Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Early 2008 Macbook Pro bumps on lid?

Early 2008 Macbook Pro bumps on lid?
Jottle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2008, 04:08 PM

I just purchased a new (old) 2.5ghs, 250gb macbook pro (previous generation) and noticed that at certain angles there are these weird protrusions on the top of the lid. It looks like you can see the mounts that the lcd connects into. It's as if there was too much pressure on the lid in shipping, and now these raised indendations seem to be permanent. It's not a big enough deal to risk getting the lcd/lid replaced and possibly getting a dead pixel on the new screen, but do any of you other owners see any bumps or indentations on the top of your lid? It's hard to describe, but basically there's a 3-4 square raised spots on the metal lid that look to be parallel on the top and bottom. Since there aren't stores that still have the old macbook pros on display, I can't really verify if this is common.

issa
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 24, 2008, 08:21 PM

I don't see any on mine -- same model, purchased after the new machines were announced. The lid looks perfectly flat and even.

Forum Links
Forum Rules