathered that Gliniewicz was under investigation for embezzling thousands of dollars from the Police Explorer Post, a program that works with young people who are interested in becoming police officers, NBC News reports.

Gliniewicz reportedly spent the money he took from the program on various items, including adult websites, gym memberships, mortgage payments and travel expenses, according to the report.

"We have determined this staged suicide was the end result of extensive criminal acts that Gliniewicz had been committing and ... he was under increasing levels of personal stress from scrutiny of his management of the Fox Lake Police Explorer program," Filenko said. "Gliniewicz committed the ultimate betrayal."

According to the Associated Press, on Sept. 1 Gliniewicz called for backup because he claimed he was chasing three men—two white and one black—near a swampy area north of Chicago. By the time other officers arrived, they found Gliniewicz's body near his police car. The officer's death sparked a manhunt in which "around 50 suburban Chicago police departments and sheriff's offices assisted, racking up more than $300,000 in overtime and other costs," AP reports.

A preliminary investigation of the facts led authorities to believe that Gliniewicz had been shot with his own weapon, which was recovered at the scene. Police detained three men seen on security cameras near the lake where Gliniewicz's body was found. The men were questioned and released, AP reports.

Police now believe that Gliniewicz staged an elaborate scene to lead police to believe that he had died in a struggle with his attackers, including shooting himself twice in the torso.

Police officials note that text messages and Gliniewicz's financial records revealed his "ongoing criminal activity," ABC News reports.

Gliniewicz, a father of four, was nearing retirement, according to NBC News.
Police: Death of Ill. Officer Who Embezzled Money From Youth Program Is Ruled a ‘Carefully Staged Suicide’ - The Root

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 4, 2015 at 11:03 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2015, 03:04 AM

That stinks of a good ol' fashioned Chicago tarring.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2015, 11:00 AM

FWIW, lots of people were saying the original story was fishy, right off the bat.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2015, 11:08 AM

The current theory is everybody knew it was a suicide, but because he was well liked, TPTB tried to keep the murder story afloat so his family would get death benefits from his pension.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2015, 02:18 PM

Yet another example of police going acting as if they've lost their minds over jaywalking ...

Jeremy Kingg, Lou Glen, Matt Wallace, and Rolando Ramiro were all walking home together on Friday when they were stopped by police for jaywalking.

“We were walking across the street, the sign said ‘do not walk,’ but lights were already turning yellow and streets were blocked off, so we kept walking,” Ramiro said. He also noted that the street was barricaded, so there was no danger, because cars could not drive down the street anyway.

“[Police] flashed their flashlights at us, asked us to show them our IDs. Matt and Jeremy said to f— off,” he continued.

The officers that had stopped them for jaywalking then attacked the men, and other police officers came running in to join the melee from their bicycles. The unarmed men were then punched, kicked, and kneed by police.

The video of the brutal attack went viral, and shortly after the video caused uproar, the APD released the following statement: “The Austin Police Department has been made aware of the incident that occurred Friday, Nov. 6 at 2:30 a.m. in the 600 block of E. Sixth Street. As is standard protocol, the Chain of Command will review the Response to Resistance and the incident to determine what led up to the events captured in the video and whether the officer’s actions were in compliance with APD policy.”

Despite their assurance of an investigation, the APD has a history of aggressive jaywalking arrests.

In 2014 when officers found themselves in hot water for manhandling a petite college student for jogging ‘against the light,’ APD chief Art Acevedo implied that the young woman was fortunate that his officers hadn’t also raped her.

“This person absolutely took something that was as simple as ‘Austin Police – Stop!’ and decided to do everything you see on that video,” Acevedo said at a press conference. “And quite frankly she wasn’t charged with resisting. She’s lucky I wasn’t the arresting officer, because I wouldn’t have been as generous. … In other cities there’s cops who are actually committing sexual assaults on duty, so I thank God that this is what passes for a controversy in Austin, Texas.”
Video shows Austin police tackling two unarmed men for jaywalking | theGrio

Saying "f*ck off" to a police officer is not the brightest thing in the world to do. But police officers have an obligation to behave professionally regardless. That obviously did not happen here. A clear case of "I'm going to jack you up and arrest you because I can!" IMO

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2015, 02:24 PM

Two marshals charged immediately with second-degree murder and being held on $1 million bond each. I predict this will not end well for them ...

The two marshals charged with fatally shooting a 6-year-old Louisiana boy and critically injuring his father will be held on $1 million bond each, a judge said Monday.

Derrick Stafford, 32, of Mansura, and Norris Greenhouse Jr., 23, of Marksville, each face charges of second-degree murder and second-degree attempted murder for the shooting death of Jeremy Mardis, who was killed when marshals fired on the child's father's vehicle on Tuesday. Mardis' father, Chris Few, was critically injured.

Investigators have been analyzing evidence to determine what sparked the shooting, which Louisiana State Police said happened "at the conclusion of a pursuit." Mardis was struck by five bullets, according to the Avoyelles Parish coroner's office.

Greenhouse and Stafford — who are being held at the Avoyelles Parish jail, according to jail records — will be ordered to home detainment with electronic monitoring if they meet bond, according to Avoyelles court documents.

District Attorney Charles A. Riddle recused himself from the case on Monday because one of his assistant prosecutors is Greenhouse's father, he said. The state attorney general's office will take over the prosecution, according to The Associated Press.

Greenhouse was a full-time marshal for the nearby city of Alexandria, and Stafford was a lieutenant with the Marksville police department, said Louisiana State Police superintendent Col. Michael Edmonson.

Edmonson said Friday that body camera footage helped lead to their arrests. "I can tell you, as a father, it was one of the most disturbing things I've witnessed," Edmonson said of the footage.

"We've got to find out what caused those officers to effect that pursuit, to effect that traffic stop, and what caused them to fire their weapons," Edmonson told NBC News Sunday night.

Mardis, whose family members have said was autistic, will be buried Monday after a funeral service in Mississippi, where he had recently moved from, according to an obituary. "He was a very loving little boy and a true gift from God," the obituary said.
Bond Set at $1M Each for Louisiana Marshals Charged With Killing 6-Year-Old Jeremy Mardis - NBC News

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2015, 02:37 PM

Yet another example of police going acting as if they've lost their minds over jaywalking ...

Video shows Austin police tackling two unarmed men for jaywalking | theGrio

Saying "f*ck off" to a police officer is not the brightest thing in the world to do. But police officers have an obligation to behave professionally regardless. That obviously did not happen here. A clear case of "I'm going to jack you up and arrest you because I can!" IMO

OAW
I'll assume you watched the video and think it's legit, therefore the following is an aside.

The article had me... then it lost me with the rape thing. You shouldn't be a journalist if that's how you're going to parse a statement.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 10, 2015, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
The article had me... then it lost me with the rape thing. You shouldn't be a journalist if that's how you're going to parse a statement.
I feel like lately you've becomes more focused on commenting on how the news is portrayed rather than the actual news itself. This feels like losing the forest for the trees.

Second, I parse his statement to mean, "You think you have to bad getting roughed up? At least you didn't get raped like they're doing in other districts." It completely devalues her complaint about officers use of force. What was your interpretation?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2015, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I feel like lately you've becomes more focused on commenting on how the news is portrayed rather than the actual news itself. This feels like losing the forest for the trees.
In fairness, how the news is portrayed is the news. Subego is trying to take a more rationalized approach to the issues than the news cycles would have. If you want to talk about all the trees and how they act around each other, it would be wise to study the forest.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2015, 02:05 PM

Second, I parse his statement to mean, "You think you have to bad getting roughed up? At least you didn't get raped like they're doing in other districts." It completely devalues her complaint about officers use of force. What was your interpretation?
Sorry, I missed this.

How did you interpret the caveat my observation was an aside? I mean, I'm willing to take flack for losing the forest for the trees, but I find it odd you picked an example where I acknowledge the forest, and explicitly qualify my statement as an aside from it.

As for the police chief, he's saying "judge a police department by the worst behavior it's accused of... if this is our worst, we're doing a good job".

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2015, 12:06 AM

IMHO

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2015, 03:36 PM

Shapiro should be ashamed of himself, owning people like that hasn't been legal for >150 years.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2015, 09:39 AM

Chicago's about to get crazy over the Laquan McDonald shooting.

The video is getting released, the city paid out $5mil to the family, and the cop is going to get charged with 1st degree.

I wish I could give some local insight, but I don't know what to add other than this is a big ****ing mess.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2015, 09:50 AM

^^^

Is that the video the cops have been sitting on for months?

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2015, 09:53 AM

Yup.

The city fought tooth and nail to keep it under wraps, too.

The theory is they'll drop the video and the indictment on Wednesday, and hope thanksgiving will blot it out.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2015, 12:00 PM

Yeah I can see them hoping people will be too stuffed with Thanksgiving Day meals to protest. Word on the street is the kid was shot 16 times ... at least twice in the back. Supposedly he was holding a knife but he was walking away from the officers when he was shot. That's never a good look. Meanwhile in Minneapolis where a black male was allegedly shot and killed by a police officer while handcuffed ....

Police announced on social media that five people suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds and that officers were searching for “3 white male suspects” who fled the scene.

A police spokesman confirmed to The Washington Post that those shot had been protesting outside the police station before the incident.

“Tonight, white supremacists attacked the ‪#‎4thPrecinctShutDown‬ in an act of domestic terrorism,” Black Lives Matter Minneapolis said on Facebook. “We won’t be intimidated.”

Though Clark’s family called for the protests to come to an end following the shooting, Black Lives Matter Minneapolis vowed to return to the police station for another demonstration on Tuesday.

A video recorded by a journalist at the scene showed people fleeing from the shooting — then screaming for an ambulance. A young African American man was seen writhing in pain with an apparent gunshot wound to the leg while fellow protesters — then police and paramedics — tried to help.

Details of the shooting, however, remain murky.

Oluchi Omeoga, a young protester who has participated in the demonstrations since last Monday, said she witnessed the incident.

Omeoga and her fellow protesters saw three people wearing masks who “weren’t supposed to be there,” she told the Associated Press. When the three interlopers left the crowd and began walking down the street, a few protesters followed them. But when the three men reached a corner, she said, they pulled out weapons and fired at the protesters.

“A group of white supremacists showed up at the protest, as they have done most nights,” Miski Noor, a Black Lives Matter organizer, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Police have not confirmed or denied Noor’s claim.

Noor said the white men “opened fire on about six protesters,” after the protesters tried to herd the men away from the protest area.

Dana Jaehnert, another demonstrator, told the newspaper that one of the men wore a mask. She said she heard four gunshots.

Jie Wronski-Riley, a student at the University of Minnesota, told the Star Tribune that the shooting occurred as protesters tried to move the counter-demonstrators, who had been taunting protesters, away from the protesters’ camp in front of the police station. Suddenly, Wronski-Riley heard what sounded like firecrackers.

“Surely they’re not shooting human beings,” he thought to himself before looking down and realizing that two African American men on either side of him had been hit, he told the Star Tribune, adding that the incident turned “really chaotic, really fast.”

Nekima Levy-Pounds, president of the Minneapolis chapter of the NAACP, returned to the scene after the shooting incident.

“I am obviously appalled that white supremacists would open fire on nonviolent, peaceful protesters,” she told the Star Tribune.

U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison (D), who has supported the demonstrations, spoke out about the shooting.

“I don’t want to perpetuate rumor,” he said, according to Minnesota Public Radio. “I’d rather just try to get the facts out. That’s a better way to go. I know there’s a lot of speculation as to who these people were. And they well could have been, I’m not trying to say they weren’t white supremacists. But I just haven’t been able to piece together enough information to say with any real clarity.”

The shooting occurred the night before the one-year anniversary of a Missouri grand jury’s decision against indicting white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown. That decision reignited powerful frustrations about America’s policing of African Americans.

In Minneapolis, protesters have been camping out in front of the 4th Precinct since Nov. 15, when two MPD officers were involved in the contentious killing of Clark.

Authorities said officers were responding to a call for help from paramedics, who said Clark was interrupting their attempts to help an assault victim. Clark, who was unarmed, was also a suspect in the assault, police said.

“At some point during an altercation that ensued between the officers and the individual, an officer discharged his weapon, striking the individual,” the state Department of Public Safety said in a Nov. 17 statement.

Clark died in a hospital a day after being shot.

Even before his death, however, his shooting was already causing outrage. Several witnesses claimed that Clark was handcuffed at the time of the fatal shooting, although police claimed otherwise. The Minnesota Department of Public Safety’s Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is now investigating the shooting at the request of MPD.

As protests gained strength last week, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges also asked the Justice Department to open a federal civil rights investigation into the shooting.

Both Black Lives Matter organizers and the Minneapolis NAACP have called on authorities to release video of the shooting.

But Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton said Monday that video footage taken from an ambulance at the scene was inconclusive. Dayton, who met with protesters and Clark’s family on Saturday, said he has urged federal investigators to release the tapes as soon as possible.

Although largely peaceful, the demonstrations have been disrupted by several other incidents. More than 50 protesters were arrested on Nov. 16 after they shut down a highway. And on Friday, police announced they had arrested two men for spray-painting profanity on the 4th Precinct’s walls.

After Monday night’s shooting, Clark’s family thanked protesters for their “incredible support” but said protests outside the police station should stop.

“Thank you to the community for the incredible support you have shown for our family in this difficult time,” Clark’s brother, Eddie Sutton, said in a statement, according to Minnesota Public Radio. “We appreciate Black Lives Matter for holding it down and keeping the protests peaceful.

“But in light of tonight’s shootings, the family feels out of imminent concern for the safety of the occupiers, we must get the occupation of the 4th precinct ended onto the next step.”
Five Black Lives Matter protesters shot in Minneapolis; police searching for white suspects | WashingtonPost.com

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2015, 12:24 PM

It's my understanding that this is the first time a Chicago PD officer has been charged with first-degree murder in about 35 years. The video must be totally damning ...

Chicago police officer charged with murder - CNN.com

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2015, 12:32 PM

It's my understanding that this is the first time a Chicago PD officer has been charged with first-degree murder in about 35 years. The video must be totally damning ...

Chicago police officer charged with murder - CNN.com

OAW
If there's any possibility the charge is due to a desire for justice as opposed to damage control, you wouldn't know it from the way it's been handled.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 24, 2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
If there's any possibility the charge is due to a desire for justice as opposed to damage control, you wouldn't know it from the way it's been handled.
Ha, just stopped by to pose a rhetorical question as to why they decided to charge him now. Shameful shit. This is why stuff like the blue line gets traction.

Also saw some stats on complaints yesterday. I think 8% of cops account for 52% of complaints (at least in one location). Messed up stats.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2015, 08:35 PM

The dashcam video of the Laquan McDonald killing in Chicago has finally been released. Bear in mind this happened over a year ago and the video is only being released as a result of a FOIA lawsuit in conjunction with a Chicago PD confidential whistleblower. The city of Chicago has been sitting on this all this time. Clearly the kid made no aggressive movements toward the officers. In fact, he was moving away from them. Beyond what's shown in the video, it is my understanding that:

1. The teen had a 3-inch pocket knife but it was folded.
2. Autopsy results indicated PCP in the teen's system
3. The cop shot him within 6 seconds of arriving.
4. The cop shot him a total of 16 times. 14 times while he was lying on the ground . 2 times in the back.
5. The cop was reloading and another cop had get him to stand down.
6. There is evidence that some of the cops on the scene confiscated and destroyed security footage from a nearby Burger King that captured the events immediately prior to the shooting.
7. The official police story at the time was "single shot, self-defense, the teen lunged at the officer".

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 24, 2015 at 10:07 PM. )

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 24, 2015, 09:13 PM

Not to detract from that but: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...ops-showed-up/

I got no clear answers from the police that night and am still struggling to get them, despite multiple visits, calls and e-mails to the Santa Monica Police Department requesting the names of the officers, their badge numbers, the audio from my neighbor’s call to 911 and the police report. The sergeant didn’t e-mail me the officers’ names as he promised. I was told that the audio of the call requires a subpoena and that the small army of responders, guns drawn, hadn’t merited an official report. I eventually received a list from the SMPD of 17 officers who came to my apartment that night, but the list does not include the names of two officers who handed me their business cards on the scene. I’ve filed an official complaint with internal affairs.
Editor’s note: The Santa Monica Police Department told The Washington Post that 16 officers were on the scene but later provided a list of 17 names. That list does not match the list of 17 names that was eventually provided to the writer; the total number of names provided by the SMPD is 19.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2015, 09:35 PM

Check out the Dorothy Bland thread where I comments on this case in detail.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 26, 2015, 03:49 AM

Maybe the BLM demonstrators shouldn't have attacked and chased them? Given the eyewitness account given below, I can't really blame them for shooting.

Of course, that doesn't fit with the media narrative of "White Supremacists" (one carrying a BLM sign and another being "Asian") firing into a "peaceful crowd".

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2015, 06:10 PM

^^^

And maybe racist white people shouldn't have been plotting confrontations with BLM demonstrators beforehand?

Three white men wearing bulletproof vests and covering their face with masks shot five Black Lives Matter protesters Monday night in Minneapolis — and some social media users are claiming the gunmen fired in self-defense.

The men, described by some witnesses as white supremacists, wounded five demonstrators shortly before 11 p.m. outside the city’s Fourth Precinct during an ongoing protest of the police shooting death of 24-year-old Jamar Clark.

Police said Tuesday afternoon that a 23-year-old white man and a 32-year-old Hispanic man had been arrested in connection with the shooting.

Demonstrators say masked men wearing military-style clothing have been harassing them for days during the protests, and Black Lives Matter Minneapolis posted a video Friday of two men on their way to disrupt the protests.

Originally Posted by OAW
Check out this interesting video embedded in the article where BLM protesters were repeatedly referred to as "dindus".
It’s not clear whether the two men in the video are connected to Monday’s shooting, and it’s not clear how Black Lives Matter obtained that video.

White supremacists have discussed various strategies online for sparking confrontation at the demonstration, which they described as a “chimpout.”

“Do you know if the BLM n*ggers are planning to protest again tomorrow, and if so, at what time?” one white supremacist asked in an email chain.

They agreed to wear camouflage clothing and display a four of clubs to identify each other, and the white supremacist agitators argued over whether they should carry guns or wear Guy Fawkes masks.

The white supremacist mocked “social justice warriors” and other anti-racist whites, who they described in psychosexual terms.

“Best to act as much like a beta white cuck as much as you can,” one of the racists said.

The activists said groups of men had been appearing at the demonstration and “acting shady” since Friday, so they put together a “safety committee” to watch for potential agitators and escort them away from the protests.

That’s apparently what happened just before the shooting, when some of the protesters confronted three men, described by witnesses as two white men and possibly one Asian man.

Witnesses say the gunmen were trying to record demonstrators’ faces on cell phone video shortly before opening fire, and the two groups argued.

Then a group of protesters charged at the men and demanded they remove their masks, but witnesses said the men shouted back, “f*ck no,” and continued recording cell phone video.

A demonstrator, who spoke on camera with a mask covering his face, said one of the men was carrying a Black Lives Matter sign.

The witness said a demonstrator came out of the crowd and punched one of the white men, and another man stepped back and reached toward his waistband.

“I was like, he’s got a gun, he’s got a gun,” said a second witness, who also covered his face on camera.

The demonstrators said the three men then walked away from the crowd and through a gate, where another protester punched one of the men, and the three men ran off with several protesters behind.

“I was like, they’ve got a gun — don’t follow them,” the second witness said. “Don’t chase them — they’re reaching for a gun.”

The witnesses said the men then stopped in an area where no cameras were present, turned around and opened fire on the six protesters who had been chasing them.

They wounded five of them, although police have said none of their injuries were life-threatening.

The gunmen then ran to an SUV and drove away, witnesses said.

Two of the men remain at large.

Minnesota is not among 33 states with “stand your ground” laws that allow for deadly force in self-defense when retreat is possible, although state law does permit a person to protect their personal property with deadly force.
Emails reveal racists plotted confrontation with Black Lives Matters activists days before shooting

And from the email chain referenced in the article where these people were making their plans to disrupt the BLM protests:

Re: Chimpout Friday Night

From: [email protected], To: fgfgfgf, Date 2015-11-20 08:24:46

Ccing new anon into convo. Anon, can read thru thread to see plan
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 12:15 AM
To: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org
Cc: カ ア
Subject: Re: Chimpout Friday Night

gr8 - i'm gonna crash, i'll look for you guys about 6p ~ then. BTW, i will
probalby not check this email again until 5p ~ unless i'm CC'ing someone
new into the conversation ... otherwise i'll keep up with pol threads.
cy2mrw friends

Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 12:14 AM
To: 4 of cloves chan
Cc: カ ア
Subject: Re: Chimpout Friday Night

I won't be carrying either. I'll start with the mask in my pack and
probably put it on after things get started.

On 2015-11-20 08:12, 4 of cloves chan wrote:
> DOesn't matter to me, we can do that, but i'm not carrying so i'm not
> trying to get shot is all. You guys can wear masks, i just won't
> personally. I'll probably just live stream if you want to be the
> shitters

>
> ________________________________________
> From: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org <mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org>
> Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 12:11 AM
> To: 4 of cloves chan
> Cc: カ ア
> Subject: Re: Chimpout Friday Night
>
> They might remember the anon with a Guy Fawkes mask from tonight but so
> what? I doubt they'll get physical just because someone wears the same
> mask tomorrow night and if it stirs things up, that will be the fun
> part.
> We could start with just scarves or whatever, and have Guy Fawkes masks
> in our backpacks. Then we can start as normal protestors, get them to
> do
> some stupid chants and stuff, then when we get tired of that, put on
> the
> masks and start to cause more commotion.

>
>
>
> On 2015-11-20 08:07, 4 of cloves chan wrote:
>> I wasn't out tonight, no. Tomrrow wil lbe the first. I'd like guy
>> fawkes, but i think it's a bad idea since the guys that left were
>> yelling shit while wearing one
. It might not be a good idea in terms
>> of avoiding confrontation if they figure it's one of us again. I'll
>> probably stick with wild hat + scarf to remain "normal" protester. Not
>> like i'm going to do anything anyways, not really any reason to wear a
>> guy mask.
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> From: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org <mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org>
>> Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 12:05 AM
>> To: カ ア
>> Cc: 4 of cloves chan
>> Subject: RE: Chimpout Friday Night
>>
>> Sounds good, we'll aim for 6. Were you the one with the Guy Fawkes
>> mask
>> tonight?
>>
>> It would be great if we all wear Guy Fawkes masks tomorrow. Take back
>> Anonymous from the f*cking SJW faggots and turn it back into our
>> internet hate machine.

>>
>>
>>
>> On 2015-11-20 07:53, カ ア wrote:
>>> I showed up at around 3 today. Media didn't start showing up until
>>> around around 4, but they started broadcasting around 6. My
>>> recommendation: Show up at 5-6.
>>>
>>> And I agree, parking far is a good idea. I got lucky, even though I
>>> was parked literally ten yards away from the precinct. /k/ really
>>> should have toned it down. Best to act as much like a beta white cuck
>>> as much as you can.
>>>
>>>> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 07:48:27 +0000
>>>> From: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org
>>>> To: [email protected]
>>>> CC: [email protected]
>>>> Subject: Re: Chimpout Friday Night
>>>>
>>>> Agreed on no camo. If other people wear camo I don't care, but I
>>> won't.
>>>> Best to look like protestors. Hoodie, bandanna. Maybe even Guy
>>> Fawkes
>>>> mask. The SJW butthurt will be glorious when people in Guy Fawkes
>>> masks
>>>> start stirring shit and being subliminally anti-BLM.

>>>>
>>>> Remember your 4 of clubs, wear a hoodie, dress for cold weather (it
>>> will
>>>> be 20s-30s tomorrow)
>>>>
>>>> 1925 Plymouth Avenue North. Protest starts at 4:30, when do you guys
>>>
>>>> want to meet up? I know one of you gets off work at 5. Is 6 too
>>> early
>>>> for you to meet up?
>>>>
>>>> Parking a mile or so away is preferred so roody-poos don't smash
>>> your
>>>> car or follow you as you walk to your car after the protest.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 2015-11-20 07:42, Blake Holland wrote:
>>>> > Make sure to reply all to keep all in email chain. 4 of clubs to
>>>> > identify each other. No camo or weird shit, dress normal. Feel
>>> free to
>>>> > carry thiugh.
>>>> > ________________________________
>>>> > From: カ ア <[email protected]>
>>>> > Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:40:28 PM
>>>> > To: Blake Holland
>>>> > Subject: RE: Chimpout Friday Night
>>>> >
>>>> > I'm /his/ anon. Would be nice to go with people. It's
>>> nerve-wracking
>>>> > as f*ck to go alone.
>>>> >
>>>> >> From: [email protected]
>>>> >> To: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org
>>>> >> CC: [email protected]
>>>> >> Subject: Re: Chimpout Friday Night
>>>> >> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 07:39:27 +0000
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Ccing [email protected] into convo
>>>> >> ________________________________________
>>>> >> From: Blake Holland
>>>> >> Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:37:51 PM
>>>> >> To: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org
>>>> >>
>>>> >> I'm just phone browsing cause w.e, does my real name show up when
>>> I
>>>> >> reply btw? f*cking outlook.
>>>> >>
>>>> >> 4 of clubs I can do, np. Work probably not, I'll be a little
>>> late. Do
>>>> >> you know what parking is like down there?
>>>> >> ________________________________________
>>>> >> From: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org <mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org>
>>>> >> Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:32:47 PM
>>>> >> To: Blake Holland
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Great. Do you think you can get off work early and be there? Or
>>> want
>>>> >> to
>>>> >> meet a bit later than 4:30? I assume it will last a while.
>>>> >> Bring your 4 of clubs to ID other /pol/acks
>>>> >> Also, I am only using this email address through Tor, and when I
>>> go to
>>>> >> Minneapolis tomorrow I'll just have my phone, so I'll be able to
>>> check
>>>> >> /pol/ threads but not email. I'll check email tomorrow before I
>>> leave
>>>> >> but after I leave we can communicate via /pol/
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >> On 2015-11-20 07:28, Blake Holland wrote:
>>>> >> > There's image with details
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > ________________________________________
>>>> >> > From: Blake Holland
>>>> >> > Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:27:42 PM
>>>> >> > To: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org
>>>> >> > Subject: Re: Chimpout Friday Night
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:20:52 PM
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > Doesn't seem many people want to go, but I'll shill the email
>>> tomorrow
>>>> >> > as threads appear, you could do the same with yours just cc
>>> everyone
>>>> >> > into a chain.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > Worst case well go and live stream and keep lowkey, w.e dress
>>> normal.
>>>> >> > Going to look for a blm fb or twitter to follow tomorrow while
>>> I'm at
>>>> >> > work so I can stay up to date with what they do, they may not
>>> even go
>>>> >> > out tomorrow.

>>>> >> > Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:10:54 PM
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > Not yet, I'll cc anyone that emails into this chain, just be
>>> sure to
>>>> >> > hit reply all. Full street, first night was Hennepin and 3rd?
>>> By the
>>>> >> > shitty library and ghetto of south, tonight, I'm clueless, I
>>> just want
>>>> >> > to go live stream, would be nice to have polacks there
>>>> >> > From: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org <mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org>
>>>> >> > Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:08:08 PM
>>>> >> > To: Blake Holland
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > Do you know the address or cross street where it happened? Has
>>> anyone
>>>> >> > else emailed you yet?
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > On 2015-11-20 07:06, Blake Holland wrote:
>>>> >> >> First one starTed in mpls off Hennepin, I don't know where it
>>> was
>>>> >> >> tonight, I'm gonna catch up on news in the morning, I'm sure
>>> kate 11
>>>> >> >> will talk about it
>>>> >> >> ________________________________________
>>>> >> >> From: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org <mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org>
>>>> >> >> Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:04:17 PM
>>>> >> >> To: Blake Holland
>>>> >> >> Subject: Re: Chimpout Friday Night
>>>> >> >>
>>>> >> >> Do you know where exactly it's taking place?
>>>> >> >>
>>>> >> >>
>>>> >> >> On 2015-11-20 07:02, Blake Holland wrote:
>>>> >> >>> Not a clue yet, I'm kind of following this from pol now. I
>>> was at
>>>> >> >>> work
>>>> >> >>> till thread 9 I'm catching up. I hope so though, this would
>>> be the
>>>> >> >>> 3rd
>>>> >> >>> or 4th night they've done it
>>>> >> >>>
>>>> >> >>> ________________________________________
>>>> >> >>> From: mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org <mnchimpout@horsef*cker.org>
>>>> >> >>> Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:58:36 PM
>>>> >> >>> To: [email protected]
>>>> >> >>> Subject: Chimpout Friday Night
>>>> >> >>>
>>>> >> >>> I'm down. Do you know if the BLM niggers are planning to
>>> protest
>>>> >> >>> again
>>>> >> >>> tomorrow, and if so, at what time?

>>>> >> >> D
>>>> >> > D
Yeah. When they referred to the ongoing BLM protests over the killing of Jamar Clark at the hands of the Minneapolis police as a "chimpout" I suppose they didn't mean anything by that huh? Just like referring to the protestors as "BLM n*ggers" isn't racist at all? And it's real "interesting" how they are quite enamored with that derisive phrase "social justice warriors (SJW)" just like one of our more "illustrious" members. Even more interesting how the email chain refers to "/pol/ack". Check out the most "illuminating" commentary you see amongst self-described "/pol/acks" on Reddit and FB. Such fine, upstanding, people frequent there. Yeah that whole "White Supremacist" thing is just a "media narrative".

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 30, 2015 at 06:49 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2015, 10:50 PM

Glad to see the young brother finally came to his senses ...

CJ Pearson, the 13-year-old YouTube star, renounced conservatism, CNN reports.

The teenager has used his online platform to criticize President Barack Obama’s policies and to promote conservative viewpoints. He has a huge audience of more than 100,000 Facebook followers and nearly 19,000 YouTube channel subscribers.

On Friday, Pearson expressed several concerns to the network about where the GOP stands on certain issues.

In an email to CNN, he stated: “I was tired of being a champion of a party that turned a blind eye to racial discrimination. Tired of being a champion of any cause that denies equal rights to every American. Tired of being a champion of a party that doesn’t care about the issues important to young people.”

The Georgia teen’s change of heart started after a conversation with a friend about why he failed to denounce racial discrimination. Pearson was concerned that pointing out racism would displease his followers, he admitted to CNN.

“Over the past few days, I thought about essentially how I don’t want people to follow me because I’m that anti-Obama kid, or who called out Hillary Clinton or who took Bernie Sanders to task,” he said.

But the real eye opener came after viewing the video of a white Chicago policeman gunning down Laquan McDonald.

Earlier this month, Pearson stepped down from his position as chairman of Teens for Ted, the Dallas Morning News reported. He said presidential candidate Ted Cruz has not fully addressed issues affecting young people.
CJ Pearson Renounces Conservatism - The Root

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2015, 12:00 AM

^^^

And maybe racist white people shouldn't have been plotting confrontations with BLM demonstrators beforehand?

Emails reveal racists plotted confrontation with Black Lives Matters activists days before shooting

And from the email chain referenced in the article where these people were making their plans to disrupt the BLM protests:

Yeah. When they referred to the ongoing BLM protests over the killing of Jamar Clark at the hands of the Minneapolis police as a "chimpout" I suppose they didn't mean anything by that huh? Just like referring to the protestors as "BLM n*ggers" isn't racist at all? And it's real "interesting" how they are quite enamored with that derisive phrase "social justice warriors (SJW)" just like one of our more "illustrious" members. Even more interesting how the email chain refers to "/pol/ack". Check out the most "illuminating" commentary you see amongst self-described "/pol/acks" on Reddit and FB. Such fine, upstanding, people frequent there. Yeah that whole "White Supremacist" thing is just a "media narrative".
That has nothing to do with what the BLM protestors did, Re. attacking the 3 people in question first, but keep pushing until it becomes a positive. You don't want to be called a SJW? Your own side came up with that one, you should talk with them about it.

Glad to see the young brother finally came to his senses ...

CJ Pearson Renounces Conservatism - The Root
Okay? As if it all didn't reek of being a publicity stunt from the jump, anyway.

Forum Links
Forum Rules