Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is there some super cheap place to buy 'cosmetic' car parts online? (eg; Headlamps)

Is there some super cheap place to buy 'cosmetic' car parts online? (eg; Headlamps)
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 30, 2011, 08:40 PM

Thought I'd tap the wisdom pool here again...

Buying a 13 year old car that's in great shape aside from bleached out lamps and wouldn't mind dropping a few bucks to throw in some new replacements.

Is there some super cheap spot I can hunt online?

Thanks peeps.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2011, 12:09 AM

If you’re referring to the haze that builds up on the surface of plastic headlamp lenses, there is a polish you can buy to clear that stuff off. Pretty sure I’ve seen it at Autozone/O’Reillys, etc.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2011, 01:00 AM

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2011, 01:19 AM

My Accord came with a cheap aftermarket brand of replacement headlamps (previous owner had been backed into). They are nowhere near as bright as the OEM headlamps on my friend's similar Accord. However, I have noticed lately that, at least for my car, Amazon has had some very good deals on name-brand higher-end replacement headlamps (including the JDM [I know, I know], supplier for Honda). I'd check there for your car and see if there are any good deals.

Lateralus  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 31, 2011, 10:10 AM

Wow, I had no idea you could get that much of an affect with a polish. Sweet as.

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
My Accord came with a cheap aftermarket brand of replacement headlamps (previous owner had been backed into). They are nowhere near as bright as the OEM headlamps on my friend's similar Accord. However, I have noticed lately that, at least for my car, Amazon has had some very good deals on name-brand higher-end replacement headlamps (including the JDM [I know, I know], supplier for Honda). I'd check there for your car and see if there are any good deals.
Good point, I never thought of that.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

bstone
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2011, 09:45 PM

Amazon has some really good deals. I got an aftermarket catalytic converter for my 97 Subaru OBW really, really cheap. Their parts finder helps make sure it will fix. Advance Auto Parts is my favorite local source- their online store and use of codes has saved me TONS.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Forum Links
Forum Rules